ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland Vs Essex

trutiger16

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 10, 2014
I have very little insight on the Indians but seems to me they may have a chance versus Essex . Essex I witnessed in person, they are for real and are on a mission. If Northumberland can get this game in the 4th quarter and remain in striking distance they can win. This would definitely be the biggest upset in the Commonwealth in years , and that’s not saying Northumberland is a bad team just saying Essex is a powerhouse program. Northumberland from what I hear has an excellent coach. Well can he scheme up a win in Tappahanock ? Do they believe ?

Northumberland has the #1 offense in D1 for points scored
Essex has the #1 Defense for points allowed.
Great story line.
The problem for Northumberland, of the teams remaining in the playoffs. Northumberland has the worst defense
I don't expect this game will be as close as the first meeting. I expect Essex will make adjustments on defense with Northumberland showing no signs of being able to slow down the Essex offense.
My opinion, Essex will win by a wider margin.

Northumberland has a chance but in order for that to happen they will have to go away from their explosive offense. Much like they did in the 2018 regular season game against Essex use clock management. Northumberland had a very quick scoring offense that year as well. If Northumberland can manage the clock and keep their defense off the field I feel it can be close. But I give credit where it’s due coach Jones and Essex coaching staff do an excellent job at game plan adjustments. Should be a great game either way. Good luck Indians

Reactions: uvacavs1
Congrats to Essex Head Coach Todd Jones who earned his 200th career victory at Essex (on-field) with the big victory last weekend!

Lots of wisdom expressed above by both the Essex and Northumberland fans.

I totally get the time control aspect (slowing it down) and trying to go blow to blow with Essex.

Big dilemma for NHS Coach Lewis.

NHS does have a great running attack but just not clearly as powerful and physical (and time controlling) as Essex.

My thought is you just can't out Riverheads Riverheads.

Or, of course, in this case, Essex.

The very knowledgeable The Sel2 has predicted Essex over Northumberland 44-6. Hmmm...maybe.

My only thought for NHS to have a chance is this...

Fortune favors the bold (and the brave).

Northumberland has the 3rd ranked offense in the state of Virginia (in terms of offensive production numbers).

Sophomore NHS QB Tyreek Lundy has 36 passing TDs with only 3 interceptions (plus 7 rushing TDs).

As the Rappahannock Times stated Essex will face NHS QB Lundy "with his bevy of athletic receiving options."

Again, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Whoever comes out on top, I will happily be pulling for to win it all at Salem.

Happy Thanksgiving to all VA Preps sports fans!

Northumberland has the 3rd ranked offense in the state of Virginia (in terms of offensive production numbers).

Sophomore NHS QB Tyreek Lundy has 36 passing TDs with only 3 interceptions (plus 7 rushing TDs).

As the Rappahannock Times stated Essex will face NHS QB Lundy "with his bevy of athletic receiving options."

Again, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Whoever comes out on top, I will happily be pulling for to win it all at Salem.

Happy Thanksgiving to all VA Preps sports fans!
The 3rd ranked offense I get but against weak opponents? Not being disrespectful but honestly you haven’t really won a meaningful game against a good team. Well you get your Chance Saturday. Are you coming to Sussex Friday if so would love to meet up I’m a cool guy. I plan on being at the Essex game on Saturday .

Northumberland defense is their weakness. They will put 9 in the box against Essex and then be overwhelmed with the counter. Essex shouldn't have any problems moving the chains. Northumberland offense has good speed, outside run is their only options. They don't do well between the tackles. Essex can mix up man coverage with some zone with 2 over the top and they will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT