ADVERTISEMENT

4B-D Football Race

I agree with you. I’ve watched every game but 1 in person from ‘86-‘01 then marriage happened. So now only a few each year but skill wise across the board this is the fastest Salem team.
PH next week will be the best indicator as to how much the o-line has improved since Martinsburg. If they struggle region final may be as far as they go. If they look more like a typical Salem o-line then it’s no reason for them to not be playing for a title.
Football is also about how teams match up with each others style of play.

Fleming squeaked by Staunton River while Franklin County and LB play tomorrow. Fleming finishes the season against Byrd while FC has Northside and Martinsburg faces a terrible Bishop Ireton so Salem should pick up three to five rider points in total but I'd imagine no worse than three.

Courtland couldn't manage to overcome EV and almost certainly won't beat KG. Huguenot should pick up a win finally against poor GW. Ponax likely won't beat Colonial Forge. Louisa is likely looking at one rider point barring some upsets.

From this it seems like Glass controls their destiny, Salem is #1 with a win and a Glass loss, and Louisa needs to win and have both Glass and Salem lose.

No one has said or insinuated otherwise. All that's been said is Salem is not scared of playing anyone, home or away.

Where did I state that someone said or insinuated opposite of what I said ? My comment pertains to personnel and scheme in my analysis/conclusion Louisa will give Salem some problems if they matchup. I didn’t say anything about the location, who’s afraid of who, or anything about the programs/teams. I made an observation and based on film, live games, and the level of competition in the central/western/southwest region and who Salem has played. Louisa hasn’t played a daunting schedule or many good teams (that’s why they are undefeated and won’t get the one seed) but they have the right pieces and makeup of a team to cause problems versus Salem. Take it how you want

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT