ADVERTISEMENT

Any Word on Powhatan?

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
60 West has been very quiet in the offseason. Any word on their prospects for this season? Will they make another run at the playoffs?

If Maxpreps can be believed, they lost almost half their team to graduation. And these numbers tell me they can't have much depth.

Opening with Midlothian and Caroline, anything less that 2-0 spells big trouble. Because they will not win game number 3, Hopewell. They finish with 3 of 4 on the road, including at Louisa.

Based on just this info, if they make the playoffs, they are 1 and done.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
If Maxpreps can be believed, they lost almost half their team to graduation. And these numbers tell me they can't have much depth.

Opening with Midlothian and Caroline, anything less that 2-0 spells big trouble. Because they will not win game number 3, Hopewell. They finish with 3 of 4 on the road, including at Louisa.

Based on just this info, if they make the playoffs, they are 1 and done.

@DP beating Hopewell would be tough but not sure I would go that far. Didn't they upset them last year?

Yes sir, by a single point. And Hopewell has O and D line issues this year. But, I just don't think Powhatan can hang with the Blue Devils this year.

If in fact, they lost half their team to graduation, from a roster of 35, that's a hit.

Coach Jim Henderson said something on an interview tonight that often isn't obvious. When the coaching staff is tasked with replacing a large number of older veteran players, they have to spend an enormous portion of their efforts in teaching fundamentals and basic assignments. Conversely, with a solid core of returning seniors and veteran players, the staff gets to focus on fine tuning the team. It also means that early season games can be a crap shoot. (Especially special teams play). Until they get the right players doing the right things at the right time in the right place, every play is potential disaster.

Yes sir, by a single point. And Hopewell has O and D line issues this year. But, I just don't think Powhatan can hang with the Blue Devils this year.

If in fact, they lost half their team to graduation, from a roster of 35, that's a hit.

Coach Jim Henderson said something on an interview tonight that often isn't obvious. When the coaching staff is tasked with replacing a large number of older veteran players, they have to spend an enormous portion of their efforts in teaching fundamentals and basic assignments. Conversely, with a solid core of returning seniors and veteran players, the staff gets to focus on fine tuning the team. It also means that early season games can be a crap shoot. (Especially special teams play). Until they get the right players doing the right things at the right time in the right place, every play is potential disaster.

Where did you see tht interview?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT