ADVERTISEMENT

Any details from Albemarle/Patrick Henry game?

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I found this result to be a little surprising, I felt like PH would win this one, based off what I have heard about both teams.

Thanks for the link, after reading the article, I can honestly I never expected that lol... PH goes up 21-0, then Albemarle comes back takes the W. Sounds like it was a fun game.

How do you think they will match up with your Lions this week? Any predictions there?

Albemarle has given Louisa fits the last two years, winning 21-0 and then losing 42-35 last year. I think that continues this week, as I can see Anderson and Tyquan Rose having a good game. Last year Albemarle ran a no-huddle hurry-up offense, and I'm not sure if they're doing it this year. If they haven't, I won't be surprised if they unleash it against Louisa. However, Louisa's hurry-up offense and offensive line will be the best Albemarle has seen so far, and might see all year, and I don't think the Patriots will be able to keep up for a full game. Job Whalen is the new Lion workhorse, carrying the ball over 80 times for over 400 yards in two games, but teams will not be able to key on him this year. Louisa's defense showed some improvement against King George, so if that continues, I think the Lions will win going away. If Louisa dominates the time of possession again like they did against KG, that should help even more. I'm predicting a 35-21 type of game.

Last edited:
Brandon Isaiah is a very good, young coach who easily connects with his players. I hope he sticks around for a while, because the enthusiasm for Albemarle football is back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT