ADVERTISEMENT

Region B

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Saw King George 2x, Varina 4x, Dinwiddie 3x, Huguenot 3x, and Powhatan & EV 1x.

The most rounded team- King George. They get the 1 seed and I think they I’ll be hard to beat if their QB play continues to improve.

The sleeper- Huguenot. Big lines, improving defense, and athletes everywhere. Don’t sleep on these guys.

Best player- Harry Dalton III (Dinwiddie) and DaMari D1 Carter (Varina). Dalton should get a huge picture of himself when he leaves Dinwiddie. They’ll go as far as he takes them and with that, he’s the best player in C4 without question. Gotta give D1 Carter some love. The sophomore has carried that offense at times and had his best game with two pick 6s against the best team in Virginia, Freedom. The WRs from KG get love too.

Coach of the Year- Chris Scott (Huguenot). Say what you want, those guys are good and became good in a short time. We heard about how undisciplined they’d be, accused of cheating, and reasons he wouldn’t be successful. The Falcons are coming!

Going to be a hell of a playoffs.

Uhhhh yea that's gonna get ugly in a hurry. It'll be a great learning experience for the Falcons.

KG punished for finishing #1. Their path to state is likely Dinwiddie -> Varina -> Phoebus -> Salem(?), the rest of the consensus top 5 in C4. That'd be a tall task for any team.

Reactions: mbonape1 and SFUWO
Uhhhh yea that's gonna get ugly in a hurry. It'll be a great learning experience for the Falcons.
You said the same about Varina against Springs week bro. I’m telling you, if Michael Dabney is back, this will be the best game in the state. John John Washington been holding it down at RB and Jason Wright is quietly one of the better QBs in the area. Their offensive line is probably the biggest line in the region. Don’t sleep on them bro. When are yall gonna start listening to me 😂

Reactions: mbonape1
You said the same about Varina against Springs week bro. I’m telling you, if Michael Dabney is back, this will be the best game in the state. John John Washington been holding it down at RB and Jason Wright is quietly one of the better QBs in the area. Their offensive line is probably the biggest line in the region. Don’t sleep on them bro.
This ain't a rivalry game against well known foes. Huguenot beat the people in front of them but look at that schedule. They've only seen this level of play once all year. It's going to be another shock to the system for them.

Dinwiddie at King George in the Second Round is going to be awfully tasty! For selfish reasons, I would love for that to be a Saturday afternoon game. That atmosphere will be amazing nonetheless.

Reactions: SFUWO and OCBoy
This ain't a rivalry game against well known foes. Huguenot beat the people in front of them but look at that schedule. They've only seen this level of play once all year. It's going to be another shock to the system for them.
It doesn’t have to be though. Huguenot has been disrespected all year and they want Varina and Dinwiddie. I ain’t mad at them. Idk about you, but I ain’t ever fought a fight that I didn’t believe I could win, even if I got my butt kicked. It’s good to see that program be prideful in a world of kids watching live streams and TikTok’ing all day.

Dinwiddie at King George in the Second Round is going to be awfully tasty! For selfish reasons, I would love for that to be a Saturday afternoon game. That atmosphere will be amazing nonetheless.
I don't think that game is as close as you think it would be. But you know what they say about opinions.

Reactions: OCBoy
I just ran the numbers three times. I think I right. @BoKnowsSports I can't disagree with you Huguenot is scary because they have good athletes, are overlooked, and unknown. Your two favorites Varina and Huguenot are going to go head to head in round 2.
KG
Varina
Huguenot 28.555
Dinwiddie 28.50
EV 28.00

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
@Kangarew113, if you come to the game come by the press box and introduce yourself. Just ask for @DinwiddieProud or @BleedingNavy.
I surely appreciate the offer. I intend to go as of now. Working in DC makes it tough. I'd certainly like to meet you all though. I feel like there should be more communication in the region. This place is like murderer's row.

I think the Huguenot vs Powhatan match up is the best game in week one. Also, Hanover might hang around with KG. Hanover isn’t a great team but is hard to beat sometimes. I do think Varina has found their stride now just in the knick of time. Dinwiddie has the best player and is the most consistent team IMO. In round two, Hug v Varina, Hug has a chance if Varina starts slow but I don’t think they will. @BoKnowsSports is Dabney back for sure for a playoff run? Even though the path to states doesn’t literally run through Dinwiddie this time, figuratively it still does IMO.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
You said the same about Varina against Springs week bro. I’m telling you, if Michael Dabney is back, this will be the best game in the state. John John Washington been holding it down at RB and Jason Wright is quietly one of the better QBs in the area. Their offensive line is probably the biggest line in the region. Don’t sleep on them bro. When are yall gonna start listening to me 😂
Huguenot lost to Cosby! Case closed! They played an extremely weak schedule! 7-2 and only beat garbage!

Huguenot lost to Cosby! Case closed! They played an extremely weak schedule! 7-2 and only beat garbage!
And HS struggled with Hanover. It’s high school football. We care more about this stuff than most of the players.

Haven’t you learned your lesson about comparing scores Mr. “It’ll be uglier than the 29-0 last year”, sir? Huguenot isn’t any world beaters but they have a very solid football team.

I think the Huguenot vs Powhatan match up is the best game in week one. Also, Hanover might hang around with KG. Hanover isn’t a great team but is hard to beat sometimes. I do think Varina has found their stride now just in the knick of time. Dinwiddie has the best player and is the most consistent team IMO. In round two, Hug v Varina, Hug has a chance if Varina starts slow but I don’t think they will. @BoKnowsSports is Dabney back for sure for a playoff run? Even though the path to states doesn’t literally run through Dinwiddie this time, figuratively it still does IMO.
I’ll find out about Michael Dabney and let you know. John John Washington has been their lead back while Dabney was out and isn’t much of a drop off. If Michael Jr isn’t back, they’ll run John John and Markel Dabney. If Huguenot can clean up the holding and over aggression, they’ll be fine. That’s gonna be a hell of a matchup for Varina in Round 2 if the Falcons can beat Powhatan.

And HS struggled with Hanover. It’s high school football. We care more about this stuff than most of the players.

Haven’t you learned your lesson about comparing scores Mr. “It’ll be uglier than the 29-0 last year”, sir? Huguenot isn’t any world beaters but they have a very solid football team.
I was paying attention to the Varina and Highland Springs game last night, and both of them had extreme first half let downs after that emotional game last week. Both turned it on in the second half.

I’ll state it RIGHT NOW….HS is not a championship team! All the talent in the world can’t overcome a serious chemistry issue! The issue is further than “black & white”,and it hasn’t improved since game 1. It pains me to say these things,but a team not improving week to week is not a TRUE contender. IMHO,HSHS looked the same vs Miramar as they did vs Hanover. It WILL take a complete team to beat them,but imo,there are at least 4 teams that can do it!

@mbonape1 and @BoKnowsSports I admittedly thought Huguenot had talent, but would not be in this position come playoff time. I have realized I discounted the young men that came from Life and the Hurricane program, because I didn't consider their familiarity playing against top talent/quality programs. I still have some reservations, because they only played Dominion District teams and let's be honest the Dominion is way down. Wins are wins and the Falcons have earned the third seed. Now, they have to do the same in the second season against several teams who have went deep in the playoffs for many years. They can run and throw it. In my opinion the Huguenot defense and depth could be their weaknesses.

Varina has the defense to win it all, but I don't think they do unless they play the freshmen QB. The receivers are good, but Johnson and the Blue Devil offense are too predictable without Wyche. He is a game changer in my opinion.

From his earlier posts I know @BoKnowsSports is not high on the King George, quarterback, but anytime you have the height, hands, and talent of the three Fox receivers on display you have a chance. Can they run it and can they stop the run is my only question.

EV has a good quarterback and decent receivers. They have used several backs this season and can have some success on the ground. I like the Cyclones run defense, but can they match the speed of the top four teams. Clatterbaugh is a beast on both sides of the ball.

Hanover is well coached and has good size. They have played a solid schedule, but are very inconsistent. If the Hawks can impose their physical game they will.

Courtland can pound it, but the slow developing offense and inability to throw the rock does not play in their favor. The top four defenses are way too fast for the men in blue.

@mbonape1 is right, Powhatan is a team built for the playoff grind. Good coaching, solid QB and line play can take you places if you match up well with your opponents. Unfortunately, Huguenot and Varina are not good matchups. The Indians found out quickly last year about their lack of speed and athleticism. I guess they could upset a young Falcons team, but if they do that's where the story will end.

Dinwiddie, I broke character earlier this week and spoke the facts. It's playoff time and Mills has slowly nurtured this young team into shape. The receivers are ready, Tucker the most underrated RB in Class 4 is rolling and yes, Dalton if needed can do his thing. Whether you agree with me or not the Generals destroyed a Matoaca defense last night that has 5 D1 prospects. I realize people question our size on the interior lines, but those who do have no clue about our blocking schemes and how normal this really is. Dinwiddie is known for speed, technique, power, and balance and it's coming together at the right time. My only concern about this team is the defensive backs and stupid penalties. KG is a tough matchup for our defense and Varina will be tough on the offense. Huguenot is just like us with less experience. If they can beat EV, Dinwiddie will have to do it on the road after week one. That will be a tough chore and has not served us well in the past.

Going to be a blast.

Good stuff @BleedingNavy. Let’s make this clear now, yall did destroy that big line last night. Made them look little league. I don’t mean to take credit away from Dinwiddie so I’ll save my comments regarding Mataoca to the C5 threads.

Dinwiddie has the toughest draw of any team in 4B. EV, KG then Varina. That’s a combined 27-3 record.

I will also add, I think KG’s run defense is a lot better than we give them credit for. As Navy said, we’ll have to see. I don’t know if they’ve played the athletes that they’ll see over these next 3 weeks.

Huguenot beat Powhatan on a last minute touchdown earlier in the season. That game could go either way. I thought both teams were pretty even but Powhatan played very conservative while Huguenot was the more aggressive team and that was the difference. Should be another 1 score game.

Last edited:
After last night I'm still comfortable with staying with Dinwiddie. They've played the hardest schedule(Varina’s schedule was also tough in spots). And have shown the most improvement. The pass defense is a concern especially considering King George and Varina want to air it out but the run defense is strong and will stop them on the ground. I still believe any team will have to score at least 28 to beat them and right now only KGs offense scares me enough to think that they could do it.

Just an aside I don't think Matoaca was really that bad but very undisciplined last night. The moment might've been too big for them.

@mbonape1 and @BoKnowsSports I admittedly thought Huguenot had talent, but would not be in this position come playoff time. I have realized I discounted the young men that came from Life and the Hurricane program, because I didn't consider their familiarity playing against top talent/quality programs. I still have some reservations, because they only played Dominion District teams and let's be honest the Dominion is way down. Wins are wins and the Falcons have earned the third seed. Now, they have to do the same in the second season against several teams who have went deep in the playoffs for many years. They can run and throw it. In my opinion the Huguenot defense and depth could be their weaknesses.

Varina has the defense to win it all, but I don't think they do unless they play the freshmen QB. The receivers are good, but Johnson and the Blue Devil offense are too predictable without Wyche. He is a game changer in my opinion.

From his earlier posts I know @BoKnowsSports is not high on the King George, quarterback, but anytime you have the height, hands, and talent of the three Fox receivers on display you have a chance. Can they run it and can they stop the run is my only question.

EV has a good quarterback and decent receivers. They have used several backs this season and can have some success on the ground. I like the Cyclones run defense, but can they match the speed of the top four teams. Clatterbaugh is a beast on both sides of the ball.

Hanover is well coached and has good size. They have played a solid schedule, but are very inconsistent. If the Hawks can impose their physical game they will.

Courtland can pound it, but the slow developing offense and inability to throw the rock does not play in their favor. The top four defenses are way too fast for the men in blue.

@mbonape1 is right, Powhatan is a team built for the playoff grind. Good coaching, solid QB and line play can take you places if you match up well with your opponents. Unfortunately, Huguenot and Varina are not good matchups. The Indians found out quickly last year about their lack of speed and athleticism. I guess they could upset a young Falcons team, but if they do that's where the story will end.

Dinwiddie, I broke character earlier this week and spoke the facts. It's playoff time and Mills has slowly nurtured this young team into shape. The receivers are ready, Tucker the most underrated RB in Class 4 is rolling and yes, Dalton if needed can do his thing. Whether you agree with me or not the Generals destroyed a Matoaca defense last night that has 5 D1 prospects. I realize people question our size on the interior lines, but those who do have no clue about our blocking schemes and how normal this really is. Dinwiddie is known for speed, technique, power, and balance and it's coming together at the right time. My only concern about this team is the defensive backs and stupid penalties. KG is a tough matchup for our defense and Varina will be tough on the offense. Huguenot is just like us with less experience. If they can beat EV, Dinwiddie will have to do it on the road after week one. That will be a tough chore and has not served us well in the past.

Going to be a blast.
Varina will smoke Courtland as I think Varina will be more physical combined with Courtland not having the offense to catch up quickly.

King George should handily beat Hanover. King George must stop playing sloppy or someone will eventually sneak up on them. They don't have much time because they will most likely have Dinwiddie in the Regional Semifinals.

Dinwiddie and Eastern View will be a good game, but Dinwiddie's tougher schedule will prove to be the edge in the end. Eastern View can't get behind early or it's over.

And I don't know enough about Huguenot and Powhatan to be informed. I'm going to take a random stab and say Huguenot will win that one because I guess they would have the edge in speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT