ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Event; Route 5 @ King George

#2 Varina Blue Devils (10-2) @ #1 King George Foxes (12-0)

• Varina

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • King George

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters
I see a lot of should’ve could’ve would’ve. Varina dropped a wide open touchdown and the refs gave KG a gift on 4th down when we stopped them with the phantom hold. Y’all just be talking.

@BleedingNavy you’re a smart man.. Other than that TD catch, Varina has done a great job on defense and held their own on those “unguardable” receivers. What are you watching so different?

Point blank, Varina is getting outcoached. That’s been the biggest difference. The playcalling and execution on offense is ugly. Still a half of football left.

It isn't being outcoached the players are getting out played on the field, the X's and O's only can do so much I read and watched you snarl at anyone who thought Varina wouldn't be in this game and make it competitive or shock the posters and win out right. But as ME and other posters noted, Varina offense leaves too much to be desired to outscore a team with arguably the best WR tandem in VA in the last 20 years maybe more. I said KG by 17 and you laughed at me, currently KG is up 10 and I don't see any way the Varina offense will keep them in the game and I echoed this sentiment all week. The Varina defense kept them in the game but as many of us alluded to all week you gotta be able to score against the teams who have an offensive juggernaut. Varina will be back next year but this year wasn't theirs it looks like it will be a KG/Phoebus vs Salem final.

It isn't being outcoached the players are getting out played on the field, the X's and O's only can do so much I read and watched you snarl at anyone who thought Varina wouldn't be in this game and make it competitive or shock the posters and win out right. But as ME and other posters noted, Varina offense leaves too much to be desired to outscore a team with arguably the best WR tandem in VA in the last 20 years maybe more. I said KG by 17 and you laughed at me, currently KG is up 10 and I don't see any way the Varina offense will keep them in the game and I echoed this sentiment all week. The Varina defense kept them in the game but as many of us alluded to all week you gotta be able to score against the teams who have an offensive juggernaut. Varina will be back next year but this year wasn't theirs it looks like it will be a KG/Phoebus vs Salem final.
Stick to watching Louisa choke every year.

17-14 KG. 6:34 left.

Reactions: Senex
Okay Boomer.

Don't be mad at the facts, you support every team up and down the entire east coast and claim to have deep knowledge of them, then come on here and feel some kind of way when people dispute or provide altering views. You get upset when a team schedules and plays who they're required too, upset when someone says the team you want to win isn't going to win, then my all time favorite you assume you know the backstory to each poster, but again nothing wrong with wanting your team to win but sometimes you can't claim others aren't informed or knowledgable bc they see the game from a differing viewpoint. Have a great holiday weekend!

Don't be mad at the facts, you support every team up and down the entire east coast and claim to have deep knowledge of them, then come on here and feel some kind of way when people dispute or provide altering views. You get upset when a team schedules and plays who they're required too, upset when someone says the team you want to win isn't going to win, then my all time favorite you assume you know the backstory to each poster, but again nothing wrong with wanting your team to win but sometimes you can't claim others aren't informed or knowledgable bc they see the game from a differing viewpoint. Have a great holiday weekend!
Get a life.

Can’t lie it was closer than I expected but that shows you exactly how good that defense of Varina is. King George has gotta work on wrapping up because Phoebus is going to be slow and methodically running the ball over and over and over you gotta be able to get a few stops to make it a game. I know their Coach will have a good gameplan it’s all about execution now, Congratulations King George, go make it 3-3 for 4B. You got a tough one next week I’m rooting for you.

I learn it from your mama 😅

whew we've regressed to the adolescent antics over a game -- you got it boss have a great holiday weekend as I said before. I will say I expected more from you in terms of commentary and a rebuttal about why Varina lost compared to what posters spoke about during the week rather than a ducking, hiding, and reverting to this type of rhetoric. What happened out there today, were the posters right who said KG has too much on offense and Varina offense has too little? Nobody disputed the defense of Varina but the offense would be their achilles from what's been covered.

I'm not questioning Varina's defense at all! I have watched them online 3 times this year! They are legit! I said earlier that I agree with you about their secondary. My respect and opinion of KG is no reflection on Varina. All I know is when Wiggins and White walked past me before the start of our game, I couldn't believe how muscular they were! None of that has anything to do with my opinion of Varina. I predicted a score of 24-14 because I expect Varina's defense to be the biggest challenge they've faced. I have nothing but respect for Marcus, his staff, and his players.
24-14, good call

Disappointing end for the Blue Devils. The defense was as good as advertised and offense was as bad as advertised. King George was the more balanced and better coached team. Hopefully Varina makes a serious overhaul to the offense because this was a state championship level defense that was wasted.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Disappointing end for the Blue Devils. The defense was as good as advertised and offense was as bad as advertised. King George was the more balanced and better coached team. Hopefully Varina makes a serious overhaul to the offense because this was a state championship level defense that was wasted.
Playcalling and offense**

Best team won. Varina left some points on the board and championship caliber teams like KG don’t do that. Dropped a TD, punted the ball on 4th and 1…and unsuccessfully run a fake punt from 4 and 15 and chip shot field goal. Their receivers were supposed to beat us, but those guys have 3 weapons in the backfield that do damage. That QB I questioned made plays and their running backs are elite. Hoping the Foxes win it all.

Come @BoKnowsSports, you are better than this. Varina played their butts off today and represented 804 well. Just got beat by a better team. Throwing the Blue Devil coaches you work with daily under the bus and cruelly throwing shade on a Louisa program you have supported for years is not a good look. Hell, I ate my crow with hot sauce last week with class and you can too. It's just a game brother.
When did I throw them under the bus? You’re reaching. The playcalling was bad. It is what it is.

Come @BoKnowsSports, you are better than this. Varina played their butts off today and represented 804 well. Just got beat by a better team. Throwing the Blue Devil coaches you work with daily under the bus and cruelly throwing shade on a Louisa program you have supported for years is not a good look. Hell, I ate my crow with hot sauce last week with class and you can too. It's just a game brother.
And to put that I work with them is weird. Know for a fact you cried and threatened to do X Y and Z to HoosFan because he posted a pic of you? Hella hypocritical navy.

I have said from the end of last season that KG would win this region so I have to stick with that pick now. Everyone knows about White and Wiggins as the 2 stud WRs for KG but #6 Gunnar Regar is a beast too! He would be most teams #1 WR but he just happens to be on the same team as the two best HS WR prospects in VA. He benefits from that as well because teams place so much focus on White and Wiggins that he is often times 1v1 against other teams 3rd or 4th best cover guys. With all that being said, KG has to be able to run the ball just enough to make the Varina LBs and DL respect the run which will open up the passing game. KG also has the advantage in kicking game JMU commit Max Lipinski will kick touchbacks every time and he's automatic on FG from 45 or shorter.

KG 24 Varina 14
I haven't hit a Fan Duel bet in forever but at least I can say I got this right. KG 24 Varina 14 like I called.

Congratulations to the Varina community on a great season.

@BoKnowsSports, you stated Varina was outcoached at least twice. I am not reaching at all and was just looking out for you. I guess we are wired differently. Even if your analysis is correct, throwing shade on the guys you roam the halls with is ballsy. Just trying to offer some old school advice. My bad.
Hanover’s coaching staff with Varina’s players…might have been a real different outcome, just saying

Damn @BoKnowsSports, you said it yourself in a post months ago. Why are we going backwards? I have owned my mistakes with Hoos and certainly regret them, but putting someone's family in jeopardy is a bit different hoss.
Cause you’re trying to place my personal info on here when I’ve shared it with you out of confidence. I don’t appreciate that and you wouldn’t want that done to you. Very hypocritical of you when the same thing happened to you and we all know how that went.

Lastly, no shade was ever given. KG was better prepared. Credit to their staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMQP 6.0
I have stayed off the boards aside from posting the playoff points and pick ems because I got tired of all the arguments on here, but @BoKnowsSports you have said on these boards that you work at Varina. So what exactly are you mad about here? That is the only personal info that I see, and since you certainly didn't tell me that, how would I have known that?

I get people get in their feelings on things, especially when it gets heated, but you can't expect to put something out yourself on a message board and then get mad that someone knows

When did I throw them under the bus? You’re reaching. The playcalling was bad. It is what it is.

You brought up me being a Louisa fan and how the choke but again it didn’t bother me. I understand your investment into the program at varina but don’t let personal biases and opinions shade yourself from facts. I alluded that varina offense didn’t have enough and the end score showed they didn’t but had some chances and left things out there but both teams can say the same. It was a great season and we will see how Varina does in bball now, again no hard feelings from me in regards to the back and forth we both are grown but you are man enough to know name calling, your mom and antics like those should be beneath you at this big age considering how you like to call others out. My mom taught me don’t throw stones from a glass house unless you’re prepared to repair it.

I have stayed off the boards aside from posting the playoff points and pick ems because I got tired of all the arguments on here, but @BoKnowsSports you have said on these boards that you work at Varina. So what exactly are you mad about here? That is the only personal info that I see, and since you certainly didn't tell me that, how would I have known that?

I get people get in their feelings on things, especially when it gets heated, but you can't expect to put something out yourself on a message board and then get mad that someone knows
I stated that in the past. I have not posted since 2017?

Still 10-0?

Watching this on NFHS takes the joy out the game.
I got to say I was underwhelmed by the NFHS coverage. I watched the entire game... you never saw the score posted, no timer, no downs... you're just basically following as closely as you can. Camera so far away you could not always make out the numbers and when there was a pass off camera, the camera never moved until the play was over. Quite disappointing for what I thought was a reputable site.

Reactions: falcettik
Varina defense held KG to 10 points through three quarters. Their offense definitely let them down.

As i said all week doesn’t matter if how great the defense is if the offense can’t score points . A juggernaut offense with a avg defense beats a juggernaut defense with a below avg offense. Not saying Varina offense is a below average one but they leave too much to be desired.

As i said all week doesn’t matter if how great the defense is if the offense can’t score points . A juggernaut offense with a avg defense beats a juggernaut defense with a below avg offense. Not saying Varina offense is a below average one but they leave too much to be desired.

You mean in general or just this game??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT