ADVERTISEMENT

2A West Region schedule and notes.

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
I know we still have Conference tournaments to be played, but here is information on the 2A West Region tournament for boys and girls basketball. I didn't realize 4 schools advance to state from each region this year.

http://www.region2awest.com/main/adnews/ID/40066610

Semifinals and Finals to be played at UVA-Wise
Girls and Boys Basketball Pre Tournament Report 2016
Dates:
Monday, February 22, 2016: Girls Quarterfinals @ Higher Seed – Time TBD by teams involved
Tuesday, February 23, 2016: Boys Quarterfinals @ Higher Seed – Time TBD by teams involved
Wednesday, February 24, 2016: Girls’ Semifinals @ UVA-Wise at 6pm, the next game will start 20 minutes after the conclusion of the 1st game
Friday, February 26, 2016: Boys’ Semifinals @ UVA-Wise at 6pm, the next game will start 20 minutes after the conclusion of the 1st game
Saturday, February 27, 2016: Girls’ Consolation at Noon; Boys’ Consolation at 2:00 pm; Girls’ Final at 4:00 pm; Boys’ Final at 6:00 pm @ UVA-Wise

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Yeah - that's the site for Conference 40. Last year was Conference 39 (Richlands hosted the boys) and two years ago it was Conference 38 (Floyd County) Next year, I think it will finally be in Conference 37 (Somewhere like Averett or closer to Danville area)

I love to travel but not sure about making that trek. Can you please give me the skinny on how the playoff are set up this year? What was the change?

Come on Ant, ain't that bad of a trip. 3 hrs and 15-20 minutes from the Ville. Made the trip many times, not that bad. Course we got to get there first. Glad the Dogs finally get some rest, have looked tired the last 2 games in my opinion especially in the 2nd halves against GW and MV

I understand that there's a cycle, but hopefully the VHSL will make an adjustment if Martinsville and Dan River meet for the regional final. Don't think it's fair to make those teams and fans travel 4+ hours to play each other when their schools are literally 30 minutes up the road from each other.

Reactions: AntGZee
With the consolation games this year I believe everything will stay at
Wise if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully people will come since it's on Saturday, but if not so be it. I believe the following week if you win or lose the regional you will be playing at the Salem Civic Center. The 2 teams in the consolation game will travel east some where

Well they allowed Martinsville to play Dan River last year at Magna Vista. 3 1/2 hr ride is ok on the weekend but not on a weekday.

With the consolation games this year I believe everything will stay at
Wise if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully people will come since it's on Saturday, but if not so be it. I believe the following week if you win or lose the regional you will be playing at the Salem Civic Center. The 2 teams in the consolation game will travel east some where
Horsepasture are they doing super sites this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT