ADVERTISEMENT

(5)Patrick Henry (A) 6-4 @ (4)Eastern View 10-0

PH @ EV

• Eastern View

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
I have no dog in this fight but I will tell all of region B this. EV is much better than they are getting any credit for. All teams in the region should be on alert. Probably the best team they have had.

Well let's see. A quick look tells you they beat one team with a winning record, lost to 3-7 Atlee, and it took them more than a half to put Caroline away....regardless of who wasn't starting for them. Why would you think they are the toughest team EV has played this year? I'm guessing PH would have a tough time against Courtland, JM, or Orange

Reactions: 7time and OCBoy
Well let's see. A quick look tells you they beat one team with a winning record, lost to 3-7 Atlee, and it took them more than a half to put Caroline away....regardless of who wasn't starting for them. Why would you think they are the toughest team EV has played this year? I'm guessing PH would have a tough time against Courtland, JM, or Orange

You had me agreeing with you for a second there. And I do think EV will dust of PHA. But they are much better than Courtland and Orange and those guys. You have to remember these teams in Richmond are playing in the Capital district with Varina, Highland Springs, Lee Davis, Henrico, and many and a few of them play Hermitage as well. That is 4-5 guaranteed losses for a team like that.

PHA may have ran the table in the battlefield district (minus EV).

Guys lets not get it twisted in any way shape or form.... EV has not played one quality team... PERIOD. A quality team is one that would have had 5 wins in a Richmond district.

Doesn't mean that they are not good. They may win region B and the whole thing. I have seen them on film and I thought they were a very very good team. Super explosive and players all over the field. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Forget about what happened first 10 weeks... everybody needs to win 5 in a row and only one team can.

You had me agreeing with you for a second there. And I do think EV will dust of PHA. But they are much better than Courtland and Orange and those guys. You have to remember these teams in Richmond are playing in the Capital district with Varina, Highland Springs, Lee Davis, Henrico, and many and a few of them play Hermitage as well. That is 4-5 guaranteed losses for a team like that.

PHA may have ran the table in the battlefield district (minus EV).

Guys lets not get it twisted in any way shape or form.... EV has not played one quality team... PERIOD. A quality team is one that would have had 5 wins in a Richmond district.

Doesn't mean that they are not good. They may win region B and the whole thing. I have seen them on film and I thought they were a very very good team. Super explosive and players all over the field. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Forget about what happened first 10 weeks... everybody needs to win 5 in a row and only one team can.
Not saying they're bad per se....just don't think it will be close in the 4th qtr. IMO, their best game was their loss to Highland Springs. Saying they would've beaten all others in the Battlefield is very doubtful to me. Again, I don't care if their QB didn't play, to take that long to put away Caroline says a lot to me. We shall see

Reactions: 7time and mbonape1
Not saying they're bad per se....just don't think it will be close in the 4th qtr. IMO, their best game was their loss to Highland Springs. Saying they would've beaten all others in the Battlefield is very doubtful to me. Again, I don't care if their QB didn't play, to take that long to put away Caroline says a lot to me. We shall see

Well I agree EV will win so we are like Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe just debating the ancillaries lol... Good luck on Friday!

Reactions: gwb16
I am glad to hear EV will get challenged in this first round. I think this will be the first "star" QB we have faced, so that will be a good test. He seems small, gritty, with the right amount of attitude. Plays LB too? I don't make predictions typically but playing those 2 positions against our O line and D line all game long.. the prediction I will make is he will be very sore on Saturday morning.

Reactions: OCBoy
I am glad to hear EV will get challenged in this first round. I think this will be the first "star" QB we have faced, so that will be a good test. He seems small, gritty, with the right amount of attitude. Plays LB too? I don't make predictions typically but playing those 2 positions against our O line and D line all game long.. the prediction I will make is he will be very sore on Saturday morning.
Have you seen film on this QB? Is he as good as the kid from Chancellor last year? He was probably the most dangerous QB that EV has faced over the last 2 years, right?

Reactions: OCBoy
If PH can hang around late into 3rd quarter then I would say it is anyone's game, just because its uncharted waters for this EV team to have to play a complete game. Even so I guarantee EV is conditioned for a complete game so I highly doubt this will happen but the only chance I see PH of winning

If PH can hang around late into 3rd quarter then I would say it is anyone's game, just because its uncharted waters for this EV team to have to play a complete game. Even so I guarantee EV is conditioned for a complete game so I highly doubt this will happen but the only chance I see PH of winning
True....but it's not like these guys are all freshmen. All of them (except for the QB for EV) had lots of 2nd half pressure on them last year, so hopefully their memories aren't too bad. It will be interesting to see the play of the QB for EV. This will be his first playoff experience. I actually think he will be the difference maker between this year and last year from an offensive standpoint. He gives EV a lot more dangerous options than last year.

Have you seen any film on PH? Anything you know about them?
Highland Springs Played PH. I saw them.
They have a dangerous team in this field! They played HS tough in the 1st half until their qb was injured. HS pulled away in the 2nd half.
Their qb is very good! Their back up qb was decent. They are both big and strong and run the ball with authority! Not bad passers too.
Strong run with a decent mix with pass too. With us, they could not contain our qb. He picked them apart throwing 347 yds and 4 tds.
Don't sleep on ph. Dangerous. They took tough Henrico to OT and lost by 1 pt.

Last edited:
EV should win this game and could do so in easy fashion; however, PH-Ashland has some weapons that will challenge the Cyclones defense. In the grand scheme of things I just can't see the defense of PH withstanding the pressure of EV's balanced offensive attack all game long. The Patriots have physical players, but have given up a ton of points to teams similar to EV who can mix it up.

Rivalry game or not ,I was pleasantly surprised the PH defense held up to the size advantage and pounding style Lee Davis generally employs. Hart, the PH quarterback (#16) is a physical runner and throws the ball fairly well. He is not flashy and will attempt to impose his physical presence on would be tacklers. Their backup Sikkar (#14) is shown in a lot of video, so don't be misled. The key for the PH offense is will Hart have to do it all or can he get his supporting cast involved. Oxendine and Coles are sound players.

PH has played several teams as good as or better than EV, but they have yet to win one of those games. Which PH team shows up Friday? Selfishly, I hope its the good one, because I desire this game to be hard fought no matter the outcome. Good luck to both teams.

Seen some PH film which it’s still hard to gauge them as far as speed and size. The only thing you truly get is scheme. Having said that, and I truly believe this, that this is the best EV team I have seen. Not because they are particularly great at one thing but they play all three facets really well.

On offense they are very well balanced. If you load the box. Then they will get you with the screen and passing game. If you play back you are going to get a heavy dose of runs. The QB is somewhat untested but he can spin it very well. And his speed is above average if he tucks it.

The defense plays hard and the secondary is their strong point IMO.

The special teams is all D’ago Hunter. If you kick to him, you will pay the price.

Having said all of this, good teams often have a phase or part of their game not show up time to time. I don’t foresee everything not showing up for EV for this game as I believe, by film, EV is better at all three phases.

Obviously this will the toughest test EV has had this year but all of them were there know the pain of that loss last year in Williamsburg and I’m sure Coach Hatfield will remind his boys of that pain this week.

It’s the playoffs! Game on....

Reactions: 86CulpGrad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT