ADVERTISEMENT

Falcon fans

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Gotta send a big shoutout to the Huguenot Falcons on a fine season. They proved a lot of people wrong and loss tonight with class displaying supreme sportsmanship. That was a damn good football team and will be a top 5 C4 team next season.

I think the loss to Manchester skewed some people’s POV unfairly on Huguenot. However, we see what Manchester did to Dale last night. That game wasn’t even close. I did think there would be more separation at this point between Varina and Huguenot. Gigantic shout out to coach Scott and staff at Huguenot. This was a great first season. With the LC Bird job being open, imagine if Huguenot hadn’t come a calling for coach Scott last year? There is a good chance he would have gone to Bird and they literally would have had an AAU team in their backyard. Also, turns out the Dominion wasn’t as bad as some said. For me, I think Huguenot might be my early favorite to win the region next year with almost everyone coming back next year.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think the loss to Manchester skewed some people’s POV unfairly on Huguenot. However, we see what Manchester did to Dale last night. That game wasn’t even close. I did think there would be more separation at this point between Varina and Huguenot. Gigantic shout out to coach Scott and staff at Huguenot. This was a great first season. With the LC Bird job being open, imagine if Huguenot hadn’t come a calling for coach Scott last year? There is a good chance he would have gone to Bird and they literally would have had an AAU team in their backyard. Also, turns out the Dominion wasn’t as bad as some said. For me, I think Huguenot might be my early favorite to win the region next year with almost everyone coming back next year.
It’s insane what people were saying about Huguenot this year and they continue to hide. We talked about Salem, KG, Varina, Dinwiddie and Phoebus but Huguenot was in the same category. It’s very hard to win when you’ve never been there before. To go from 1-9 to 8-3 and push a very good Varina team to the limit like that says a lot about their kids.

It amazes me the # of people who says Varina should’ve won by more.. I told everyone last week that Huguenot would be Varina’s toughest challenge in this region. They could match receivers and athletes, had a very big offensive and their QB could scramble. Nobody in the 4B field had all of those but Huguenot.

It’s insane what people were saying about Huguenot this year and they continue to hide. We talked about Salem, KG, Varina, Dinwiddie and Phoebus but Huguenot was in the same category. It’s very hard to win when you’ve never been there before. To go from 1-9 to 8-3 and push a very good Varina team to the limit like that says a lot about their kids.

It amazes me the # of people who says Varina should’ve won by more.. I told everyone last week that Huguenot would be Varina’s toughest challenge in this region. They could match receivers and athletes, had a very big offensive and their QB could scramble. Nobody in the 4B field had all of those but Huguenot.
I think a lot of that was in reaction to the illiterate, insane rantings of a “parent”. For me, and probably many others, they were an unknown. Great season for them and they will probably only be better next year which is scary.

Reactions: mbonape1
I think a lot of that was in reaction to the illiterate, insane rantings of a “parent”. For me, and probably many others, they were an unknown. Great season for them and they will probably only be better next year which is scary.
Sad thing is I am pretty sure that was plant and that poster had no affiliation with the program or their fan base.

@BoKnowsSports - guilty as charged as I thought they were quality but one year away. I saw a couple of Huguenot games this year and it wasn’t their offense that worried me. I was surprised how well other teams moved the ball on them at times considering the talent they had on defense. What if the TB would not have gotten hurt this year? Next year they will have 3 very good tailbacks if nothing changes. No question they have and will have the talent. Again, job well done to the Falcons.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Great win by the Foxes! Best wishes the rest of the way. Hope to see you guys break through the glass and beat Varina next week.

I don’t even know if that troll was even a real fan or parent of their team. Even before the troll, they were discounted. Huguenot and Varina will both bring back 90% of their teams. I told @mbonape1 that this will be must see tv for the next few years.

Reactions: FoxesPride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT