ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial heights lost their first game to new Kent 21 - 14 they have some talent but they play in the the tough central district. Not sure on individual players.

Reactions: 7MileFord
I love this random matchup! Good for fans and players to see another part of the state as well. These types of road trips happen all the time in other states and I think should happen more often in Virginia (along with everyone playing everyone else in their own district of course).

Reactions: 7MileFord
Wow! Tazewell also comes to Riverheads in a couple of weeks, which is probably about 200 miles one way, so they must have a heck of a travel budget!!!

Tazewell had a game scheduled vs. Mount View (WV) which would’ve only been 35 mile trip. Around the first of the year Mount View decided to pick up a different game which left Tazewell without a game in week 3.

Since this is the second year of the 2 year contract cycle for most teams there wasn’t many teams looking for a game. The 3 finalists they chose from was Bourbon County, KY, Keyser, WV, & Colonial Heights.

I guess Park View’s program folded? Is that why Colonial needed a game?

I think it’s a neat matchup. The kids are pretty excited about the trip. Getting to ride a charter bus & stay over night in a hotel is a highlight that kids on our end of the state don’t get to do very often in their high school careers. I’m excited to see a team outside of our area to see how the fan support compares to what we have here in SWVA.

To answer the other question - it is a VERY expensive regular season trip. We’re not rich whatsoever, but we have a great community full of generous businesses and individuals that always come together to donate money, food & supplies to make sure all our kids are taken care of.

Colonial looks like they have a lot of athletes on the field per Hudl. I’m excited to see how our guys will match up with theirs! Only thing I’m not excited for is to pay $9 per ticket. It’s only $6 back home lol

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Since these two teams will have no history and no familiarity with one another, the game might come down to which coaching staff makes the best in-game adjustments. I hope someone will keep us posted on this one, since it will be such an interesting match-up.

Reactions: eh31
Awesome that the fine folks in Tazewell were willing to make this happen for their kids! Only been to Tazewell one time for a game, but it was 86 when they had a state championship team. I hope the Bulldog faithful travel well and have a safe trip.

Colonial heights is the center of the tri cities with South Park mall and 100 restaurants in the town lol 🤣 so from steakhouses hamburger places Chick-fil-A and many many more just Google and pick one everything is within a 1.5 Mi radius

Any great places to eat in or around Colonial Heights?
Best spot in the area to eat at is Longstreet’s Deli which is in Old Town Petersburg. Best club sandwich, sweet tea and homemade chips. I kid you not, you’ll get your money’s worth. Not even a 5 minute drive from the stadium Colonial Heights plays at.

What happened to their QB ?
Got hurt in the first game of the season. Shoulder injury. He tried to play against Graham. Hearing that he will be out at least another 2 or 3 weeks. I believe it is a minor tear in his shoulder (not 100% sure - but that's what I was told).

Reactions: oldfool2
Has CH ever had any good glory years? Appo played them twice back around 2017 and 18 and we tore them up.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Has CH ever had any good glory years? Appo played them twice back around 2017 and 18 and we tore them up.
Back in the 60’s and a few years in the 70’s. But other than a couple of years here and there when they were “ better”, the answer is no.

We all have to remember that districts exist mainly to facilitate scheduling these days. And we also must remember that football scheduling is only one of the multitude of activities that must be scheduled each school year.

Having said that, it sets up CH football to have to face their fellow Central District opponents on Friday nights. With six district games, it all but guarantees that CH will lose 5, if not all 6 of these games each season. (CH opted out of playing Thomas Dale in football).

Its not that they are that bad of a program, it’s simply that they are over matched. CH is a Class 3 school, but the only other Class 3 schools in the Central District are pretty darn good football programs. Hopewell and Petersburg. They also face Dinwiddie, Matoaca, Prince George, and Meadowbrook. All much larger schools.

Each year they usually catch one of these larger schools that is having a down year sleeping, and can gain a win. But honestly, that is their only hope of winning a district game. Their playoff hopes each year hinge on winning their non district games.

What happened to their QB ?
Shoulder injury against VA High I believe & then they played him against Graham, a mistake in my opinion. He was obviously not 100%. He took some hits in that game. He’ll be out 2-3 weeks I heard minimum. He risks surgery if he doesn’t let it heal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT