ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah Games on Tap for Wednesday/Thursday

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The snow has led to some schedule changes for area teams, although in one case the game in question was already a Wednesday game. So there are no games tonight (Tuesday) but there are three on tap for either Wednesday or Thursday and then there will be a fresh slate on Friday that we will address then. So here is your Wednesday/Thursday schedule...

Fort Defiance at Staunton (moved from tonight to Wednesday): As I had hinted at last week, I think the Indians will get their comeuppance in this one. If they want to run with The Storm, they will meet their match, but what I really expect to happen is that Staunton will have the defense to slow the pace down and win the game in that fashion. It will be a Storm win for sure but I expect a 60s-50s kind of game as opposed to a 90s-80s pace.

Stuarts Draft at Wilson (already scheduled for Wednesday): This is actually planned as a boy/girl quadruple header. I see the boys varsity game as a complete toss-up because they look evenly matched to me and they also have had a tendency over the years to win on each other's floor. Wilson will still be smarting from the larger than expected loss to Staunton and might just win this one out of anger. Also, SD had an unusually close game at Waynesboro recently, so maybe they are not so solid away from home after all. I will go with Wilson to win a nailbiter but nothing will surprise me with this one.

Riverheads at Buffalo Gap (moved from tonight to Thursday): Talk about two teams that need a win!!! If I am not mistaken the Gap has been manhandled in its last three district games by an average of around 35 points. RHS on the other hand had a decent second-half effort against Wilson, scored 82 on the Fort as compared to the Bison's 64, but then had that unbelievable loss to Waynesboro Friday. So needless to say, the confidence level for each team needs a boost. Because of the intense rivalry, getting "up" for the game will not be an issue. Riverheads won the first time around (a holiday tournament game at Riverheads) by just a single point, so the Gap might be favored at home. But you know the drill...I have to go with the Big Red. Expect a close knock down, drag out affair with lots of howling at the refs......would we have it any other way????

Waynesboro was scheduled to be off anyway but will of course swing back into action Friday.

The Staunton/Fort game should be exciting.

Need to see what all 3 school divisions do with the snow, melting and then near zero windchill for Wednesday.

Fort at Staunton game has now been moved to Thursday night. With Augusta County schools closed on Wednesday, the Wilson/Stuarts Draft quadruple header might also be in danger, but as of now, those games are still on the schedule.

Also just read that Waynesboro was supposed to be playing Harrisonburg on Thursday but that now shows as being canceled. That might mean it will not be made up since it would have been a non-district game.

Just read that the SD/WM quadruple header has also now been moved to Thursday. So to put it another way, the entire Tuesday slate of games has now become a THURSDAY slate of games. But no one will have time to enjoy their victories or recover from their defeats because then it will be time to plan for the FRIDAY games, although more snow is being mentioned for then. Guess we all got spoiled by not having to deal with much of this kind of stuff last winter!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT