ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
1. Good luck to all and safe travels going to and fro.. A lot of great matchups.

2. Who’s on upset alert tonight?

3. My Dinwiddie people, I’ve talked a lot of big talk about the 804, I’m hoping for an ALL 804 Region B championship game.

4. All cameras on this side of the state should be on Dinwiddie @ King George and Huguenot @ Varina. Shame on RVA Sports Network.

@BoKnowsSports, we will try and represent the 804. It's tough to go into someone else's house and win a big game like this. Especially, when it's against a team with elite talent like King George. One thing I do like is the turf. Dalton and Tucker usually have huge games on the artificial stuff. I am saying this tongue and cheek, but Dinwiddie put up 512 of total offense against EV with 356 on the ground against a tough defense. Dinwiddie is averaging 42 points and 397 in total offense per game. Not bad for a "small and weak" o line that has bumped heads with some stout defenses. Just got to make a few stops tonight.

I have a question for ya Bo. What two 804 teams have averaged 30+ points per game for 15 straight seasons? One team has done it for 16 straight years. I will buy a hot dog to the person that gets both teams right.

Lower seed wins tonight:
1. Glass over Jefferson Forest
2. Manchester over Dale
3. LT over Lafayette
4. Dinwiddie over King George

@BoKnowsSports, we will try and represent the 804. It's tough to go into someone else's house and win a big game like this. Especially, when it's against a team with elite talent like King George. One thing I do like is the turf. Dalton and Tucker usually have huge games on the artificial stuff. I am saying this tongue and cheek, but Dinwiddie put up 512 of total offense against EV with 356 on the ground against a tough defense. Dinwiddie is averaging 42 points and 397 in total offense per game. Not bad for a "small and weak" o line that has bumped heads with some stout defenses. Just got to make a few stops tonight.

I have a question for ya Bo. What two 804 teams have averaged 30+ points per game for 15 straight seasons? One team has done it for 16 straight years. I will buy a hot dog to the person that gets both teams right.

Lower seed wins tonight:
2. Manchester over Dale
3. LT over Lafayette
Can't wait to see if someone gets this.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I'll go Oscar Smith over HSHS. Perfect chance for Oscar Smith to re-establish their dominance.
IF... BIG IF... the Springers play Smith like they did Hanover, the Tigers can pull it off. HSHS scored 3 /4 of their TD's pretty much on the same play. It'll be up to Smith to stop it...

Hanover ran too well in that game & if it wasn't for their inibility to read a simple trap vs HSHS, Hanover could have won that game.

Lower seed wins tonight:
2. Manchester over Dale
3. LT over Lafayette

This is tough but I'll go with Dinwiddie and Manchester

Wishing safe travels to my Message Board Buddies from Dinwiddie. There's a Sheetz near the stadium at King George so I recommend you going ahead and filling up your vehicles there for your drives back home before you go over to the stadium for the game. I wish I could recommend food, but I generally just grab Sonic in Spotsylvania for my drive over to King George. Sorry for striking out on a local restaurant recommendation.

Oh...and I'm not sure if you're bringing your band, but I would suggest you get there early if you want to get a seat nonetheless. I hope they make it. They are great! But i think you will be entertained by King George's band while at the game.

I also think it would be safe to assume that you guys will travel well and bring your atmosphere and hospitality. For those that like to stand along the fence (or just can't find a seat), there is standing room along the fence (no track around the field which is a good thing) down towards the corner where the field house is. And there's standing room along the fence in the end zone at the scoreboard end and along the fence on the sidelines going towards the scoreboard end as well.

Let me also add that I pray for a good officiating crew tonight. The local association has four games tonight. I think Mountain View hosting Battlefield will get the top crew while King George hosting Dinwiddie will get the second best. Northumberland and Essex are also hosting so they will get the scraps.

Having what wlll probably be the second best crew for our game should be OK even though we know how suspect the officiating has been at all levels of the sport this season.

Should be a barnburner and absolutely electric nonetheless. I can't wait!

Last edited:
IF... BIG IF... the Springers play Smith like they did Hanover, the Tigers can pull it off. HSHS scored 3 /4 of their TD's pretty much on the same play. It'll be up to Smith to stop it...

Hanover ran too well in that game & if it wasn't for their inibility to read a simple trap vs HSHS, Hanover could have won that game.
Don’t tell that to Hoosprings, he’ll write a new bible on why you’re wrong.

This is tough but I'll go with Dinwiddie and Manchester
Spot on @GoBlue2109. Dinwiddie has done it for 16 straight years and Manchester 15. I was surprised by the commission of some of the other stud teams in RVA. If Dinwiddie and Varina are fortunate enough to win I will buy you a few dogs.

Last edited:
Spot on @GoBlue2109. Dinwiddie has done it for 16 straight years and Manchester 15. I was surprised by the commission of some of the other stud teams in RVA.
I wanted to go with HSHS but I knew those 1st couple of years under Coach Johnson were much more defensive teams. The consistency to do this for Manchester and Dinwiddie is amazing. Between the personnel changes and consistently evolving to fit that personnel is something all coaches need to strive for.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I’d be beyond shocked if Smith is even within 2 TDs of Springs.
I agree it would be a big but not major upset, HSHS has shown some vulnerabilities this year. Do you believe Oscar Smith has improved much since they played Phoebus earlier in the year?

I agree it would be a big but not major upset, HSHS has shown some vulnerabilities this year. Do you believe Oscar Smith has improved much since they played Phoebus earlier in the year?
Yessir they have. But have they improved enough to compete with a state championship contender? I don’t think so. I’m hoping they prove me wrong tho. I like the Lonnie Andrews story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT