ADVERTISEMENT

4B Point Ratings

m-squared

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 20, 2002
Here are the 4B point ratings from the VHSL page - top 8 and next 2 (9 and 10).

King George 31.55556
Varina 30.00000
Hugenot 27.75000
Dinwiddie 26.77778
Eastern View 26.55556
Powhatan 25.88889
Courtland 25.44444
Hanover 25.11111
-------
Patrick Henry (Ash) 22.11111
Atlee 21.44444

Is there any chance of the order changing after the games this week?

Hugenot has only played 8 games (everyone else has played 9). Will they play 10 or just 9? That's why they have fewer points than Dinwiddie and Eastern View but a better point rating - they points are divided by 8 not 9 like the others. This is why they divide by the number of points. The point ratings are the VHSL's way of taking into account strength of schedule and you can't really do that if you just look at the number of points since there are several reasons why a team may not play 10 games.

If Courtland beats Eastern View, which is a possibility in my opinion, would that impact anything? Courtland has only lost 2 games - one to King George (and it was close and they led some of the game). I forget who the other loss was to - maybe Louisa? They have the ability to control the ball and limit the offensive possessions. They did that against King George. They had the ball first and held it for over 10 minutes and scored a TD. KGs first possession of the game started with about 1 minute and 30 seconds left in the first quarter. That gives them a chance.

Have a good one!

If everybody wins the top four will stay the same. A loss by Dinwiddie or Huguenot would jumble things up. Even with a loss Varina is pretty safe in second. Dinwiddie can't move up unless Huguenot falters. The last four could become a mess as well. I don't think anybody in the eight will be replaced, but there can be some movement.

My guess would be:

KG vs. Hanover
Varina vs. Courtland
Huguenot (must win) vs. Powhatan
Dinwiddie vs. EV

This week's games:

Hanover vs Highland Springs
Varina vs. PH-Ashland
Huguenot vs. Monacan
Dinwiddie vs. Matoaca
Courtland vs. EV
Powhatan vs. RSA

Last edited:
Yes, Huguenot is only playing 9 games.

I think Courtland has a good chance of beating EV. But, Bleeding Navy reminds me that EV has a linebacker that can single handily change the outcome of a game. Of all the games of the current top four in Region B this week, Courtland/EV is the most likely to go either way.

Monacan would have to play their best game of the season to beat Huguenot, but it’s not out of the realm of possibilities. If anybody can pull a rabbit out of their hat, it’s Coach Jim Henderson. Simply because he can be so unpredictable and is not afraid to try something unorthodox.

Patrick Henry has to go to Varina. I haven’t done the math, but I don’t think PH has any chance of making the playoffs regardless of what Hanover does, (and Hanover has the Springers). So, I don’t know how hard PH will play if their only motivation is pride. And even then, Varina would have to have a bad game to help PH out.

Lets face it, if KG was to lose to Chancellor, it would be the biggest upset of the season.

Now, what about Dinwiddie/Matoaca? I like what I’ve seen from Dinwiddie the last two games, but Prince George and Meadowbrook are not an ideal measuring stick. Matoaca can pass and Dinwiddie can run the ball. It could come down to who has the ball last.

You know, this is a pretty exciting last week of the season.

I would love for Coach Henderson to go deep in his bag of tricks and pull out a miracle too. Sorry @DinwiddieProud this Monacan team may be the least talented group of his career and I just don't see any rabbits coming out of the hat.

I agree with you on the Courtland/EV game only because the speed, talent and physicality of these two teams are equitable. I think Dinwiddie has to play a superb game to win. Matoaca can surely throw the rock and Dinwiddie will need to pressure their QB on every play. I guess the key is can the Warriors stop the pounding running game of Dinwiddie. Those big boys from Matoaca will have their tongues on the ground by halftime if they don't. Special teams could be a huge factor in this game.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I would love for Coach Henderson to go deep in his bag of tricks and pull out a miracle too. Sorry @DinwiddieProud this Monacan team may be the least talented group of his career and I just don't see any rabbits coming out of the hat.

I agree with you on the Courtland/EV game only because the speed, talent and physicality of these two teams are equitable. I think Dinwiddie has to play a superb game to win. Matoaca can surely throw the rock and Dinwiddie will need to pressure their QB on every play. I guess the key is can the Warriors stop the pounding running game of Dinwiddie. Those big boys from Matoaca will have their tongues on the ground by halftime if they don't. Special teams could be a huge factor in this game.
What do we know about the Matoaca special teams? Especially their KO coverage?

They kicked a 43 yard FG lol ast week. Based on that I am sure his kickoffs go in the end zone.

They kicked a 43 yard FG lol ast week. Based on that I am sure his kickoffs go in the end zone.
If he isn’t that long, I like our chances of getting good field position on KO’s. Especially if they put Johnson back there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT