ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst 2017 Key Returnees

Oct 25, 2011
Can someone with a solid understanding of their program provide a detailed outlook for Amherst in 2017? I'm specifically looking for the number of starters on offense and defense coming back (by position and by name, class, height, weight). I'd also like to know what schemes they run offensively (e.g., spread, power I, wing T, etc.) and defensively (4-3-4, 5-2-4, 3-4-3, Cover 2, etc). Thank you.

PS - I see where they have about 6 or so guys from last year that have committed to various schools, so I know they don't have all 22 starters back!

Can someone with a solid understanding of their program provide a detailed outlook for Amherst in 2017? I'm specifically looking for the number of starters on offense and defense coming back (by position and by name, class, height, weight). I'd also like to know what schemes they run offensively (e.g., spread, power I, wing T, etc.) and defensively (4-3-4, 5-2-4, 3-4-3, Cover 2, etc). Thank you.

PS - I see where they have about 6 or so guys from last year that have committed to various schools, so I know they don't have all 22 starters back!

I'm sure Wiki or Amherst1 have the scoop. But neither have been on the board for awhile. Mike usually has a hand on everybody's pulse in and around Roanoke.

We lose a ton of seniors. So it might be a rebuilding year

We lose a ton of seniors. So it might be a rebuilding year

Ouch. I was thinking that you were only losing a few. Didn't your QB get injured early, and only get back at the end of the season? Was he a senior?

28 is a tough number. Even on a large roster, that is typically 1/3 of the team.

By the end of the season though, the negative affect is mitigated. 6 to 8 games in, the starters are all veterans.

I hope the Lancer's Turner has a great season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT