ADVERTISEMENT

Any Changes Occurring in the Battlefield District for this Upcoming Fall?

Wannabestudd0

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 11, 2009
Ive been away from the area too long and dont get the old, insiders information I used to get. Give me some updates on some changes.

Outside of a coaching change at SHS, schools and results will be the same. Courtland on top. Jayem should be the runner up, although they lost a lot from last years team. Chancellor could come in 2nd this fall they have a lot coming back but we all saw how the game went down in the Den last year, the gap between Courtland and everyone else is widening.

predicted finish
1. Courtland
2. James Monroe
3. Chancellor
4. King George
5. Spotsylvania
6. Caroline

Originally posted by RawMeat2005:
Outside of a coaching change at SHS, schools and results will be the same. Courtland on top. Jayem should be the runner up, although they lost a lot from last years team. Chancellor could come in 2nd this fall they have a lot coming back but we all saw how the game went down in the Den last year, the gap between Courtland and everyone else is widening.

predicted finish
1. Courtland
2. James Monroe
3. Chancellor
4. King George
5. Spotsylvania
6. Caroline
You kind of lose it here. Chancellor is only on their way back, return a lot and had a very talented Freshman QB last year that will only continue to grow. Thinking JM won't return another very talented, well Coached team full of speed and athletes is just NOT going to happen.

I won't dispute your order. It's as good an opinion as any other. But a gap? That's a leap of faith you're welcome to stand on your own with.

I know the others have talent but with all the weapons we return on offense, we really only lose Jenkins. JM has to replace QB top RB and WR your telling me they'll lose Eura, Scroggins and Johnson on O and compete with what Courtland has coming back. Then with Chancellor sure they have all those young kids back but do you really think they will close the 30+ point deference from last season? good luck.

We'll disagree here. Oliver went very young in 2013, starting 8 Freshmen. 2014 saw some improvement and a very young talent in Brown at QB. He has a gun and can run. And you're basing your statement on 1 game. Not enough for me to displace the tradition honed over more than a decade. Remember, Bob Oliver was Coach of the year in 4A not too many years ago. He knows what he's doing. That 30 point difference will be closed significantly, IMO.

JM does lose a lot. Scroggins was a great QB. Johnson a great receiver. The RB was OK but I can tell you they have a beast coming in at that position. I've been doing this a long time. Thinking JM isn't going to reload like they do every year is a big mistake. The game at Maury this year will be another dog fight. It always is between these two area rivals who are evenly split over the last decade they've been playing at 5 - 5.

And you mentioned the Cougar loss of Jenkins. You do know the Wing doesn't run without a good FB, don't you? Don't worry, like JM, they'll find one and reload. Same thing they've done every year over the last decade. Frankly, I think they'll move Cheathum to that position. He is one strong dude that runs with attitude and IMO, the best RB on last year's squad. He'd make a good one.

GL, next season. You know who I'll be rooting for. Since I moved to Maryland, I might even get a chance to attend some games. WooHoo!

This post was edited on 3/24 12:13 PM by shauntclair

Maneuver,

Here you go (link below).....regarding Eddie Hanyes.

Heard through the rumor mill that you landed at as OC at Briar Woods? Is there truth to this? If so, congrats!

http://www.fredericksburg.com/sports/fls_varsity/high-school-notebook-veteran-coach-to-direct-james-monroe-offense/article_63675bd6-c868-11e4-a8f6-cf74b104cdcd.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT