ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst JV game with Salem cancelled

That's going to make a hard job even harder for new ACHS coach. Not everyone who got ran off will come back, they're going to have depth issues for a few years.

That's going to make a hard job even harder for new ACHS coach. Not everyone who got ran off will come back, they're going to have depth issues for a few years.
Not true at all. They may not have depth this year but if kids like the coach and buy into the program, numbers will go up. Also, GW’s middle school team only takes 25 kids. Kids who don’t make the team still come out the following year for JV and Varsity. Kids will come out. They just gotta get the right man to lead the kids.

We can only wait and see. I just want to be positive for the kids.

Reactions: SpartanForce
I believe they already canceled the first 3 Jv games
Not looking good..Remember a great program starts from the bottom and not the top.Until we find somebody that recognized that Amherst football will have major issues.Its crazy that some people blame the lack of J.V players on Porter.Our numbers was dropping way before Porter got there.

Not looking good..Remember a great program starts from the bottom and not the top.Until we find somebody that recognized that Amherst football will have major issues.Its crazy that some people blame the lack of J.V players on Porter.Our numbers was dropping way before Porter got there.
It's the ADs fault. Word was Amherst football shutdown when Phillips resigned.

Last edited:
It's the ADs fault, Word was Amherst football shutdown when Phillips resigned.
catchtds you're correct but everyone wants to blame Porter.Everyone wants to put a smile on their face and keep deflecting the real problem..Ok lets remain positive and let these kids try and compete with the the deck stack against them..

Reactions: catchtds
catchtds you're correct but everyone wants to blame Porter.Everyone wants to put a smile on their face and keep deflecting the real problem..Ok lets remain positive and let these kids try and compete with the the deck stack against them..
Everyone is not blaming Porter but he surely didn’t help matters. The numbers had dropped off some but players quit because of him

As far as I know Amherst has always had a jv team since I've been following area football.

Reactions: wikki
Everyone is not blaming Porter but he surely didn’t help matters. The numbers had dropped off some but players quit because of him
If you look at other threads on here, several schools are down in numbers and no Jv

Some schools with no football team at all. Some private schools have dropped to 8 man football. Participation is down in different areas across the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT