ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Vs GW Danville thoughts

Yea maybe from the idiots doing the hiring. Fans wanted one of Abell's assistant to take over. But the morons in power hired Philip an its been down hill from there.
I’m speaking of change when Phillips was there. No one wants to follow “the man” but Philips did. Only one person off of Abells staff had some success as a head coach, so what makes you think they would have there? Also, one of his former assistants had an opportunity to be apart of the “new” Amherst. They didn’t quite work out either. Love or hate a coach, but from what I can tell Phillips ran a clean program and did right by the kids and sent those who could and wanted to to college whether for football or else. I don’t have the answers but I am too old to be name calling especially people trying to do what is right. Amherst may never have the talent that come through when they made 4 straight title game appearances but a lot of people think it happens overnight and it does not.

Last edited:
They had good teams in that period. Would love to hear if Amherst fans think those teams were their best of all time because to even be in the discussion for a top 10 all time VHSL team I believe being the best Amherst team of all time would be a prerequisite.
I definitely think the 2007 was the team ever for Amherst. They also had the best coach then as well. Coach Abel
Combination of listening to the hype about G.W and awful week of practice for Lancers, I didn't see this coming.
exactly. I didn’t post anything about the game this week with GW. I got tired of reading the post.

Appreciate you bro. Would love to catch a game in Amherst this year and meet some of you good people. I’ll definitely back that way come playoff time.
I probably would have still gotten you that beer Bo🙂. Good luck to GW we will probably end up playing in the playoffs again.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I probably would have still gotten you that beer Bo🙂. Good luck to GW we will probably end up playing in the playoffs again.
Congrats on the win my guy! I have believed all summer that Amherst will be much improved. From what I saw tonight, they’ll be just fine going forward. VA football is good when Amherst is good.

I definitely think the 2007 was the team ever for Amherst. They also had the best coach then as well. Coach Abel

exactly. I didn’t post anything about the game this week with GW. I got tired of reading the post.
Thanks wikki. I figured it would be between that team and 95 squad with the question for debate being the different classifications the team played in. Congrats to Amherst and their fans on last night's win. Extremely disappointing to see how far a program once a perennial power in the highest classification has fallen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT