ADVERTISEMENT

Altavista vs. Central Lunenburg thoughts?

Mar 9, 2015
I know they say it is hard to beat a team twice in the same season but i think the way Altavista is playing right now i think they can win again.

should be a good game. Good luck to both teams. I feel like this will be one of those battles that you hope for in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Atown got this !! It will set up the big matchup between them & Sussex thanksgiving week !!

I just want the winner to come out healthy so they can take down Sussex the next week!

You can combine both teams together and they still won't beat Sussex don't kid yourself Sussex is the real deal. Dtayl6 is humble wit it but im going give it to you striate no chaser there defense will them nightmares

Shouldnt you spell straight correctly if you really want to give it to him straight? Lol. I'm sorry i couldn't resist.

Definitely don't think Sussex is unbeatable. A two point win over Brunswick and only putting up 14 on Franklin. Both teams that Altavista and Lunenburg are better than. Sussex really misses Amari Hill a lot.

Reactions: Dtayl6
I'm telling you...you guys dont have to worry about Sussex. I dont know what woodlayer is referring to.

I'm telling you...you guys dont have to worry about Sussex. I dont know what woodlayer is referring to.

does anyone know why it duplicates messages at times?

Anyway...we do miss Amari...special kid...we still are going to bring it trust me. But I just respect the 2 teams in our bracket we have to get by...hopefully lunenburg and altavista beat up on each other and we can squeeze by.

Definitely is a glitch going on. It's been doing duplicates for like a week now. Almost every post i do i have to go back and delete one of them

does anyone know why it duplicates messages at times?

Anyway...we do miss Amari...special kid...we still are going to bring it trust me. But I just respect the 2 teams in our bracket we have to get by...hopefully lunenburg and altavista beat up on each other and we can squeeze by.
yeah you have respect every team in the playoffs but Sussex is playing some good ball at the right to lose your best player offensively and still roll to 10-0 that means you have depth but the defense turned it up a notch

Not knowing who they played . Have they beat or played anybody that's any good or has a shot to win state in other classifications ? All three losses Atown has is to 3a Rustburg there #1 seed Appomattox there #1 2a & Dan river combined record 30-3

Reactions: Delantie
Not knowing who they played . Have they beat or played anybody that's any good or has a shot to win state in other classifications ? All three losses Atown has is to 3a Rustburg there #1 seed Appomattox there #1 2a & Dan river combined record 30-3
Thank you finally somebody understands

Reactions: HokieTDTech
You can combine both teams together and they still won't beat Sussex don't kid yourself Sussex is the real deal. Dtayl6 is humble wit it but im going give it to you striate no chaser there defense will them nightmares
Im not sure that Sussex has enough offense to win the whole thing this year. That was my only concern when assembling my bracket in the challenge. Their defense is nasty though and sometimes thats all it takes. Before I get beat up, Im not saying their offense is bad, just not as good as the other top teams in 1A.

Thank you finally somebody understands
No disrespect intended to central and luray, but I was VERY close to having Altavista upset Sussex in round 3 in my bracket..I actually changed that pick last minute back to Sussex as I had the upset in there. I saw it as a toss up, simply because Atown is playing so well

Im not sure that Sussex has enough offense to win the whole thing this year. That was my only concern when assembling my bracket in the challenge. Their defense is nasty though and sometimes thats all it takes. Before I get beat up, Im not saying their offense is bad, just not as good as the other top teams in 1A.

Offense wins games defense wins championships. you don't have to score a lot of point if your opponent cant get across mid field Sussex shut down some good offensive teams this year in 1A,2A,& 3A park view can pass with the best of them and Southampton can run with anybody Sussex clamp down on them and these weren't just any 3A schools they were a 2 & 5 seed in this year 3A playoffs good offensive teams I pray Luray, AltaVista, or Lunenburg has good O lineman if not they wont make it out the backfield and I hope they can take a hit because they about to feel something they aint never felt before. real talk

Shouldnt you spell straight correctly if you really want to give it to him straight? Lol. I'm sorry i couldn't resist.

Definitely don't think Sussex is unbeatable. A two point win over Brunswick and only putting up 14 on Franklin. Both teams that Altavista and Lunenburg are better than. Sussex really misses Amari Hill a lot.

If you came to the franklin game you would have seen why they only put up 14 points franklin was an up and down team this year if you caught them at their best you were in for a dog fight and that night franklin brought the house every play I know you guys sit up here and see franklin lost to CC and thank that franklin is a bad team they just did bring it and took there foot off the gas and CC never gave up and for the record franklin always play Sussex tough and Sussex beat Brunswick by 30 points

I'm not sure what year Sussex beat Brunswick by 30 points but this year they only beat them 18-16. The same Brunswick team that just lost by 2 to an average Buffalo Gap team on Friday

And for the record I think Sussex is a very solid team and one that I have great respect for and am friends with one of their biggest fans. I just hate when people get on these boards and talk about how a team is unbeatable when they haven't even seen any other team play outside of their own district or their little neck of the woods. Yes Park View was a #2 seed. They also got beat pretty handidly by a #7 seed on Friday and Southampton obviously couldn't run on anybody because they were shutout on Friday night. Lol

Listen Sussex fans and coaches definitely dont feel unbeatable. We are hoping to get by Luray. And hopefully Lunenburg and Altavista will beat each other up before they make that trip down route 40. We need every chance we can get...Amari Hill made Sussex Central a different type of team. Its sad that he got hurt on such a dirty play.

I know you don't Dtay. It's this guy who is a Franklin fan who constantly tries to stir stuff up who says stuff that irks me. Lol. I have much respect for Sussex, it's program and fans and yes it is sad when any young man goes down with an injury. Hopefully Hill makes a full recovery and comes back and has a strong senior season.

Listen Sussex fans and coaches definitely dont feel unbeatable. We are hoping to get by Luray. And hopefully Lunenburg and Altavista will beat each other up before they make that trip down route 40. We need every chance we can get...Amari Hill made Sussex Central a different type of team. Its sad that he got hurt on such a dirty play.
Is he out for the season and what position did he play

I respect your opinion/comments but you don't go 10-0 without being at least an Good team. They may not be GREAT or unbeatable but don't take credit from them either. I think that it's widely known that with Amari Hill Sussex would be a legit title CONTENDER! But don't it twisted they still will compete at a high level! They just are beatable week in and week out so the players and coaches have to prepare and execute for an entire game.

Reactions: Dtayl6
I respect your opinion/comments but you don't go 10-0 without being at least an Good team. They may not be GREAT or unbeatable but don't take credit from them either. I think that it's widely known that with Amari Hill Sussex would be a legit title CONTENDER! But don't it twisted they still will compete at a high level! They just are beatable week in and week out so the players and coaches have to prepare and execute for an entire game.
Tiger...nation no no no we arent good anymore...we are just waiting to be beat. We play better as underdogs. I want every team that plays Sussex overly confident.

Is he out for the season and what position did he play
yes he is mostly likely done for the year...he mostly got water and caught the ball from the ref between possessions...absolute non-fac-tor. Except when he played right tackle and guard simultaneously.

Last edited:
I read that 2 key players from Central missed the first game with Altavista. Anyone know who they were?

Hill was a wr/rb, de/lbtore acl. Probably a 1a player of the year type kid. They will have a hard time winning a championship without him

Last edited:
I have a very strong feeling that Mr. Hill will be on the field come Friday night or at least by next week.

Last edited:
rustburg nor dan river will win the title in there classifications Appomattox should win though.

You got to admit That's some pretty good teams they lost three teams with a combined 30-3 record !! Like I said nobody has showed me where Sussex has played anybody .

Appomattox is definitely the favorite in 2A but Dan River only lost to them by 2 and Rustburg is the #1 seed in 3A and is one of the favorites. Only losses were to Appomattox and 4A Amherst

And for the record I think Sussex is a very solid team and one that I have great respect for and am friends with one of their biggest fans. I just hate when people get on these boards and talk about how a team is unbeatable when they haven't even seen any other team play outside of their own district or their little neck of the woods. Yes Park View was a #2 seed. They also got beat pretty handidly by a #7 seed on Friday and Southampton obviously couldn't run on anybody because they were shutout on Friday night. Lol

Tabb and I C Norcom would have dragged your team up and down the field just like they did Southampton and park view those teams from the tidewater area play stiffer competition on a regular basis when you head out west toward Southampton and park view the talent level drops along with the size of the schools when your district is mainly 1a and 2a school you are not getting a good look then when you get in the playoffs your not ready for the talent level on the real Southampton and park view would beat your team also

King George beat IC Norcom 60-6. KG beat Essex 20-0 but was only 7-0 with a minute left. Southampton was middle of the pack in the Tri Rivers I have no doubt Essex would beat them as well. Anything else you want to make an excuse for that I'll be glad to shoot down with facts?

Appomattox is definitely the favorite in 2A but Dan River only lost to them by 2 and Rustburg is the #1 seed in 3A and is one of the favorites. Only losses were to Appomattox and 4A Amherst

man you don't understand the talent gap between rustburg and the tidewater teams. you got Lakeland who held their own against the 6a #1 seed and you talking bout rustburg only loss to 4a Amherst lmao Phoebus is the top dog in 3a then you still got Hopewell Lakeland. while rustburg is losing to 1a and 4a school these schools listed are beating 5a and 6a playoff teams FOH one of the favorites

King George beat IC Norcom 60-6. KG beat Essex 20-0 but was only 7-0 with a minute left. Southampton was a middle of the pack team in the Tri Rivers. I have no doubt Essex would beat them too. Anything else you want to make an excuse for that I'll gladly shoot down with facts?

King George beat IC Norcom 60-6. KG beat Essex 20-0 but was only 7-0 with a minute left. Southampton was middle of the pack in the Tri Rivers I have no doubt Essex would beat them as well. Anything else you want to make an excuse for that I'll be glad to shoot down with facts?
how bout Essex lose riverhead this week lets talk about those facts

You mean how Salem who is out West beat one of those Tidewater teams in the state championship last year. You really need to actually know something about teams outside of a 20 mile radius of you before you talk about what other teams have or how good they are.

Essex may indeed lose to Riverheads. But they are still playing. That's a fact!!!

I have a very strong feeling that Mr. Hill will be on the field come Friday night or at least by next week.
If thats the case, then he didnt tear his acl, which would be great news. It is a devastating injury for high school kids. I hope he is on the field. I will be pulling for Sussex and Essex the rest of the way

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Yeah apparently he didn't tear his ACL. I heard the other week he was coming back and then others said he wasn't but saw something today where it looks as if he will. Good news as he is a great young player and a difference maker on both sides of the ball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT