ADVERTISEMENT

Any open games over Christmas break

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
Anybody know of any upcoming tournaments that need a team. I believe that Dan River is trying to look for another game since there is no Holiday Shootout this year.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Why is there no Danville Register Bee Tournament? What team is suspended?

Why is there no Danville Register Bee Tournament? What team is suspended?
Park View South Hill season is no more because of their brawl at the Brunswick Tournament last week. Danville R&B Shootout is canceled because of funds. Costed GW too much money to play at Averett. I've heard from several coaches that said that they didn't want to play the tourney at GW because of home cooking. Guess they got their wish for this year.

Reactions: AntGZee
I think the punishment in the Park View case was way over the top. Suspensions are fine and I support some type of action. Taking away an entire season especially for the players who didn't participate in the fight is not fair at all. They should review the situation and hand out appropriate suspensions. If a player threw punches or assaulted a person in any way...they should be gone for the year. I have a feeling this will be looked at again. Whoever made this decision went to the extreme and should have thought it out a bit more. You can't reward bad behavior but....you can't overreact either.

That's true indeed leemen. Martinsville and GW Danville had a fight occur during their game 2 years ago. The appropriate suspension were handed out. My goodness, to cancel a whole season is way too much.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT