ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst vs. EC Glass who wins?

Who wins and why?

• Amherst

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • EC Glass

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Man this vote is tight. Is closeness a result of fan favorites or am I missing something? Can someone Seminole District shed some light on why this game is expected to be a toss up.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Because Glass spent a little time struggling with Halifax and their fans were open about the struggles so people immediately think "upset".

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Thanks to both of you. The score was 24-7 in their first meeting, so I thought maybe someone or something may have changed.
@Lionheart, I know the Lancers are a sound team; however, Glass beat 3-4 of those teams.
The first game was played in early October. Was it close throughout? Glass is a #1 seed with it's lone loss to a 9-2 Heritage team. @1MoreHokie I get your point, but a 17 point swing against a top seed is both a tough sell and thought provoking. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
@BleedingNavy..The 1st game Glass just played big boy ball aganist us and grinded the game out...Our best defensive player(#1) was out so hopefully he can make a difference this time and give us chance..I expect Glass to win by a few TDs if Glass play the way they should..

Thanks Lionheart. I hope all is well with you. I am glad your Lancers are playing sound football. You told everybody to be patient. The future is bright for your young men. Good luck.
Good Luck to Dinwiddie also...I don't post much anymore cause of the backlash of some on this board...You,,DinwiddieProud and Mike Salem is the best...I really enjoy listening to..

If Amherst had a more consistent offense this would be a one score game, I think. Their O just seems prone to disappearing at the times they need it the most and they'll need it all game against Glass. Glass doesn't have a world-beater offense. In all 5 of Glass' games against top opponents (LB, Heritage, Amherst, Brookville, LCA) they scored 28, 0, 24, 23, and 26 points. Good, not great output. If a team can get them into a shootout I don't believe Glass has the horses to win. The issue is Glass' D has yet to be put in such a situation having surrendered 14, 12, 7, 21, and 14 points in those same contests.

If an offense can force Glass to have to spend all four quarters answering them in return, they'll beat Glass. Just don't think Amherst has that capability.

If Amherst had a more consistent offense this would be a one score game, I think. Their O just seems prone to disappearing at the times they need it the most and they'll need it all game against Glass. Glass doesn't have a world-beater offense. In all 5 of Glass' games against top opponents (LB, Heritage, Amherst, Brookville, LCA) they scored 28, 0, 24, 23, and 26 points. Good, not great output. If a team can get them into a shootout I don't believe Glass has the horses to win. The issue is Glass' D has yet to be put in such a situation having surrendered 14, 12, 7, 21, and 14 points in those same contests.

If an offense can force Glass to have to spend all four quarters answering them in return, they'll beat Glass. Just don't think Amherst has that capability.
Agree

@BleedingNavy..The 1st game Glass just played big boy ball aganist us and grinded the game out...Our best defensive player(#1) was out so hopefully he can make a difference this time and give us chance..I expect Glass to win by a few TDs if Glass play the way they should..
I have always said it's hard to beat a good team twice. I didn't see the first game but if Amherst can limit unforced errors and control the ball, they can definitely win the game.

Good Luck to Dinwiddie also...I don't post much anymore cause of the backlash of some on this board...You,,DinwiddieProud and Mike Salem is the best...I really enjoy listening to..
Don't worry about what people say. You are a well respected poster, so keep posting. I quit for a while too, but everybody has been very pleasant this year. Some really good football discussions which I thoroughly enjoy. God bless you sir.

Thank you sir, for both the good wishes for Dinwiddie, and for your kind words. As BN said, this year has been a fresh start for all of us. I made my share of inappropriate comments, for which I apologize. This has been a fun year again, just talking football, with a little good natured teasing mingled in. It’s great seeing so many of the old faces reappear. LOL, I’m still waiting for old Shantclair to show up.

It’s great to hear from you and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks to both of you. The score was 24-7 in their first meeting, so I thought maybe someone or something may have changed.
@Lionheart, I know the Lancers are a sound team; however, Glass beat 3-4 of those teams.
The first game was played in early October. Was it close throughout? Glass is a #1 seed with it's lone loss to a 9-2 Heritage team. @1MoreHokie I get your point, but a 17 point swing against a top seed is both a tough sell and thought provoking. Good luck to both teams.
Look at the two games LCA and Rustburg have played.
First game LCA 56-6
Playoffs LCA 27-16
Granted LCA win both games but look at how much closer the game was. Good example of how different the game can be

I would agree scores can change, but wasn't LCA without their stud rb Gideon Davidson in the second game? Was the return of or loss of a certain player the justification for people believing there would be swing this time around. I agree that it is hard to beat a team twice in season. Despite challenges on offense Glass has played fairly well all year and Amherst has been a bit inconsistent. Was simply curious and trying to get a discussion going. I think I accomplished my goal. Lol

I would agree scores can change, but wasn't LCA without their stud rb Gideon Davidson in the second game? Was the return of or loss of a certain player the justification for people believing there would be swing this time around. I agree that it is hard to beat a team twice in season. Despite challenges on offense Glass has played fairly well all year and Amherst has been a bit inconsistent. Was simply curious and trying to get a discussion going. I think I accomplished my goal. Lol
With Gideon, LCA is exceptional. Without him, they’re just good, nothing special.

Thank you sir, for both the good wishes for Dinwiddie, and for your kind words. As BN said, this year has been a fresh start for all of us. I made my share of inappropriate comments, for which I apologize. This has been a fun year again, just talking football, with a little good natured teasing mingled in. It’s great seeing so many of the old faces reappear. LOL, I’m still waiting for old Shantclair to show up.

It’s great to hear from you and we look forward to hearing more from you.
He probably will when Courtland wins the Battlefield again or Coach Hall is no longer the coach at Courtland.

• Haha
Reactions: FoxesPride
Sure to be a good game for sure. Unless Christmas is going to add some spread and throw the ball, I don't see them being able to consistently score on Glass' 4-4 defense. If you're one dimensional vs Glass, especially the run, it will be a long night. Amherst has athletes galore and they matchup well with Glass.

Glass offense hasn't been super efficient, but they can score points. Hopefully they get rid of this fumbling bug that has plagued them all year. Play the way they played vs Halifax, and they won't be able to come back so easily vs this good Amherst team. Glass needs to be able to run the ball out of the spread as well.

For Amherst to be successful in this game...
#1 Adjust. Whether that is personnel on the defensive side of the ball or adjusting to what the defensive is giving you. Christmas and co have struggled with this. You cant line up to a jumbo 12 personnel set with an extra lineman in the game to your 4-4 base defense and expect your defense to be able to stop the run when Glass is in that power I set.
#2 Get lined up. Plain and simple you gotta get lined up quick and be ready. They have been caught out of position before and it hurts. Also some of the alignments to different sets leaves much to be desired. They make up for it in athletic ability.
#3 Best players. It feels at times that the RB position is similar to what the hokies did under Fuente. Which left him without a job. In the wing t set leave your best playmakers on the field at all times unless they need a breather. They could easily have a 1k yard rusher and 2 700 yard rusher on the team with carries. The starters need to get into the groove of this big game and not be taken out mid series.
#4 Glass best player. They need to get a hat on #2 early and often. That guy makes glass go. If they can get him out of position the offense will thrive. Hell of a lb to be undersized.
#5 Keep emotions in check. It's a big game always has been always will be. That river is a sum b..h. they don't like us we don't like them let the pads do the talking.
I think Amherst has a chance in winning if they can do most of those things. Glass is a very good team but they can be beat. Amherst is not Halifax where they are going to throw it but all over but it's a very different offense to defend. Ole coach just can't convert back to traps when there are 9 men in the box and Amherst will make it very interesting. 20-14 Amherst.

Reactions: wikki
I’m wondering what changed from last year that glass lost 35-14 to Louisa and they are that much better this year

Could be off but I still have Louisa taking it to Glass(assuming they win tonight) again if they don't let Salem psych them out first.
I’m speaking mainly to the points system saying glass is the better team in the region and if the points don’t mean anything then why have them. So something must have changed from last year to this year

I’m speaking mainly to the points system saying glass is the better team in the region and if the points don’t mean anything then why have them. So something must have changed from last year to this year
Points is not a true determination of a team being better than another. Strength of schedule is not factored in or any other factors. But it is what it is to have a system in place for seeding only.

Reactions: falcettik
Points is not a true determination of a team being better than another. Strength of schedule is not factored in or any other factors. But it is what it is to have a system in place for seeding only.
How is SOS not a factor? You literally get points for your opponents wins and none for there losses.

That is what strength of schedule means. Your opponents are weak…hand on, are you messing with me?

That is what strength of schedule means. Your opponents are weak…hand on, are you messing with me?
That is exactly what sos means that’s my point so back to my original question what’s different about this yrs glass team

That is exactly what sos means that’s my point so back to my original question what’s different about this yrs glass team
They beat LCA this yr and lost to them last yr. That gave them more points due to beating a good team

Not the fans that wanted to watch glass on the NFHS Network. I got all my snacks together. Got my cozy cloths on. Typed in the website. Clicked the neccesary links for the game. Click on the Glass/Amherst County link and walla! A livestream of cars driving by an empty stadium. Bleh! Go Glass!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT