ADVERTISEMENT

5A North: Are Massaponax & Mountain View contenders?

WP02alum

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 22, 2009
Are these two teams real threats to Broad Run & Tuscarora in 5A North? Who has seen them play? I know MV has some sort of sensational QB & Ludden always has Massaponax in good shape, especially now with a ton of talent. Anyone with an educated guess on how these top 4 should rank out?

Rod says:
1: Tuscarora
2. Massaponax
3. Broad Run
4. Mountain View

Other thoughts?

I reserve the right to change my mind on a weekly basis.

To me, Tuscarora is a bit separated from the pack right now because of who they've beat...Briar Woods, Loudoun County, Hayfield, Oakton, Centreville and Herndon.

There is an eyelash between Massaponax and Broad Run with the slight lean going to the Panthers for having a bit more postseason experience on their roster.

Mountain View has been fantastic but the back end of their schedule will test them much more than the front.

Do not eliminate Stone Bridge in your mind just yet.

Additionally, there may not be a more dangerous regional than a 5A North group that will also include Atlee, Brooke Point, North Stafford, Briar Woods and Potomac Falls.

That's 10 of your top 16 right there which puts a premium on winning during the regular season in order to get a top 4-5 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT