ADVERTISEMENT

4B Power Points Following 9/8/17

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Some of you asked for it, so here's what I got:
PS I better get a lot of likes cause this took up some of my homework time!

1. Hugeunot 2-1 74pts = 24.6
2. Patrick Henry (Asland) 2-0 48pts = 24
3. Eastern View 3-0 70pts = 23.3
3. Dinwiddie 3-0 70pts = 23.3
3. Monacan 3-0 70pts = 23.3
6. Louisa 3-0 66pts = 22
7. Midlothian 1-2 49pts = 16.3
8. Caroline 1-2 48pts = 16

9. King George 0-3 42pts = 14
10. Courtland 0-3 41pts = 13.6
10. Chancellor 0-3 41pts = 13.6
12. Hanover 0-2 27pts 13.5
13. Powhatan 0-2 22pts = 11

Below is the power point key I made:

Win

6A-26

5A-24

4A-22

3A-20

2A-18

1A-16

Loss

6A-14

5A-12

4A-10

3A-8

2A-6

1A-4

2 points for each win opponent you beat has

1 point for each win opponent you lost to has

2 points per classification you play down

Last edited:
Its amazing how much the playoff system has changed since I coached last. So quick question, in 4A how many teams make the playoff in each region? 6 or 8? Any info about playoff seedings or format would be much appreciated.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Its amazing how much the playoff system has changed since I coached last. So quick question, in 4A how many teams make the playoff in each region? 6 or 8? Any info about playoff seedings or format would be much appreciated.

Region D sends 8, Region B sends 6. I'm not sure how many Regions A and C send, but I believe one is 8 and one is 6 as well. Then the Regions play out their brackets. For example, say this is the top 6 for Region B come playoff time:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Eastern View
3. Louisa County
4. Monacan
5. Patrick Henry
6. Hugeunot

Then those six teams will play in a bracket. (1) Dinwiddie will play the winner of (4) Monacan and (5) Patrick Henry, and (2) Eastern View will play the winner of (3) Louisa County and (6) Hugeunot. Then those winners play, and just for examples sake, say the final in Region B is Dinwiddie vs Eastern View, and say Dinwiddie wins. So the Region B champion is Dinwiddie. Say the winner of Region A is Lake Taylor, C is Sherando, and D is Salem. So Dinwiddie (Region B Champion) would play @ Lake Taylor (Region A Champion) and then Salem (Region D Champ) would play @ Sherando (Region C Champ). Then the winners of those games play for the state championship.

What is the reason for different regions sending different amounts of teams? I'm looking at the power points right now and thinking that a very good Louisa team could go 8-2 and miss the playoffs due to the fact that they played three bad teams during their non-district schedule. The sad part of that is they didn't schedule 3 patsy's, just happen to have all 3 of Courtland, Chancellor, and King George have a down year at the same time. With the Jefferson being as deep this year as I remember with really only Fluvanna and Powhatan as throw away games, each game in the district will carry added weight this year. Should be a fun year in Central Virginia.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Region D sends 8, Region B sends 6. I'm not sure how many Regions A and C send, but I believe one is 8 and one is 6 as well. Then the Regions play out their brackets. For example, say this is the top 6 for Region B come playoff time:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Eastern View
3. Louisa County
4. Monacan
5. Patrick Henry
6. Hugeunot

Then those six teams will play in a bracket. (1) Dinwiddie will play the winner of (4) Monacan and (5) Patrick Henry, and (2) Eastern View will play the winner of (3) Louisa County and (6) Hugeunot. Then those winners play, and just for examples sake, say the final in Region B is Dinwiddie vs Eastern View, and say Dinwiddie wins. So the Region B champion is Dinwiddie. Say the winner of Region A is Lake Taylor, C is Sherando, and D is Salem. So Dinwiddie (Region B Champion) would play @ Lake Taylor (Region A Champion) and then Salem (Region D Champ) would play @ Sherando (Region C Champ). Then the winners of those games play for the state championship.

Your comments confused me a bit anout region b. Just confirmed with our (Dinwiddie) AD. Region B will have eight teams in the playoffs. Check with the Louisa AD, sorry I meant Charlottesville AD and confirm if you can. Thanks.

Couple Courtland being down with a killer schedule (combined opponent record of 9-0 with a rested Eastern View in Week 5) and Louisa isn't looking at many rider points. Looking at the schedules I think Louisa is the only team that played 3 opponents from the same district. Nobody else (I think) played more than two. Doesn't this hurt them? In the 3 weeks they play each other you can only have 6 wins (minimum 3). I guess that's the trade off, they'll at least get some wins but I think you are hamstringing yourself, personally.

Gtide, the VHSL leaves it up to the individual regions to produce one team, by any method they so desire, to play in the state semi-final.

Heck, if they wanted to just pick a team, the VHSL doesn't care. They just want a team for their state semi-final. It's as simple as that.

Your comments confused me a bit anout region b. Just confirmed with our (Dinwiddie) AD. Region B will have eight teams in the playoffs. Check with the Louisa AD, sorry I meant Charlottesville AD and confirm if you can. Thanks.

Looks like you're right! I don't know where I saw 6...my bad!

Hey BKPride have you seen any video of Louisa other than highlights. I believe they are the real deal. Whats your opinion and why!

I have not seen Louisa play this year, and I have not seen any film other than highlights. That being said, I may be wrong about a lot of things. I firmly believe that Louisa is better than last year, and Louisa could've gone further IMO if they hadn't gotten injured. Whalen and Bell are ready to revenge last year as seniors. If Bell can stay healthy, that'll be a big factor. Brandon Smith is a force, and Louisa just has so many weapons. I would say, if they can stay healthy, and not have old ghosts haunt them (injuries, and Western Albemarle) then I think they go 10-0 and earn a top 3 seed in the region. As of right now, I would say that Louisa beats anyone in the Region save Dinwiddie (yes, that includes Eastern View and Monacan), but they have yet to play a team that has won a game yet. I think a lot will be revealed when they play Western, and even more when Cville plays them. Once that happens, then I can re-asses on the Lions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT