ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Goes Down In OT

i just dont want any belly aching if we beat yall this year. I want yall to be healthy. thats all i keep hearing from Amherst fans about last year. "we wasnt healthy"
yal have 1500 students compared to our 700. Yalls reserves supposed to beat us down. yall have double the population to make a team, but 2 players wasnt in game and i hear "thats why we loss."

Hate to knit pick but Amherst numbers are at 1290 they've dropped in recent years. Im sure it will rise again there building bunch of house in county

Hate to knit pick but Amherst numbers are at 1290 they've dropped in recent years. Im sure it will rise again there building bunch of house in county
thats still 500 extra students ya can make a team with. I bet Amherst could make 2 teams that would be competitive in 1A and 2A with their student population.

Student population means squat, ask Halifax and Franklin County how that is working out. If there are not athletes in the building it doesn't matter if it is 1a or 6a, you are not going to win.

Reactions: wikki
Wow, I just hope he doesn't get reinjured and have lifelong problems and pain, like you've obviously had, 6×!!

If he actually fractured his ankle, 2 more weeks seems like an extremely fast return. He injured it September 30 and you think he would be out only 2 more weeks, returning October 28th? I know young people heal fast especially in sports, but that seems amazing if it's actually fractured. That seems like a 6-8 week recovery time at minimum. Did he have surgery? I'm just curious, I hope he can return quickly and not have any lingering issues.
Hey Mike.I talked to him and some of his teammates an they're hoping for the last game of year.I heard there is no swelling and its much different than last year.I did hear someone else say 1st week of playoffs,I say the truth is somewhere in the middle.If i'm not mistaken a Appo return would be the 5th week after the injury,its possible.I wouldn't play him until playoffs.

Last edited:
Student population means squat, ask Halifax and Franklin County how that is working out. If there are not athletes in the building it doesn't matter if it is 1a or 6a, you are not going to win.
Exactly you have to have the athletes. There are many larger schools than have not had the success as Amherst or smaller schools than Amherst

Hey Mike.I talked to him and some of his teammates an they're hoping for the last game of year.I heard there is no swelling and its much different than last year.I did hear someone else say 1st week of playoffs,I say the truth is somewhere in the middle.If i'm not mistaken a Appo return would be the 5th week after the injury,its possible.I wouldn't play him until playoffs.
Just don't let him play defense as well

The big deal is getting the kids(athletes) to come and play. A lot of kids refuse to play because they do not like the coaches or the politics involved in playing time.

Amherst student numbers might be declining because they are transferring to LCA when the recruitment package is to good to turn down. Being sarcastic.

Reactions: hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT