ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Event; Route 5 @ King George

#2 Varina Blue Devils (10-2) @ #1 King George Foxes (12-0)

• Varina

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • King George

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters
Would y’all please keep me out of the conversation?! I haven’t badmouth anybody and I haven’t talk trash whatsoever. I watched a Lotta good football this weekend. These are all good teams. This is high school football…just chill.

Would y’all please keep me out of the conversation?! I haven’t badmouth anybody and I haven’t talk trash whatsoever. I watched a Lotta good football this weekend. These are all good teams. This is high school football…just chill.
We were not referencing you sir. Another Hoos.

Reactions: HooSprings
The thing that surprised me the most about Varina's offense was them not getting Eric Smith the ball. I know they had some other guys but Eric has been a game changer since rec league.

I got to say I was underwhelmed by the NFHS coverage. I watched the entire game... you never saw the score posted, no timer, no downs... you're just basically following as closely as you can. Camera so far away you could not always make out the numbers and when there was a pass off camera, the camera never moved until the play was over. Quite disappointing for what I thought was a reputable site.
EVERYBODY needs to email the VHSL and encourage them to explore other options when the contract with the NFHS Network expires.

Email: Mike McCall, VHSL Director of Communications mmccall@vhsl.org

Last edited:
I went to the Manchester/Highland Springs game yesterday and the Varina/King George game today.

I would love to see a Highland Springs/King George matchup. I think that would be an exciting game.

As for today, the physicality was there on both sides. And there were some receipts handed out by both teams.

I'm glad both teams FINALLY figured out in the Third Quarter that anything deep was going to be held up and/or carried by the wind. It only took a handful of shots down the field to figure that out.

Varina has some big boys up front on both sides of the ball. A few are extremely athletic. King George sure didn't see anything remotely close to that in their Regular Season.

I will be interested to see what kind of talent Phoebus has in their defensive backfield and how they will handle King George's receivers. If I were them, I would have let the grass grow at their stadium in anticipation for next week's game.

Also, there may be a chance of rain next Saturday. And if it does rain, that helps out Phoebus as they can run the ball all day and wear down King George.

Should be a barnburner. Can't wait to be there next Saturday.

Last edited:
I went to the Manchester/Highland Springs game yesterday and the Varina/King George game today.

I would love to see a Highland Springs/King George matchup. I think that would be an exciting game.

As for today, the physicality was there on both sides. And there were some receipts handed out by both teams.

I'm glad both teams FINALLY figured out in the Third Quarter that anything deep was going to be held up and carried by the wind. It only took a handful of shots down the field to figure that out.

Varina has some big boys up front on both sides of the ball. A few are extremely athletic. King George sure didn't see anything remotely close to that in their Regular Season.

I will be interested to see what kind of talent Phoebus has in their defensive backfield and how they will handle King George's receivers. If I were them, I would have let the grass grow at their stadium in anticipation for next week's game.

Also, there may be a chance of rain next Saturday. And if it does rain, that helps out Phoebus as they can run the ball all day and wear down King George.

Should be a barnburner. Can't wait to be there next Saturday.
What stood out to me about KG’s two stud receivers was their ability to break free and get yardage AFTER catching the ball. Especially #1.

whew we've regressed to the adolescent antics over a game -- you got it boss have a great holiday weekend as I said before. I will say I expected more from you in terms of commentary and a rebuttal about why Varina lost compared to what posters spoke about during the week rather than a ducking, hiding, and reverting to this type of rhetoric. What happened out there today, were the posters right who said KG has too much on offense and Varina offense has too little? Nobody disputed the defense of Varina but the offense would be their achilles from what's been covered.
Rain your wasting your time on him hes been around too long and thinks he is the end all be all and he aint. hes short fused when it doesnt go his way and just cranky. king george did varina a favor by putting them out because a team like salem would embarrass them. king george doesnt need validation from an opponent like them its still ahead of them. good luck foxes im impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Not being a fraud sir. I did not mean any will and you know that. Have no reason to. You on the other hand are once again attacking me for trying to show some love. I don't get your everybody is out to get you thought process. Peace out!
Very hypocritical and I caught you in a lie. No one attacked you, stop pulling that pus card. Again, we know you whined and got another board member banned because he brought your personal stuff on here, he should’ve gotten banned.. But you’ve done the same thing and only gave some weak ass accuses on why it’s not the same. You do better Mr law enforcement!

Keep up the good work on here my friend. Hope you and your loved ones had a great Thanksgiving.
Very hypocritical and I caught you in a lie. No one attacked you, stop pulling that pus card. Again, we know you whined and got another board member banned because he brought your personal stuff on here, he should’ve gotten banned.. But you’ve done the same thing and only gave some weak ass accuses on why it’s not the same. You do better Mr law enforcement!
@BoKnowsSports, I didn't get anyone banned, never have, and never will. Don't have that kind of pull and besides Matt is an honorable man and could care less about my feelings. I quit posting for two years, beat myself up, and have publicly expressed total remorse regarding the riff between LQ and I.

This whole argument bothers me tremendously, because I honestly was trying to chill you out. Did I do everything correctly? Probably not, but you act like I am out to get you and that's so far from the truth.

I looked you dead in the eye and told you I was proud of you three weeks ago, so why would I maliciously attack you now. Look at my original post it says you are better than that and you are. I am certainly not a victim, nor, am I using a "pus card". I will not apologize for calling you out about Louisa choking; however, I fully understand the possible ramifications of my other statement and to demonstrate my integrity will delete all of my other post.

There is no need to discuss this further on this forum, so Im done. If you still feel strongly I will gladly meet you to discuss it calmly in person. It's your call.

@BoKnowsSports, I didn't get anyone banned, never have, and never will. Don't have that kind of pull and besides Matt is an honorable man and could care less about my feelings. I quit posting for two years, beat myself up, and have publicly expressed total remorse regarding the riff between LQ and I.

This whole argument bothers me tremendously, because I honestly was trying to chill you out. Did I do everything correctly? Probably not, but you act like I am out to get you and that's so far from the truth.

I looked you dead in the eye and told you I was proud of you three weeks ago, so why would I maliciously attack you now. Look at my original post it says you are better than that and you are. I am certainly not a victim, nor, am I using a "pus card". I will not apologize for calling you out about Louisa choking; however, I fully understand the possible ramifications of my other statement and to demonstrate my integrity will delete all of my other post.

There is no need to discuss this further on this forum, so Im done. If you still feel strongly I will gladly meet you to discuss it calmly in person. It's your call.
I appreciate that. Should have never gotten to this point in the first place.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
No Shit! You know me better than that. I know it's hard brother, but just take it on the chin sometime. You are full of knowledge, but just like me five years ago you get bent out of shape over a game or someone calling you out. It just isn't worth it. I will stay out of your post from now on.

I have stayed off the boards aside from posting the playoff points and pick ems because I got tired of all the arguments on here, but @BoKnowsSports you have said on these boards that you work at Varina. So what exactly are you mad about here? That is the only personal info that I see, and since you certainly didn't tell me that, how would I have known that?

I get people get in their feelings on things, especially when it gets heated, but you can't expect to put something out yourself on a message board and then get mad that someone knows
Gunz, you're always a class act and miss your input. I love Bo Knows Posts (he's not bland, boring and doesn't try hard to say all the right things like many on here). Though bringing in someone's Momma is just wrong.

It isn't being outcoached the players are getting out played on the field, the X's and O's only can do so much I read and watched you snarl at anyone who thought Varina wouldn't be in this game and make it competitive or shock the posters and win out right. But as ME and other posters noted, Varina offense leaves too much to be desired to outscore a team with arguably the best WR tandem in VA in the last 20 years maybe more. I said KG by 17 and you laughed at me, currently KG is up 10 and I don't see any way the Varina offense will keep them in the game and I echoed this sentiment all week. The Varina defense kept them in the game but as many of us alluded to all week you gotta be able to score against the teams who have an offensive juggernaut. Varina will be back next year but this year wasn't theirs it looks like it will be a KG/Phoebus vs Salem final.
I guess Salem should just save the gas and skip right over Tuscarora.

I stated that in the past. I have not posted since 2017?

Since I don't want to post something incorrectly, I decided to go back and look and see if you did say that, and sure enough you never specifically said a certain place of employment. So on that part, as far as I could tell, you are 100% correct.

BUT, when you (or anyone posts things like "us", "we", etc. and also put things like "my kids", "be working at the high school", talk about working in an area (RPS) and then say "our kids" in reference to Region A champ and Region B runner up, then its hard not to come to a conclusion, that appears to have been correct.

But even besides that, you should be PROUD of the work you are doing my man. From everything that is posted about on here involving the MAN that BoKnowsSports is (forget about the Football stuff), we all should applaud what you are trying to do, and succeeding.

Don't let something as trivial as a prediction of a football game change who you are as a person. Don't let anything from a message board cast a shadow over all the positiveness you are creating.

Have a good one my man. And I think we all agree that BoKnowsSports is a good dude

I just think this Salem team led by their two blue chips, coupled with a disciplined hard nosed scrappy group who’s grinded the same way they have are the favorites to make it to the final in the region C vs D matchup. They play the game between the lines though and not on computer screens and message boards so I wouldn’t be upset if Tusky does what KR did last year and upends the favorite.

I know, that's what I'm thinking about all of these presumptive posts saying Salem in the Finals. Tuscarora is undefeated to this point for a reason. Salem and Tuscarora have played twice, splitting the meetings. I expect a similar tough game.

Reactions: RKE Fan
I got to say I was underwhelmed by the NFHS coverage. I watched the entire game... you never saw the score posted, no timer, no downs... you're just basically following as closely as you can. Camera so far away you could not always make out the numbers and when there was a pass off camera, the camera never moved until the play was over. Quite disappointing for what I thought was a reputable site.
It’s crazy an app i had to pay to get access to was a worse experience than a guy streaming live on YouTube for free. I was trying to watch both games yesterday at once but it was too difficult. You look away from NFHS for 30 seconds and are completely lost in the game.

Rain your wasting your time on him hes been around too long and thinks he is the end all be all and he aint. hes short fused when it doesnt go his way and just cranky. king george did varina a favor by putting them out because a team like salem would embarrass them. king george doesnt need validation from an opponent like them its still ahead of them. good luck foxes im impressed.
whew we've regressed to the adolescent antics over a game -- you got it boss have a great holiday weekend as I said before. I will say I expected more from you in terms of commentary and a rebuttal about why Varina lost compared to what posters spoke about during the week rather than a ducking, hiding, and reverting to this type of rhetoric. What happened out there today, were the posters right who said KG has too much on offense and Varina offense has too little? Nobody disputed the defense of Varina but the offense would be their achilles from what's been covered.
It’s not bo’s fault as some ppl on here have elevated his ego so high over the years he can’t see straight. The fact that nobody called a grown man out for using a mom joke is pathetic. Rain stay out of the slop and don’t play his childish game. Just sad

It’s not bo’s fault as some ppl on here have elevated his ego so high over the years he can’t see straight. The fact that nobody called a grown man out for using a mom joke is pathetic. Rain stay out of the slop and don’t play his childish game. Just sad

Every man learns that nothing is really a big deal unless you make it a big deal.

It isn't being outcoached the players are getting out played on the field, the X's and O's only can do so much I read and watched you snarl at anyone who thought Varina wouldn't be in this game and make it competitive or shock the posters and win out right. But as ME and other posters noted, Varina offense leaves too much to be desired to outscore a team with arguably the best WR tandem in VA in the last 20 years maybe more. I said KG by 17 and you laughed at me, currently KG is up 10 and I don't see any way the Varina offense will keep them in the game and I echoed this sentiment all week. The Varina defense kept them in the game but as many of us alluded to all week you gotta be able to score against the teams who have an offensive juggernaut. Varina will be back next year but this year wasn't theirs it looks like it will be a KG/Phoebus vs Salem

As i said all week doesn’t matter if how great the defense is if the offense can’t score points . A juggernaut offense with a avg defense beats a juggernaut defense with a below avg offense. Not saying Varina offense is a below average one but they leave too much to be desired.
Varina needs a new offensive coordinator, all that talent wasted. All that speed that Varina has on the field and no plays to utilize that speed. Discipline is a part of coaching and this team had no discipline too many penalties all yearThis game was King George 17 Varina 14 with minutes left in the game, Varina was called for unsportsman conduct and the ball was moved another 15 yards to King George 15 this was a very close game to the end. Congratulations to King George and their coaching staff good luck next week

Varina needs a new offensive coordinator, all that talent wasted. All that speed that Varina has on the field and no plays to utilize that speed. Discipline is a part of coaching and this team had no discipline too many penalties all yearThis game was King George 17 Varina 14 with minutes left in the game, Varina was called for unsportsman conduct and the ball was moved another 15 yards to King George 15 this was a very close game to the end. Congratulations to King George and their coaching staff good luck next week .

A real good friend of mine is a high school football referee and he was saying that a lot of the games have been decided by the referees and I agree with him 100%
Just like at the King George and Varina
game a player for King George swung and punch a Varina player people in the stands were saying bye bye because that's automatic ejection when the coaches question the no call I think it was eight referees on the field and they said they didn't see it. He was also telling me that Armstrong got robbed bad officiating and the NFL is even getting worse that's why I first see it is so important

A real good friend of mine is a high school football referee and he was saying that a lot of the games have been decided by the referees and I agree with him 100%
Just like at the King George and Varina
game a player for King George swung and punch a Varina player people in the stands were saying bye bye because that's automatic ejection when the coaches question the no call I think it was eight referees on the field and they said they didn't see it. He was also telling me that Armstrong got robbed bad officiating and the NFL is even getting worse that's why I first see it is so important
Armstrong got robbed, for sure. I don’t think it was malicious though, not that it makes it any better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT