ADVERTISEMENT

4A Boys Hoops Top Ten - #8 Jamestown

Is Jamestown really this good? I really don't know much about them. I know they went something like 16-5 last year, but are they a serious threat in 4A?

Is Jamestown really this good? I really don't know much about them. I know they went something like 16-5 last year, but are they a serious threat in 4A?
Yes, a legit threat. They performed very well in the off-season, beating the likes of Norcom and Oscar Smith as well as Lake Taylor in the Hampton Roads Fall League, plus made the semifinals of the Virginia Wesleyan Team Camp before falling to Granby (#7 in 6A).

Donovan Bridgeforth did a nice job in year one and he's got some key components back. Now, they do play in a very tricky conference - Ironclad Conference 18 - where only two go to regionals with in my opinion 4 capable of doing damage in Smithfield, Heritage, Grafton (in spite of its unexpected season-opening loss to Poquoson) and Jamestown.

Plus, navigating the East bracket with defending Champ Monacan, Lake Taylor and Eastern View won't be easy.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I agree the east is stacked as always. I do have a feeling Grafton is going to have a bit of a down year but all those other teams are going to be tough to get past. Thanks for the input!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT