ADVERTISEMENT

#3 A1 Hurley vs #4 A2 Grundy Final Hurley 56 Grundy 6

Chilwar25

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 20, 2010
This game may be the best game in the West. The game will be played at the
"Cliff" in Hurley. Both teams unbeaten. If Hurley wins they can get a ton of
Points that will help them in the playoffs probably get a top 4 seed.
This is Grundy's best start in years, and probably, Grundy's best team in years.
This is the Battle of Buchanan County, and the biggest game in Buchanan County
IN years.
I am going with the men from the "Cliff ". Hurley by 7.

Reactions: jdickson55
This game may be the best game in the West. The game will be played at the
"Cliff" in Hurley. Both teams unbeaten. If Hurley wins they can get a ton of
Points that will help them in the playoffs probably get a top 4 seed.
This is Grundy's best start in years, and probably, Grundy's best team in years.
This is the Battle of Buchanan County, and the biggest game in Buchanan County
IN years.
I am going with the men from the "Cliff ". Hurley by 7.
Chilwar, if Hurley is as good as I think they are and have any chance of competing with the top teams in 1A they will have to beat Grundy worse than that. I say 4 td's.

Reactions: Arnsparger
Honestjohn, you are probably right, but given that Grundy is unbeaten and A2,
I figured a win is a win, so it doesn't make any difference to me if it is one TD,
One point, or 28, Hurley comes out on top. Margin of win does not count for
Nothing, and I am glad it does not in football, or high school sports. It may in
Vagas where folks bet on games, but thank God we are not in Vagas.
I personally don't like it when Scores are way out of line. These are just kids playing
Out there, providing us some good clean fun for everyone. Let's just hope no one
Gets hurt or injured.

Hey Chilwar25. this does sound like a big game. However, I don't think Grundy is ranked though in 2A. There are lots of G teams in there and in 1A so it would be easy to mix em up ha.

Honestjohn60 may be right about Hurley should win big. 1A GW just beat Honaker by over 50 the week after Grundy escaped with a 7-3 win over Honaker.

Go Rebels!

Plus your Chilhowie is looking good with a big win over Virginia High!

Honestjohn, you are probably right, but given that Grundy is unbeaten and A2,
I figured a win is a win, so it doesn't make any difference to me if it is one TD,
One point, or 28, Hurley comes out on top. Margin of win does not count for
Nothing, and I am glad it does not in football, or high school sports. It may in
Vagas where folks bet on games, but thank God we are not in Vagas.
I personally don't like it when Scores are way out of line. These are just kids playing
Out there, providing us some good clean fun for everyone. Let's just hope no one
Gets hurt or injured.
Chilwar, Hurley definitely does not try to run up the score, the starters are lucky to get to play a half. Coach Tester starts subbing early and is playing a lot of 9th and 10th graders, looking ahead for the future.

Uvacavs, Chilhowie won last week against a pretty good Virginia team. Chilhowie now
Has won 5 in a row, since their loss to Marion in game 1.
No doubt the Warriors are improved, but I just hope they don't let up on a team they can
Beat, and they have always had problems with RR. Actually, Chilhowie is not a bad team.
They just need to keep that winning attitude in focus, and execute on both sides of the
Ball. They are still young in spots, and play a lot of Sophomores. The RR game will define
them as a contender or not.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Honestjohn, I know that Coach Tester would not run the score up on anyone. I just think
The Grundy game will be a good game, between 2 good teams. For some reason, I
Figured the game would be close, with Hurley coming out on top. Hurley could use a good
Close win, preparing them for the playoffs where games are usually close.

This Hurley vs Grundy game will be the best game in far SWVA. Both teams are solid clubs,
Hurley especially. But don't sleep on Grundy. They may not have looked as impressive as
Hurley, but you don't go into mid season in the SW unbeaten without being a pretty good squad.
Having said that, this one is at the "Cliff", and that alone is good for several points. This
Hurley team is good, I mean very good. They have no major weakness. They are very well
Coached, and Brady Justice is a BEAST.
Grundy may have played the toughest schedule, and they are 2A, but in SWVA, a lot of 1A
Schools can play toe to toe with 2A squads. This is the best Grundy team has fielded in
Years, and this is a county rivalry. It has all the makings of a classic.
Both teams will be fired up, and the "Cliff " will be rocking. Who knows, Elvis just may
Appear during the coin toss. This is good stuff, My Friends!

PS Honestjohn, keep us posted on the score!

Guys I have touted Hurley all year but did they not play a wild one last year? seems like Hurley won late like 48-43 or something like that. So it could be a barnburner

I have had trouble picking both teams this year. Both teams are better than I expected. I thought for sure Hurley had a star player last year that graduated, probably named Justice/Justus. At this point in the season though, I feel like Hurley is just a bit better.

I have had trouble picking both teams this year. Both teams are better than I expected. I thought for sure Hurley had a star player last year that graduated, probably named Justice/Justus. At this point in the season though, I feel like Hurley is just a bit better.

Brady Justus had 2,000+ yards last year for Hurley and he's back his year. They also got a transfer from Twin Valley in to play QB which let them move Lester from qb to RB and he probably has 750+ yards on the season. Grundy isn't a terrible team but they won't have the offense to keep up with Hurley. I'm guessing Hurley by 3-4 scores.

Reactions: obguthr
Brady Justus had 2,000+ yards last year for Hurley and he's back his year. They also got a transfer from Twin Valley in to play QB which let them move Lester from qb to RB and he probably has 750+ yards on the season. Grundy isn't a terrible team but they won't have the offense to keep up with Hurley. I'm guessing Hurley by 3-4 scores.
Thanks. I hope Hurley goes far in the playoffs. I'd like to watch Justus play. He sounds very good.

Reactions: eh31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT