ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst 13 Okeechobee 13 Half

Final was amherst 20 okeechobee 30. Turnovers did amherst in as they have for years now
But people were saying that Amherst is going to get a stomping, that was not the case at all. That team scored off of two Amherst turnovers. Everyone is saying that Amherst played well actually. They just need to get those turnovers under control

Reactions: gwb16
But people were saying that Amherst is going to get a stomping, that was not the case at all. That team scored off of two Amherst turnovers. Everyone is saying that Amherst played well actually. They just need to get those turnovers under control
I didn't see anybody say Amherst would get stomped. But I don't read all the posts. I did think that this was a fabulous opportunity and experience for the Lancer players. So few get the privledge. I'm sure this was the first time most of them have been on a plane or even out of VA. Then they make VA proud with a very good showing. Wish more schools could sponsor and initiate this type of real world experience for their students. Now that's education. I hope more consider these type of experiences in the future for students because the SOL's just don't cover it. And not just Football. Well done Amherst.

I didn't see anybody say Amherst would get stomped. But I don't read all the posts. I did think that this was a fabulous opportunity and experience for the Lancer players. So few get the privledge. I'm sure this was the first time most of them have been on a plane or even out of VA. Then they make VA proud with a very good showing. Wish more schools could sponsor and initiate this type of real world experience for their students. Now that's education. I hope more consider these type of experiences in the future for students because the SOL's just don't cover it. And not just Football. Well done Amherst.
Yes definitely a good experience for them. What you would call a life building experience something they all will remember an enjoy for a lifetime. And it would be good all around if there was little more of this in education. Instead of the training not teach that kids get for SOLs.

Hope your right bout people saying they looked good. From what I read on the FLA boards okeechobee is not a very good team.
Just giving the team credit for traveling, working hard in practice and then playing against a 6A team. I saw some of the highlights and they did well, except for the late turnovers. They just need a little confidence from the fans and especially the coaches.

Reactions: gwb16
Thanks. Coach said about 35 of them had never flown before. They had the experience of a lifetime. Just about every meal they had there was Disney entertainment. They went to Animal Kingdom today. They also received many compliments on what a group of young men being so well mannered, proud fan here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT