ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst beats GW. 26-20

I will be the first to man up! Great job Lancers. In all fairness @wikki some of your own fans didn't expect much, so I think everybody thought GW would beat them handily. Amherst surprised us all. Still don't think GW's defense is that bad. Well done on both sides of the field.

Reactions: CavsGrad and wikki
I will be the first to man up! Great job Lancers. In all fairness @wikki some of your own fans didn't expect much, so I think everybody thought GW would beat them handily. Amherst surprised us all. Still don't think GW's defense is that bad. Well done on both sides of the field.
I didn’t say they didn’t. Just sitting here and enjoying the victory and see what people post

Hey @wikki I met Peyton Lewis' grandparents tonight. Ironically, they live in Mad Hghts . We got to talk about 5 minutes after the game, they were so nice.

Happy for you that Amherst got the big W tonight, congratulations! Good luck on the rest of the season.
Amherst got two interceptions and scored on one of them and one was a long run for a TD. Amherst defense was pretty good against Danville and stopped them several times on 4th down. I don’t think Amherst had any turnovers but too many penalties. GW was good on many of their first drives, always seem to get to midfield but then Amherst defense was great. Amherst second string QB played very well. #5 for GW is a beast

Last edited:
Amherst got two interceptions and scored on one of them. Amherst defense was pretty good against Danville and stopped them several times on 4th down. Amherst had kick off return for a TD. I don’t think Amherst had any turnovers but too many penalties. GW was good on many of their first drives, always seem to get to midfield but then Amherst defense was great. Amherst second string QB played very well. #5 for GW is a beast
Is the 2nd string QB Tres Liggon?

Wanna start off by saying good job to the players and the coaches. GW will win alot of games. Although Amherst won there is a pile of stuff to build on. The run defense got out flanked multiple times but when it mattered the most they came up with stops. They had multiple opportunities to get off the field on 3rd and 4th downs but struggled a bit. The back end is the strongest it's been in a long long time. Wade plays much like Alonzo Poe from years ago. Just not as fast just a play maker. We were outmanned upfront. The offense will take a few games to click all the way but I liked the way he tried to get athlete's in space. Special teams are also split. The long snaps could be costly further down the road but the return team was the shining star of the night. Didn't expect GW to keep kicking deep. Overall a very good game. Defense caused 2 turnovers and special teams one. Liggon took care of the ball and the defense showed up when it mattered most. Now drink some pickle juice and mustard and get rid of those damn cramps for next game!!!!

Amherst got two interceptions and scored on one of them. Amherst defense was pretty good against Danville and stopped them several times on 4th down. Amherst had kick off return for a TD. I don’t think Amherst had any turnovers but too many penalties. GW was good on many of their first drives, always seem to get to midfield but then Amherst defense was great. Amherst second string QB played very well. #5 for GW is a beast
Congratulations on the big Regional win tonight.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Wanna start off by saying good job to the players and the coaches. GW will win alot of games. Although Amherst won there is a pile of stuff to build on. The run defense got out flanked multiple times but when it mattered the most they came up with stops. They had multiple opportunities to get off the field on 3rd and 4th downs but struggled a bit. The back end is the strongest it's been in a long long time. Wade plays much like Alonzo Poe from years ago. Just not as fast just a play maker. We were outmanned upfront. The offense will take a few games to click all the way but I liked the way he tried to get athlete's in space. Special teams are also split. The long snaps could be costly further down the road but the return team was the shining star of the night. Didn't expect GW to keep kicking deep. Overall a very good game. Defense caused 2 turnovers and special teams one. Liggon took care of the ball and the defense showed up when it mattered most. Now drink some pickle juice and mustard and get rid of those damn cramps for next game!!!!

Perfectly said. The cramps were crazy. By the way they do drink pickle juice, lol. I was impressed with the kicker to put GW deep almost every time. Overall I was impressed with this team that was picked by many to lose by 2-4 touchdowns. This team has heart

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Huge correction: Liggon has been the starter since last season .. Started from the opener to the 2nd round of playoffs .. Well Earned from hard work .. The 2nd string from last season graduated .. Have a great Season to you all .. Lancer Pride !! 🏈💯
Thank you for the correction. He had an excellent game last night

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT