ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst 6 Fluvanna 1

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
Congratulations Amherst on a great win, waiting for the winner of Louisa/Harrisonsburg

Amherst plays Louisa

tomorrow night at 6 at Lancer stadium

Not so fast, my friend

You're not region champs. You're Conference 23 champs. Dial down the celebration, Lady of Amherst.

Conference 23 Champs

My bad, I realized it later, but just didn't change it. Still not used to the new playoff format. Millbrook is going to be a tough one for us

This post was edited on 6/2 9:26 PM by wikki

And the Conference 21 champs ...

No problem. Yeah, the new playoff system needs a little fixing. Whether it's Amherst or whether it's Millbrook, one of the state's top 4A teams will not play beyond Wednesday.

Should be a heck of a game down your way on Wednesday (unfortunately, I won't be able to attend due to job commitments).

Millbrook is still a young team (just two seniors start in the field), but it has lots of talent in the lineup and on the mound. The Pioneers will pitch a freshman, but the kid has good stuff. He's 8-0. They have good hitters from top to bottom and their shortstop is headed to VMI to play. Their top RBI guy is freshman. Better respect this bunch.

Good luck to both teams. Again, should be a good one!

Re: And the Conference 21 champs ...

If they are this young and this good, what holds for the next 3 years. Amherst has 9 seniors and I would hate for them to lose this one because it is their last year. A very good group of guys, they play so well as a team. The Amherst fans will definitely be there, everyone is talking about getting their early to get a seat. I'm sure that our coaches and players will respect this team, how could they not but they also need to respect the Lancers especially on their field that they just graduated on. I wish you could make it.

Re: And the Conference 21 champs ...

This Millbrook team really should be set for the next few years. The top run-producer is a freshman. The top pitcher is a freshman. The catcher has a bright up-side and he's a sophomore. Another top-three pitcher is a sophomore. Very talented team that just needs to keep building on its success from this season. Burke coaches them up well and they will compete for seven innings (or beyond, like Monday) every game. If they are fortunate to win tonight, that will be as quality a win as any they've had to this point. If they lose, they will gladly take it as a learning experience and something to build on. I still feel Amherst is the prohibitive 4A favorite, with two top-flight pitchers and a senior-heavy lineup. Plus, they are playing at home tonight and will have what I am sure will be a loud and proud crowd behind them. Millbrook will respect Amherst and I'm sure all are honored for the chance to play a proven playoff contender and one of the state's best. I, too wish I could be there, but I punched a time clock today and it would be impossible for me to get there to watch the game. Good luck to Millbrook and value this matchup against Amherst.

And, wikki, enjoy the game. You definitely are an asset on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT