ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an 0-6 team can score like that on JF, they will struggle in the playoffs

Great effort. I was shocked, I thought you guys were going to pull that out!

Forest gives up points but understand they held the lancers to 0 points as they rolled up a quick 45, in the final 15 minutes of the game. Defense might’ve been shaky or nonexistent early but they came to life and stifled the lancers.

If an 0-6 team can score like that on JF, they will struggle in the playoffs
Not that’s its acceptable but it’s kind of hard to “get up” for a game like that. Hats off to the Amherst kids they played with a lot of heart. However, it was pretty evident that JF came out really flat. When they realized that their season was about to be ruined they went on a 45 to 0 point run.... we know what the boys are capable of when they pour it on. Again.... that’s not acceptable and not what championship teams do. But it should be noted.

Last edited:
Forest gives up points but understand they held the lancers to 0 points as they rolled up a quick 45, in the final 15 minutes of the game. Defense might’ve been shaky or nonexistent early but they came to life and stifled the lancers.
Amherst also turned the ball over, one was very questionable. Christmas made the adjustments. Amherst also hasn’t scored much this year so that was good for them. They are improving

Amherst also turned the ball over, one was very questionable. Christmas made the adjustments. Amherst also hasn’t scored much this year so that was good for them. They are improving
Turnovers are forced by defense

Not that’s its acceptable but it’s kind of hard to “get up” for a game like that. Hats off to the Amherst kids they played with a lot of heart. However, it was pretty evident that JF came out really flat. When they realized that their season was about to be ruined they went on a 45 to 0 point run.... we know what the boys are capable of when they pour it on. Again.... that’s not acceptable and not what championship teams do. But it should be noted.

It’s the Seminole district, you better “get up” for every game. Coming out flat will put you in jeopardy. JF answered in the face of adversity. Shows they have the fortitude to come back. Good for the playoff resume.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Even though you lost, we are so proud of you. Up by 21 at one time. Could tell you started getting tired in the last quarter. At least you put a scare into JF. I will not say the things I didn’t like and it wasn’t Amherst.

So you are proud of a team that blew a 21 point lead with 15 minutes to go. But not only did you blow the lead you gave up 44 points in that time frame. What is it to be proud of. Its not lack of talent at Amherst it is lack of discipline and it has been that way for years. You must be one of those participation parents saying "everybody gets a trophy"

Reactions: Jags101
So you are proud of a team that blew a 21 point lead with 15 minutes to go. But not only did you blow the lead you gave up 44 points in that time frame. What is it to be proud of. Its not lack of talent at Amherst it is lack of discipline and it has been that way for years. You must be one of those participation parents saying "everybody gets a trophy"
Seriously!? I am proud of them because of what they have been through this year. This is their third coach for this season, not their fault at all. They have played their hearts out and still playing as a team. You know nothing about their discipline this year. In the past, that was the case but not this year. As far as you little smart as&& comment about the participation trophy, I totally do not believe in that at all. I’m just giving these kids credit for their fight in these games. They have discipline and are playing as a team, the coaches are great and are doing the best with what they were handed so close to the beginning of the season. Yes I am PROUD of them

Last edited:
t
Seriously!? I am proud of them because of what they have bee through this year. This is their third coach for this season, not their fault at all. They have played their hearts out and still playing as a team. You know nothing about their discipline this year. In the past, that was the case but not this year. As far as you little smart as&& comment about the participation trophy, I totally do not believe in that at all. I’m just giving these kids credit for their fight in these games. They have discipline and are playing as a team, the coaches are great and are doing the best with what they were handed so close to the beginning of the season. Yes I am PROUD of them

Yes poor discipline. I have looked at the stat line in every Amherst game and you are the most penalized and usually commit the most turnovers (which both of those stats fall in line with poor discipline). They need a coach that is not going to baby them and tell them what they want to hear.

t

Yes poor discipline. I have looked at the stat line in every Amherst game and you are the most penalized and usually commit the most turnovers (which both of those stats fall in line with poor discipline). They need a coach that is not going to baby them and tell them what they want to hear.
Neither of these coaches baby them.

Goodness, get off Wikki's back. What does it matter to you if she or anyone else is proud of them. You seem bitter about something to do with Amherst.

Whether they made all these mistakes or not, we are talking about KIDS. Kids that have been through A LOT this season it would seem like, they haven't won a game and was up big on one of the teams that is considered a contender from what I have read.

So they got beat in the end. They arent your feelings to be telling others about how they should feel. There are just times that how you feel isnt how someone else feels.

@wikki feel however you want

Amherst is a team that doesn't think it can win but forgot about that for the 3/4 of the game. They have talent and determination that they showed for almost 3 quarters. The game was over when JF came within a touchdown then they completely gave up when JF went ahead. Ross even started joking with some of the JF players.

I mean at least @wikki supports the program win lose or draw, there was a lot to be proud of as a road team they held one of the top teams in the Seminole maybe 4A for 3 quarters approximately. No they didn’t win but they certainly made you think twice about what they could do. Yes they have a lot to improve upon but 3 coaches in 6/7 weeks of the season is a lot.

Everyone keeps saying Amherst lacks discipline how are they any different from any other team full of high school kids?
The last couple of years they didn’t have any and it wasn’t good. However, this year I see a difference and heard the coaches speech to them. I was there. Gave them praise for what they have been though but also said that last year, that non-sense was over. They have them a very tough speech. Yes sir! was the response. I see players from all teams acting up and taunting each other. I will praise them for playing with all heart Friday night. They put a scare to JF and anyone says different, well then you are an idiot

I mean at least @wikki supports the program win lose or draw, there was a lot to be proud of as a road team they held one of the top teams in the Seminole maybe 4A for 3 quarters approximately. No they didn’t win but they certainly made you think twice about what they could do. Yes they have a lot to improve upon but 3 coaches in 6/7 weeks of the season is a lot.
I believe fans will see something different Friday night. Go Lancers

Hey Wikki, have the Amherst Ladies made a deal to furnish the hospitality room this year at LU?

Reactions: wikki
The last couple of years they didn’t have any and it wasn’t good. However, this year I see a difference and heard the coaches speech to them. I was there. Gave them praise for what they have been though but also said that last year, that non-sense was over. They have them a very tough speech. Yes sir! was the response. I see players from all teams acting up and taunting each other. I will praise them for playing with all heart Friday night. They put a scare to JF and anyone says different, well then you are an idiot
Good deal. Phillips must have been bad for the kids?!

Good deal. Phillips must have been bad for the kids?!
Just the last couple of years he probably knew he was out and the players had no discipline. I even had a ref tell me that the kids ran the show, not good. That changed this year, trust me. That coaches speech scared me, lol

Just the last couple of years he probably knew he was out and the players had no discipline. I even had a ref tell me that the kids ran the show, not good. That changed this year, trust me. That coaches speech scared me, lol
Did the same ref or different ref tell you it changed?

In the Seminole I always thought bville was that way. They always had extra curricular activity since I've been old enough to understand what little bit I do about football.

Amherst administration is definitely hosting, we are waiting to see what LU is doing for the hospitalty, more than likely we will be there. If so, I hope Dinwiddie is there. Taco soup on the way
Well I'll be there, even if Dinwiddie isn't. But getting up there without a proper pass is next to impossible. If you see me climbing up and over the railing, don't call the cops please!

Reactions: 1Gensfan and wikki
Nothing wrong with the outcome of the game. Amherst isn't a great team this year and JF is, the result is probably better than many would have thought it's just the way they got to that point that was a little surprising. You play that game 10 times and they're probably going to lose all 10 and this was simply the best case scenario.

Amherst has a higher SOS than most 0-fer schools you see but their record is still what it is and on this level, you very rarely see a team like that take it to a team of JF's caliber period. Upsets are ultra-rare in such a scenario, this isn't like college where there's more parity. They gave all they had to give and it wasn't enough, that's the reality a lot of the times. There's a huge difference between losing because your team didn't have their heads in the game and losing because the other team was simply better over the whole 48 minutes.

Amherst is a team that doesn't think it can win but forgot about that for the 3/4 of the game. They have talent and determination that they showed for almost 3 quarters. The game was over when JF came within a touchdown then they completely gave up when JF went ahead. Ross even started joking with some of the JF players.
How do you know what Amherst kids think.I talked to them everyday and they think they can win every Friday.To say Amherst gave up is somewhat small,especially from someone I enjoy on Preps.Christmas made the adjustments and the better team won.We didn't have practice,7x7 or any kind conditioning this summer.Hell we had to change offense again last week.What do you expect in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Why does it matter what Wikki is proud of?

How do you know what Amherst kids think.I talked to them everyday and they think they can win every Friday.To say Amherst gave up is somewhat small,especially from someone I enjoy on Preps.Christmas made the adjustments and the better team won.We didn't have practice,7x7 or any kind conditioning this summer.Hell we had to change offense again last week.What do you expect in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
These kids do think they can win, they come every Friday night pumped and ready to play. They play with heart. They have been through so much this year and that’s a lot to overcome

In the Seminole I always thought bville was that way. They always had extra curricular activity since I've been old enough to understand what little bit I do about football.

What extra curricular activity did they have? What personal fouls did they have? Outside of the Blacksburg game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT