ADVERTISEMENT

Any valley programs in danger in the coming years?

Aug 17, 2005
I wanted to throw it out there to others on here and ask if anyone thinks any of the valley district schools are in danger of not having the numbers to field a team in the foreseeable future (like Manassas Park and others this year). I know it seems to be an issue statewide, in certain schools. I know some schools haven’t seen any drop off in numbers so I hesitate to say it’s a problem every where. The teams that I’ve watched in the valley, and the teams they’ve played, seem to have ok numbers. However it’s very hard to tell for sure how many are truly full time JV players who mainly come up just to dress on Friday nights. I would appreciate anyone’s input that wants to reply.

I wanted to throw it out there to others on here and ask if anyone thinks any of the valley district schools are in danger of not having the numbers to field a team in the foreseeable future (like Manassas Park and others this year). I know it seems to be an issue statewide, in certain schools. I know some schools haven’t seen any drop off in numbers so I hesitate to say it’s a problem every where. The teams that I’ve watched in the valley, and the teams they’ve played, seem to have ok numbers. However it’s very hard to tell for sure how many are truly full time JV players who mainly come up just to dress on Friday nights. I would appreciate anyone’s input that wants to reply.
hopefully the VHSL will try to remedy the situation with an alternative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT