ADVERTISEMENT

3A-B Football Races

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002

FOOTBALL: VHSL Region Rankings And Analysis

And, just like that, we're down to only four football Fridays in the regular season. So let's dig into the latest Virginia High School League (VHSL) Region standings and see where teams are with three or four games remaining.

CLASS 3, REGION A:

1) Phoebus 27.667 (6-0, at Kecoughtan Saturday)
2) Lake Taylor 26.0 (5-1, vs. Churchland Friday)
3) Lafayette 23.667 (5-1, vs. King William Friday)
4) I.C. Norcom 22.714 (5-2, vs. Booker T. Washington Friday)
5) York 21.333 (4-2, vs. Jamestown Friday)
6) Hopewell 20.833 (3-3, vs. Thomas Dale Friday)
7) Southampton 20.667 (4-2, at Greensville County Thursday)
8) New Kent 20.5 (3-3, vs. Grafton Friday)
9T) Petersburg 20.0 (4-2, at Dinwiddie Friday)
Colonial Heights 20.0 (3-3, vs. Meadowbrook Friday)
11) Booker T. Washington 16.667 (2-4, at I.C. Norcom Friday)
12) Lakeland 1-6
13) Tabb 0-6

ANALYSIS: For local teams, it begins with Hopewell, whose schedule doesn't get any easier with unbeaten Thomas Dale coming to Merner Field Friday. A victory goes a long way in helping the Blue Devils in their quest to move up to at least #4, and, with it, a first round home contest. But, lurking behind them are Southampton, New Kent, and Central District rivals Petersburg and Colonial Heights, all less than a point behind. The good news for Hopewell is they hold victories over both the Crimson Wave and Colonials.

CLASS 3, REGION B:

1) Brentsville District 22.714 (6-1, vs. William Monroe Friday)
2) Skyline 19.571 (4-3, vs. Central Woodstock Friday)
3) Armstrong 17.857 (3-4, vs. Patrick Henry Thursday)
4) Warren County 16.714 (3-4, bye week)
5) Culpeper County 16.5 (2-4, vs. James Monroe Thursday)
6) James Monroe 16.0 (1-5, at Culpeper County Thursday)
7) Caroline 14.667 (1-5, vs. Courtland Friday)
8) Goochland 14.333 (2-4, vs. Monticello Friday)
9) Meridian 14.0 (0-7, at Clarke County Friday)
10) William Monroe 13.667 (1-5, at Brentsville District Friday)

ANALYSIS: Goochland continues to struggle, not scoring offensively in their 7-6 win over Charlottesville Friday, but they do crack the top eight as they prepare to host 1-5 Monticello Friday. A win there, and a Caroline loss to Courtland, and the Bulldogs will move up to #7. Let's give big credit to Armstrong! Three big victories thus far, and can give Patrick Henry a hard time when they host the Patriots on Thursday night. The Wildcats will need at least one win in their last three games (PH, Atlee, Mechanicsville) to realistically expect a home game in the first round November 11th.

Posted by robwitham at 7:18 PM

I think hopewell by playoff time will be a tough out for anyone they play. They went toe to toe with dinwiddie Friday night until early 4th quarter the score doesn't indicate how close the game was 21 - 13 at the end of the 3rd quarter before mistakes and tired came in.

Its hard to get a grasp on Region B. The only team I can speak on is Skyline. 4-3 can be a little deceiving, both ways actually, due to the "who" they have played. 1 win from a forfeit, Strasburg's only L, 3 from teams with a combined record of 2-17. But the 3 Loses are from teams with a combined record of 15-3. Other than the Luray game, which Luray dominated, they where in the other 2 until the 4th qt. The penalties or TO's happen at the wrong time of games, there is not a right time, but you know what I am saying. They do have some athletes that can match up with most teams but its not across the board for every position. The front 7 can hold their own for the most part but against a physical Luray team, yeah Handley had more size up front but not nearly as physical, they started to unravel. A very athletic Handley team managed 2 offensive td's on blown assignments and 2 defensive td's ended up being difference in the game. The Clarke lose was the oddity, as they started off behind the 8ball with fumbling the opening KO & it being returned for a score. Then Clarke added a late TD that makes it look like a 11pt. game when it was closer to a 3pt. game that could have went either way. Teams have to learn how to win, if they expect to make a deep push into the playoffs. A tough Central team this week, with Brentsville still remaining, should shine a little more light on how the playoffs may go.

I hate to say this as a Skyline guy, but this region is Brentsville and the 7 Dwarfs

3B is atrocious this year. Usually, you can count on JM and Goochland to have good squads, but both are young this year and have brutal schedules. Huge props to Armstrong for all they are doing and Warren County for their resurgence. Next year Kettle Run, Fauquier, and TJ come back in and it should be more interesting. KR has a good squad this year.

Reactions: vman3196
3B is atrocious this year. Usually, you can count on JM and Goochland to have good squads, but both are young this year and have brutal schedules. Huge props to Armstrong for all they are doing and Warren County for their resurgence. Next year Kettle Run, Fauquier, and TJ come back in and it should be more interesting. KR has a good squad this year.
Without knowing much about Armstrong, other than their schedule is tough, they are flying under the radar for 3B. Skyline did see Culpeper in the first scrimmage of the year, which means nothing at this point, makes them a hard read. Playing JM this week will be a big game for seeding purposes. I think it will be an interested last month of the season! Kettle Run dropping back down will be huge next season!

Kettle Run should be really strong next year. I have seen them twice this year and they have a chance in their 4A region this year and would absolutely run over 3B if they were in this year or last as they easily handled Brentsville both years. Their best player this year is a D1 wide receiver and he is a Senior along with a good senior QB but they have a small senior class overall. They have replaced strong QBs the past two seasons so I would think they will be able to do the same moving forward. Should be a nice shot of life to the region especially in Brentsville can stay strong like they have been and we see rebounds from JM and goochland.

Reactions: schoolboard

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2022​

FOOTBALL: VHSL Region Rankings/Analysis for Week 9​

Three weeks remain in the 2022 high school football regular season. Some teams are already in the postseason, others looking to clinch the top seed in their respective region, while others are fighting to make the top eight. Let's take a deep dive into the latest Virginia High School League (VHSL) region standings containing RVA teams.

NOTE: * denotes clinching a playoff berth

CLASS 3, REGION A:

1) *Phoebus 29.143 (7-0, vs Woodside (6-1) Friday)
2) *Lake Taylor 28.143 (6-1, at Manor (1-6) Friday)
3) Lafayette 25.429 (6-1, at Jamestown (0-6) Friday)
4) I.C. Norcom 23.375 (6-2, at Churchland (4-3) Saturday)
5) Southampton 22.714 (5-2, at Surry (2-5) Thursday)
6) York 22.143 (5-2, at Smithfield (2-5) Friday)
7) Hopewell 21.571 (3-4, at Meadowbrook (1-6) Friday)
8) Colonial Heights 21.286 (4-3, at Matoaca (4-3) Friday)
---
9) New Kent 20.429 (3-4, at Tabb (1-6) Friday)
10) Petersburg 20.0 (4-3, at Thomas Dale (7-0) Friday)

ANALYSIS: Phoebus has a chance to galvanize their hold on first place with a win over Class 5 Woodside on Friday, with Oscar Smith still on their schedule on November 4th. Because of such a tough strength of schedule down the stretch, only Lake Taylor has a realistic shot at overtaking them. Lafayette looks good, I.C. Norcom could join them by beating Churchland on Saturday. The intrigue begins with the fifth seed, as six teams are now vying for four spots. Petersburg could really wreck the party if they hand Thomas Dale their first loss Friday. Colonial Heights would overtake Hopewell for 7th with a win at Matoaca even if Hopewell ousts Meadowbrook. New Kent, however, is rooting for Smithfield, Meadowbrook and Matoaca, plus Thomas Dale, so a win over Tabb draws them closer or into the top eight.

CLASS 3, REGION B:

1) *Brentsville District 23.25 (7-1, vs Riverside (1-6) Friday)
2) *Skyline 19.375 (4-4, bye week)
3) Armstrong 18.5 (3-5, at Atlee (2-5) Friday)
4) James Monroe 17.571 (2-5, at Spotsylvania (3-4) Friday)
5) Warren County 17.143 (3-4, at William Monroe (1-6) Friday)
6) Caroline 17.0 (2-5, vs Chancellor (0-7) Friday)
7) Culpeper 16.286 (2-5, at Courtland (3-4) Friday)
8) Goochland 15.429 (3-4, at Albemarle (5-1) Friday)
---
9) Meridian 14.375 (0-8, vs Park View-Sterling (2-6) Thursday)
10) William Monroe 14.286 (1-6, vs Warren County (3-4) Friday)

ANALYSIS: The big winner in this region last week was the Cavaliers of Caroline, coming from behind to knock off Courtland. As with most regions at this point, two teams can relax when it comes to knowing they'll be playing on November 11th. Those two teams, Brentsville District and Skyline, face each other in Nokesville next Friday, so a Brentsville win Friday, and next Friday, clinches the top seed. The Goochland Bulldogs have won three straight, but have a gauntlet to end the regular season with Albemarle, Orange, and unbeaten Louisa. One win in those three should ensure them a postseason bid, two definitely will, and three, finishing 6-4, would put them squarely in the conversation of hosting a first round game, something unthinkable just a couple of weeks ago. Armstrong needs a win over either Atlee this week or Mechanicsville next Thursday to help them in their quest to not only make the playoffs, but earn a first round home game.

Posted by robwitham at 12:36 PM

Reactions: vman3196
Let’s go Phoebus. One game at a time.
Play 6-1 Woodside tonight for Phoebus first and most likely only Friday night game this year.

Hampton media network choose to broadcast live Hampton vs Heritage, in newport news instead of The district title gm Phoebus vs Woodside in Hampton. Make it make sense.

Hampton media network choose to broadcast live Hampton vs Heritage, in newport news instead of The district title gm Phoebus vs Woodside in Hampton. Make it make sense.

I guess they have to spread it out equally amongst all the Hampton City Schools. I think they could've strategically planned it out a lil better before the season by separating the "showdown" games from the ordinary games. Just my two cents.

You have a point. I hope they show the Oscar Smith game. That should def be in the plan. Its a no brainer.

Thanks, it doesn’t say but afternoon or the usual 7 pm nights? (Important for me, I return from out of country at RIC airport at 4:30pm on 11/12!!).

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Class 3, Region B
1 Brentsville District 24.556
2 Skyline 20.25
3 @AHSSportsRVA 19.556
4 Warren Co 18.375
5 @CarolineFootba1 18.125
6 James Monroe 17.75
7T Culpeper Co 16.5
@GHSFootball 16.5
-------------------------------------
9 Meridian 16.333
10 William Monroe 14.625

CLASS 3, REGION A:

1) X-Phoebus 31.0 (8-0, at Gloucester (1-7) Friday)
2) X-Lake Taylor 28.125 (7-1, at Granby (0-7) Friday)
3) X-Lafayette 25.875 (7-1, vs Poquoson (6-2) Friday)
4) Southampton 23.75 (6-2, vs Windsor (0-9) Friday)
5) I.C. Norcom 23.667 (6-3, vs Norview (4-4) Saturday)
6) York 23.125 (6-2, vs Warhill (6-2) Friday)
7) Hopewell 22.5 (4-4, at Matoaca (5-3) Friday)
8T) New Kent 21.375 (4-4, vs Jamestown (0-8) Friday)

Colonial Heights 21.375 (4-4, vs Thomas Jefferson (7-1) Friday)
---
10) Petersburg 21.125 (4-4, at Prince George (1-7) Friday)
11) Booker T. Washington 18.0 (3-5, vs Maury (5-1) Friday
)

ANALYSIS: What a tricky region. The top three teams seem set, in some order. I.C. Norcom hopes to jump back over Southampton with a win over Norview. Starting at #6, everything is up in the air. Hopewell really needs a win Friday over a 5-3 Matoaca team. In the tie for 8th, advantage goes to Colonial Heights, facing a 7-1 Thomas Jefferson team while New Kent plays winless Jamestown. Both could win Friday, and one could sit in ninth, or maybe tenth, next week depending on Petersburg and Prince George. We likely will see two RVA teams make the playoffs here, possibly three. It would take a lot of losses by Norcom and York for there to be any chance of all four making it.

CLASS 3, REGION B:

1) X-Brentsville District 24.556 (8-1, at Skyline (4-4) Friday)
2) X-Skyline 20.25 (4-4, vs Brentsville District (8-1) Friday)
3) Armstrong 19.556 (4-5, at Mechanicsville (1-7) Thursday)
4) Warren County 18.375 (4-4, vs Rock Ridge (4-4) Friday)
5) Caroline 18.125 (3-5, at James Monroe (2-6) Friday)
6) James Monroe 17.75 (2-6, vs Caroline (3-5) Friday)
7T) Culpeper 16.5 (2-6, vs Chancellor (0-8) Friday)

Goochland 16.5 (3-5, vs Orange (6-2) Friday)
---
9) Meridian 16.333 (1-8, bye week)
10) William Monroe 14.625 (1-7, vs Central-Woodstock (7-1) Friday)

ANALYSIS: Armstrong is thisclose to both the playoffs and a first round home game. But with only one game left, and with two games left for the five teams below them, nothing is officially settled. A win Thursday at Mechanicsville does the trick. The big game in this region this week isn't the battle of the top two, but Caroline/James Monroe. Should the Cavaliers win, and if Warren County falls to Rock Ridge, the Cavaliers not only would clinch a playoff bid for the first time in almost a decade, they could become the #4 seed, playing for a home playoff game, in their season finale. Goochland has a difficult strength of schedule with 6-2 Orange, then 8-0 Louisa. One win clinches the postseason. Two losses, and they could still make it, especially with Meridian only having one more game.

Posted by robwitham at 2:23 PM

CLASS 3, REGION A:

1) X-Phoebus 31.0 (8-0, at Gloucester (1-7) Friday)
2) X-Lake Taylor 28.125 (7-1, at Granby (0-7) Friday)
3) X-Lafayette 25.875 (7-1, vs Poquoson (6-2) Friday)
4) Southampton 23.75 (6-2, vs Windsor (0-9) Friday)
5) I.C. Norcom 23.667 (6-3, vs Norview (4-4) Saturday)
6) York 23.125 (6-2, vs Warhill (6-2) Friday)
7) Hopewell 22.5 (4-4, at Matoaca (5-3) Friday)
8T) New Kent 21.375 (4-4, vs Jamestown (0-8) Friday)

Colonial Heights 21.375 (4-4, vs Thomas Jefferson (7-1) Friday)
---
10) Petersburg 21.125 (4-4, at Prince George (1-7) Friday)
11) Booker T. Washington 18.0 (3-5, vs Maury (5-1) Friday
)

ANALYSIS: What a tricky region. The top three teams seem set, in some order. I.C. Norcom hopes to jump back over Southampton with a win over Norview. Starting at #6, everything is up in the air. Hopewell really needs a win Friday over a 5-3 Matoaca team. In the tie for 8th, advantage goes to Colonial Heights, facing a 7-1 Thomas Jefferson team while New Kent plays winless Jamestown. Both could win Friday, and one could sit in ninth, or maybe tenth, next week depending on Petersburg and Prince George. We likely will see two RVA teams make the playoffs here, possibly three. It would take a lot of losses by Norcom and York for there to be any chance of all four making it.

CLASS 3, REGION B:

1) X-Brentsville District 24.556 (8-1, at Skyline (4-4) Friday)
2) X-Skyline 20.25 (4-4, vs Brentsville District (8-1) Friday)
3) Armstrong 19.556 (4-5, at Mechanicsville (1-7) Thursday)
4) Warren County 18.375 (4-4, vs Rock Ridge (4-4) Friday)
5) Caroline 18.125 (3-5, at James Monroe (2-6) Friday)
6) James Monroe 17.75 (2-6, vs Caroline (3-5) Friday)
7T) Culpeper 16.5 (2-6, vs Chancellor (0-8) Friday)

Goochland 16.5 (3-5, vs Orange (6-2) Friday)
---
9) Meridian 16.333 (1-8, bye week)
10) William Monroe 14.625 (1-7, vs Central-Woodstock (7-1) Friday)

ANALYSIS: Armstrong is thisclose to both the playoffs and a first round home game. But with only one game left, and with two games left for the five teams below them, nothing is officially settled. A win Thursday at Mechanicsville does the trick. The big game in this region this week isn't the battle of the top two, but Caroline/James Monroe. Should the Cavaliers win, and if Warren County falls to Rock Ridge, the Cavaliers not only would clinch a playoff bid for the first time in almost a decade, they could become the #4 seed, playing for a home playoff game, in their season finale. Goochland has a difficult strength of schedule with 6-2 Orange, then 8-0 Louisa. One win clinches the postseason. Two losses, and they could still make it, especially with Meridian only having one more game.

Posted by robwitham at 2:23 PM
There are two huge stories this year in the Fredericksburg area.

One is Rich Serbay back on the sidelines and is now an assistant at Stafford. They started hot, but have fizzled out over the course of the season.

The second story is Caroline. What an improvement! The program was down and so many years, that it's nice to see them in the mix. And for them to have a shot at not only the playoffs, but a first round home game? That would be truly remarkable. Good for them.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Thanks, it doesn’t say but afternoon or the usual 7 pm nights? (Important for me, I return from out of country at RIC airport at 4:30pm on 11/12!!).

They have to be played by that Saturday (excluding weather of course).

Most Regional games are played on Fridays. Once you get to State games, they HAVE to be played on Saturdays unless agreed to by both teams and for certain reasons

Correct. It’s at the discretion of the host team for Regionals.
Semi-final is a VHSL game, and their rules require the game be played on a Saturday. Although, they can request/require a Friday game for extenuating circumstances. I don’t recall that ever occurring though.

I’ve see some times when the visiting team tried to demand a Regional final game be played on a Saturday, but the host held firm and said no. The visiting team called on everybody from the School Superintendant to the Executive Director of the VHSL, but the game was played when the host team decided. Needless to say, it didn’t do the future relations between the two schools any good. But it made for a pretty heated ball game.

Travel safe. Are you at liberty to share where you are headed?

Correct. It’s at the discretion of the host team for Regionals.
Semi-final is a VHSL game, and their rules require the game be played on a Saturday. Although, they can request/require a Friday game for extenuating circumstances. I don’t recall that ever occurring though.

I’ve see some times when the visiting team tried to demand a Regional final game be played on a Saturday, but the host held firm and said no. The visiting team called on everybody from the School Superintendant to the Executive Director of the VHSL, but the game was played when the host team decided. Needless to say, it didn’t do the future relations between the two schools any good. But it made for a pretty heated ball game.

It actually happened in the Spring season. Galax vs. Holston I believe was Friday night not Saturday.

But of course that was NOT a normal season

VHSL FOOTBALL REGION STANDINGS: THE FINAL WEEK​

And, just like that, we've reached the final week of the regular season in high school football. Let's take you through the seven main regions across the RVA, with a peek into two others, to let you know who is in, who has work to do, and what is at stake Thursday through Saturday in what is shaping up to be one of the best final regular season weeks ever!

X: Clinched Playoff Berth
Y: Clinched Playoff Berth AND Current Seed
Z: Clinched Playoff Berth AND Top Region Seed

CLASS 3, REGION A
:

1) Z--Phoebus 31.333 (9-0, vs Oscar Smith (9-0) Saturday)
2) X--Lake Taylor 28.444 (8-1, at J.R. Tucker (2-7) Friday)
3) X--Lafayette 27.556 (8-1, at Warhill (7-2) Friday)
4) Y--I.C. Norcom 25.4 (7-3, regular season complete)
5) Hopewell 24.444 (5-4, vs Prince George (1-8) Friday)
6) Southampton 24.333 (7-2, vs Franklin (4-5) Friday)
7) Colonial Heights 23.556 (5-4, at Petersburg (5-4) Friday)
8) York 23.111 (6-3, vs Bruton (5-4) Friday)
--
9) New Kent 22.222 (5-4, vs Smithfield (2-7) Friday)
10) Petersburg 22.0 (5-4, vs Colonial Heights (5-4) Friday)

ANALYSIS: The Phantoms have locked up home field in this region. Lafayette must beat Warhill and get wins from York and King William to have a shot at overtaking Lake Taylor. The chances aren't great. I.C.Norcom is locked into the #4 seed, and may have a rematch with Hopewell in the first round. The Blue Devils must beat Prince George, while Southampton, with a win over Franklin and wins by Lakeland or Amelia, or wins by both Poquoson and Colonial Heights, could grab the #5 seed away. Petersburg cannot catch Hopewell, and New Kent cannot catch anyone should all five of six teams fighting for the last four seeds win (Colonial Heights and Petersburg face each other in their biggest game in years, one that is very close to being a "win and you are in" scenario, but not mathematically).

CLASS 3, REGION B:

1) Z--Brentsville District 25.3 (9-1, regular season complete)
2) X--Skyline 20.444 (4-5, at Warren County (5-4) Friday)
3) X--Warren County 19.889 (5-4, vs Skyline (4-5) Friday)
4) X--Caroline 19.222 (4-5, vs Spotsylvania (4-5) Friday)
5) X--Armstrong 19.1 (4-6, regular season complete)
6) James Monroe 17.889 (2-7, at Chancellor (0-9) Friday)
7) Culpeper County 17.556 (3-6, at King George (8-0) Tuesday)
8) Goochland 17.0 (3-6, at Louisa (9-0) Friday)
--
9) Meridian 16.889 (1-8, vs William Monroe (1-8) Friday)

ANALYSIS: Brentsville awaits up to three home games in their quest for the Class 3 State Semifinals. It's a huge week for upstart Caroline, who are in the playoffs for the first time since 2013 and only the second time in fifteen years. Should the Cavaliers best Spotsylvania, they would likely move up to the third seed, as the two teams ahead of them battle each other. Armstrong is also in the playoffs, and despite having a bye week, could move up to #4 should Spotsylvania win. The final three seeds are up for grabs, with the first domino falling Tuesday night when Culpeper wraps their regular season against unbeaten King George. Goochland will be a heavy underdog at powerhouse Louisa Friday, and may need a William Monroe win over Meridian to get at least another week on the field during what's been a disappointing season for the Bulldogs.

CLASS 3, REGION C: 1) Liberty Christian 31.111, 2) Heritage (Lynchburg) 27.778, 3) Brookville 24.889, 4) Staunton 23.556

CLASS 3, REGION D: 1) Lord Botetourt 28.222, 2) Bassett 25.111, 3) Magna Vista 24.778, 4) Christiansburg 24.111

Posted by robwitham at 6:21 PM

My guessing has the high probability that Hopewell keeps the # 5 seed. Prince George is only 1-8 but a class 5 team while Franklin is 4-5 is only a class 1 team. That favors Hopewell.

RVA Sports Network @TheRVASportsNet
·
Fgbgy6yWYAMOkh9

ALERT: This Friday, two Playoff Projection Shows!

RADIO: #RVASportsNetworkScoreboard Show after
@glenallenfb and @DSFfootball, 101.3 FM, our website

FACEBOOK LIVE: Special start time of 10:45PM, with all the bracket reviews that are set! LINK:
https://facebook.com/events/720342668954640/?ref=newsfeed

My guessing has the high probability that Hopewell keeps the # 5 seed. Prince George is only 1-8 but a class 5 team while Franklin is 4-5 is only a class 1 team. That favors Hopewell.
It actually favors Southampton. This to me is the flaw in the system. If Hopewell beats a D5 PG they get 24 +2 rider points (26 total). If Southampton beats a 4 win 1A Franklin they get 16 +8+4 (2 division lower bonus) for a total of 28. Doesn’t make any sense.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
It actually favors Southampton. This to me is the flaw in the system. If Hopewell beats a D5 PG they get 24 +2 rider points (26 total). If Southampton beats a 4 win 1A Franklin they get 16 +8+4 (2 division lower bonus) for a total of 28. Doesn’t make any sense.
That sure is a flaw . It’s that 2 points for any class win by a defeated opponent. That should be changed. I can see the lower division bonus but not a win by class 1 and a win by a class 6 are both good for 2 points for a defeated opponent.
In that case you can be a class 3, play all class 1 teams and in effect you get credit as if playing all class 3 teams and equal credit for defeated opponents wins.

@Lafayette, that's the exact point I was trying to make earlier. Look at Southamptons schedule. Loaded with 1's and 2's. They beat Franklin a 1 tonight 50-0. I get Petersburg OOD teams struggled but with the exception of Phoebus, LT, and Lafayette not one other team in Region 3 A could handle Petersburg, Hopewell or Colonial Heights District slate. Let's compare Southampton and Petersburg's last 3 games. Southampton: Surry, Windsor (forfeit), and Franklin. All class 1 teams. Petersburg: Matoaca class 4 playoff team, Dinwiddie undefeated class 4 team, and Thomas Dale undefeated class 6 team. Dang, that's fair play huh VHSL? Yes, the VHSL sets the districts not the schools. The only team they can legally avoid playing without punishment is Thomas Dale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafayette
Looks like hopewell will either play Lafayette or ic norcom for them I didn't think it matters witch one it's going to be on the road depending on 5th or 6th seed.

Looks like hopewell will either play Lafayette or ic norcom for them I didn't think it matters witch one it's going to be on the road depending on 5th or 6th seed.
They may prefer Norcom having already played them and thus familiar with personnel and plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT