ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the student enrollment numbers for D1

" Players on the team " , Yes you are right . It all comes down to the kids , not the coaches or the Time Keeper ! Must be better football players a few miles South of White Hill Road ! lol I hope Draft has a good season . Already got my ticket to Salem . I look for a rematch of last seasons Championship .
Can anyone predict who will be in Salem this far ahead of the season ?

I am a geography buff and as such I have found some of these enrollment figures interesting. So here are a couple of questions for people from SW Virginia........1) I noticed that some of the smallest schools in the state (Council, Honaker and Hurley) appear to be fairly close together. In fact, Council even has a Honaker mailing address. Since Council is sooooo small, why haven't those two schools been consolidated? and 2) I see also that Richlands, a very strong Group 2-A school is nearby. Why is its enrollment so much bigger?

" Players on the team " , Yes you are right . It all comes down to the kids , not the coaches or the Time Keeper ! Must be better football players a few miles South of White Hill Road ! lol I hope Draft has a good season . Already got my ticket to Salem . I look for a rematch of last seasons Championship .
Can anyone predict who will be in Salem this far ahead of the season ?

Here we go again with you disrespecting your own coach. If you dont think coaching has anything to do with Riverheads success then I cant help you. Of course the kids are the ones playing, but Casto and his great staff prepare those kids to play the way they do, thus creating all this animosity from far away where they are considered cheaters because the others cant win.

Its almost as if these guys who complain every week think that if it weren't for Riverheads that their team would win every year, in fact their team is better than Salem, De La Salle, etc. Nobody in the entire country could compete with them except in a 48 game against the biggest cheaters EVER. Riverheads really should be 12A. They are twice the size of TC Williams

Here we go again with you disrespecting your own coach. If you dont think coaching has anything to do with Riverheads success then I cant help you. Of course the kids are the ones playing, but Casto and his great staff prepare those kids to play the way they do, thus creating all this animosity from far away where they are considered cheaters because the others cant win.

Its almost as if these guys who complain every week think that if it weren't for Riverheads that their team would win every year, in fact their team is better than Salem, De La Salle, etc. Nobody in the entire country could compete with them except in a 48 game against the biggest cheaters EVER. Riverheads really should be 12A. They are twice the size of TC Williams
I am glad we agree !

Council is located in Buch. Co so they technically not allowed to attend Honaker which is in Russell. Buch. Co school consolidation would have to address issue of Council as they are isolated from remainder of county schools. With such rapid student loss in these areas it would be hard for schools to willingly give up enrollment which of course is tied to state funding.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I have managed to gain a picture of hidden students that Riverheads has so they can "cheat" according to some people on here. Of course all they do is whine about it, dont actually try to prove it. And again, as everyone knows, I very much dislike the Red Team. But I did you complainers work for you.

So without further ado, he is the one in Red and White, I.E. 2 of Riverheads colors.

kfc-findcolonel_adv_126_big.jpg

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I have managed to gain a picture of hidden students that Riverheads has so they can "cheat" according to some people on here. Of course all they do is whine about it, dont actually try to prove it. And again, as everyone knows, I very much dislike the Red Team. But I did you complainers work for you.

So without further ado, he is the one in Red and White, I.E. 2 of Riverheads colors.
I only asked about student counts I never mentioned Riverheads other people did ! Sorry they are associated with fraud numbers lol ! I will not stop get ready for a long season dealing with me.

I only asked about student counts I never mentioned Riverheads other people did ! Sorry they are associated with fraud numbers lol ! I will not stop get ready for a long season dealing with me.

You didn't have to, you have consistently done it over past few years. Like I said, I have a reason to dislike them, a rivalry, you just seem bitter.

Instead of whining about them, why dont you actually try to prove it. Just crying every month and saying you will keep doing it makes you look bitter, uninformed, and a troll

The 447(no mention by name :))is well represented at state semis for spring sports with 3 teams and expect to see them in the fall too. We will be talking about the 447 for a long time that's for sure. Success does lead to jealousy and bitterness for some, no names mentioned :).

I'm not bitter or jealous actually the way the system was allegedly manipulated by certain superior programs is quite amazing ! Salute LOL go win it all again this year ( boring)

Don’t know why anyone would think that Riverheads can not compete in are new district alignment we were the smallest school this year in Shenandoah district so nothing changes. Trutiger you not the only one that’s tired of us winning hell we can’t even get newspaper coverage half the time

Don’t know why anyone would think that Riverheads can not compete in are new district alignment we were the smallest school this year in Shenandoah district so nothing changes. Trutiger you not the only one that’s tired of us winning hell we can’t even get newspaper coverage half the time
I'm not against you winning I'm sure those kids work very hard to achieve the success they have , but the manipulation of were you should be playing is the question I blame the adults for the blemish that will always accompany the kids success at Riversheads. Just maybe the papers feel as if those championships are not fairly justified ,I guess do what's right and stop ring chasing lol its getting to be a bad look !

Well I guess it was about time this was brought up again.................what had it been.........two weeks maybe?..........

I'm not against you winning I'm sure those kids work very hard to achieve the success they have , but the manipulation of were you should be playing is the question I blame the adults for the blemish that will always accompany the kids success at Riversheads. Just maybe the papers feel as if those championships are not fairly justified ,I guess do what's right and stop ring chasing lol its getting to be a bad look !
Don't blame the adults, blame the 27.5 kids that they don't have anymore that took the number to 447. Less people working harder. Last I heard the cutoff was still 475 so 447 is not even the biggest anymore. Northampton is at 453. How is that working for them? It's not about the numbers. No blemish just rings.
Can you say 3 peat? Love you Tru.:)

Came across a very interesting news article about the Augusta County School System in Swva football blog LOL ! LOL !

I just tried this link and it gives me a message saying the link will not work. So either someone gave us erroneous information or else the Riverheads brain trust that is behind this horrible corruption that we have been reading about all these years has gotten so sophisticated that they have managed to block the rest of the world from reading this damaging expose.

I just tried this link and it gives me a message saying the link will not work. So either someone gave us erroneous information or else the Riverheads brain trust that is behind this horrible corruption that we have been reading about all these years has gotten so sophisticated that they have managed to block the rest of the world from reading this damaging expose.
Not sure why. Try the link under the next thread
NNK District Review. It just worked there for me.

The link should work now. I reposted it and checked it. Thanks.

Thanks. I did get it to work this time. So anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but each time Riverheads is mentioned in this article, it is in the context of students moving FROM the Riverheads district instead of INTO it. Now I know I got my math education at Riverheads, but to the best of my knowledge, if you take kids FROM a school, your numbers go DOWN and not UP.

Actually, now that you have brought this to our attention, I remember being at a Riverheads/Stuarts Draft basketball game this past season, and there was a kid playing for SD in his freshman year that had played for Riverheads in his eighth-grade year. Now of course he could simply have moved, but these boundary adjustments might have been the explanation for that change.

Oh well, it probably will not make any difference to some of the haters on here, but thanks for sharing this information with us.

Thanks. I did get it to work this time. So anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but each time Riverheads is mentioned in this article, it is in the context of students moving FROM the Riverheads district instead of INTO it. Now I know I got my math education at Riverheads, but to the best of my knowledge, if you take kids FROM a school, your numbers go DOWN and not UP.

Actually, now that you have brought this to our attention, I remember being at a Riverheads/Stuarts Draft basketball game this past season, and there was a kid playing for SD in his freshman year that had played for Riverheads in his eighth-grade year. Now of course he could simply have moved, but these boundary adjustments might have been the explanation for that change.

Oh well, it probably will not make any difference to some of the haters on here, but thanks for sharing this information with us.
You are right about haters will hate no matter what. I was watching the NBA Draft last night and every time the Golden State Warriors name was mentioned you heard nothing but boos. Why? Because they are winners. Kind of childish for high school, but keeps us old folks entertained. This isn't UVA vs Tech kind of stuff.

You are right about haters will hate no matter what. I was watching the NBA Draft last night and every time the Golden State Warriors name was mentioned you heard nothing but boos. Why? Because they are winners. Kind of childish for high school, but keeps us old folks entertained. This isn't UVA vs Tech kind of stuff.
( Old Folks ) ? Seems the smaller the number the better the team @ Riverheads ! Years when team numbers are lower it appears quality of players is better . Noticed this over the past 25 years . Anyone ?

The word is out on ( 4??) Three years ago makes since it lines currently, oh did you read the poster who commented that he was a part of the administration and knows first hand about the intentional deceit ? Post that comment please lol lol lol !

The word is out on ( 4??) Three years ago makes since it lines currently, oh did you read the poster who commented that he was a part of the administration and knows first hand about the intentional deceit ? Post that comment please lol lol lol !

Well I never saw that, but if that is true then that is the dumbest administration ever. Why would they get on a public message board and tell everyone they are doing something wrong? If the subject were brought up less frequently then it wouldn't look as bad to the ones bringing it up, but when you constantly bring it up and then bring up stuff like this it looks more like sour grapes

I will post that comment you're referring to, but if you keep making things up your new name will be falsetiger instead of trutiger. LOL
Here it is. On the SWVA message board a poster said the following, "My former boss left Galax to return to Augusta County about three and a half years ago. His father-in-law passed away so he moved back to take care for his elderly mother-in-law and parents. He grew up there and isn't a fan of the "manipulation taking place within the school system to give county schools as many opportunities as possible to compete on a state level". Those are his exact words in a recent letter to the editor". That is what was written. Where did you get that he was part of the administration and intentional deceit out of that? Stop it falsetiger! Can't wait to hear what's next falsetiger. Still love you though.
:)

Last edited:
I will post that comment you're referring to, but if you keep making things up your new name will be falsetiger instead of trutiger. LOL
Here it is. On the SWVA message board a poster said the following, "My former boss left Galax to return to Augusta County about three and a half years ago. His father-in-law passed away so he moved back to take care for his elderly mother-in-law and parents. He grew up there and isn't a fan of the "manipulation taking place within the school system to give county schools as many opportunities as possible to compete on a state level". Those are his exact words in a recent letter to the editor". That is what was written. Where did you get that he was part of the administration and intentional deceit out of that? Stop it falsetiger! Can't wait to hear what's next falsetiger. Still love you though.
:)

Why don't you either ask me for my quote or comment on the other message board? And if you're going to quote me, don't cherry-pick! This wouldn't keep coming up year after year after year if it weren't based in some fact!

The age of the article doesn't diminish its content. It only shows a willingness to rearrange school district boundaries going back several years. I honestly don't have skin in the game. I couldn't care less who plays in what classification. But I have been a frequent contributor on the SWVA board for several years. Folks over there know my reputation as being a realist. I call it like I see it, regardless of who it's about!

My point is this, either participate on the SWVA forum or leave me out of your pettiness on this forum! There is a reason why I don't participate often here. The SWVA forum has more integrity!

Reactions: The G-Man
Why don't you either ask me for my quote or comment on the other message board? And if you're going to quote me, don't cherry-pick! This wouldn't keep coming up year after year after year if it weren't based in some fact!

The age of the article doesn't diminish its content. It only shows a willingness to rearrange school district boundaries going back several years. I honestly don't have skin in the game. I couldn't care less who plays in what classification. But I have been a frequent contributor on the SWVA board for several years. Folks over there know my reputation as being a realist. I call it like I see it, regardless of who it's about!

My point is this, either participate on the SWVA forum or leave me out of your pettiness on this forum! There is a reason why I don't participate often here. The SWVA forum has more integrity!
OK. What's your quote? I took the part that was talked about word for word. That's not a cherry pick. Hard to mess that up. Only reason it was brought up was because Tru referenced it and most people on this board would never see it since they don't participate on the SWVA board. You even said you weren't sure if it was true but that your former boss seems convinced. Tru said the person was part of the administration involved. True or false? The quote mentioned nothing about administration. Just trying to make sure Tru states the truth, but please feel free to clear it up. Don't comment on SWGA because it's not my area but interesting to see people over there talk about this area quite often. Thanks for responding and certainly not trying to misquote, just clear things up.

Last edited:
OK. What's your quote? I took the part that was talked about word for word. That's not a cherry pick. Hard to mess that up. Only reason it was brought up was because Tru referenced it and most people on this board would never see it since they don't participate on the SWVA board. Tru said the person was part of the administration involved. True or false? The quote mentioned nothing about administration. Just trying to make sure Tru states the truth, but please feel free to clear it up. Don't comment on SWGA because it's not my area but interesting to see people over there talk about this area quite often. Thanks for responding and certainly not trying to misquote, just clear things up.
Point taken! Tru began this by misrepresenting my post on the other site. He should be called out for that as well. I don't know anyone from Augusta County public schools nor do I know anyone within its administration.

But it doesn't change the fact that you took a partial quote and represented it as a complete entity. True or false?

The conversation on the SWVA board began with discussion of LCA's participation in VHSL athletics. A recent newspaper article suggests they will be dropping to Class 3 for the next cycle. The original agreement between LCA and VHSL suggested they would be counted at 1.5:1 which would mean they would almost assuredly be playing up in competition. Either the original newspaper link provided in the forum on SWVASports.com was wrong or the recent article is inaccurate.

That lead to someone questioning Riverheads being at "474.5" for seemingly a decade. Riverheads is now significantly lower than that but not without county officials redrawing district boundaries to accomplish the lower ADM, which was the point of the linked article in the Augusta County newspaper. Nothing false or misleading about that statement.

It is what it is!

Blame me for Augusta County Mess lol!

I never mentioned the poster by name you did ? I never even pasted the quote you posted you did ?I never named anyone you did ? Little defensive about the manipulation I see. This tread started by asking only the enrollment numbers that's all but once again the quilty speaks lol. Hey hell I truly hope you 10 peat lol it doesn't matter that asterisk will always follow.

Si
OK. What's your quote? I took the part that was talked about word for word. That's not a cherry pick. Hard to mess that up. Only reason it was brought up was because Tru referenced it and most people on this board would never see it since they don't participate on the SWVA board. You even said you weren't sure if it was true but that your former boss seems convinced. Tru said the person was part of the administration involved. True or false? The quote mentioned nothing about administration. Just trying to make sure Tru states the truth, but please feel free to clear it up. Don't comment on SWGA because it's not my area but interesting to see people over there talk about this area quite often. Thanks for responding and certainly not trying to misquote, just clear things up.
Sixcat respectfully I never mentioned you the quilty did !

Blame me for Augusta County Mess lol!

I never mentioned the poster by name you did ? I never even pasted the quote you posted you did ?I never named anyone you did ? Little defensive about the manipulation I see. This tread started by asking only the enrollment numbers that's all but once again the quilty speaks lol. Hey hell I truly hope you 10 peat lol it doesn't matter that asterisk will always follow.
Tru, you're false again. Please stop! I never mentioned a poster by name or named names. Why do you make stuff up? When will it end?
Probably never, that's what keeps us going.:)

Point taken! Tru began this by misrepresenting my post on the other site. He should be called out for that as well. I don't know anyone from Augusta County public schools nor do I know anyone within its administration.

But it doesn't change the fact that you took a partial quote and represented it as a complete entity. True or false?

The conversation on the SWVA board began with discussion of LCA's participation in VHSL athletics. A recent newspaper article suggests they will be dropping to Class 3 for the next cycle. The original agreement between LCA and VHSL suggested they would be counted at 1.5:1 which would mean they would almost assuredly be playing up in competition. Either the original newspaper link provided in the forum on SWVASports.com was wrong or the recent article is inaccurate.

That lead to someone questioning Riverheads being at "474.5" for seemingly a decade. Riverheads is now significantly lower than that but not without county officials redrawing district boundaries to accomplish the lower ADM, which was the point of the linked article in the Augusta County newspaper. Nothing false or misleading about that statement.

It is what it is!

Never even looked at the LCA article referenced or posts associated with that, so maybe I did miss a lot there. Was only trying to work with the newspaper link about Augusta County and what Tru was referencing. My apologies for only partial then. Newspaper article here is what it is like you said. Thanks for reply.

Never even looked at the LCA article referenced or posts associated with that, so maybe I did miss a lot there. Was only trying to work with the newspaper link about Augusta County and what Tru was referencing. My apologies for only partial then. Newspaper article here is what it is like you said. Thanks for reply.

Hence my suggestion of "cherry-picking". No harm, no foul!

I expect nothing less. See you in Salem. Oh wait, you may not be there. Just kidding.

I'm not sure where Tru is from but we may very well see you in Salem on several occasions over the next few years! ;)

Hence my suggestion of "cherry-picking". No harm, no foul!

I'm not sure where Tru is from but we may very well see you in Salem on several occasions over the next few years! ;)
Could happen. I expect you (Galax) and Chilhowie to battle out West. Coach Dixon seems to do a really good job out there. I also read that he is now going to do basketball. RH and Essex should fight for the East again. Lots of stuff can happen to change that though. I think Tru is a Sussex Central Tigers person, but who knows.

Could happen. I expect you (Galax) and Chilhowie to battle out West. Coach Dixon seems to do a really good job out there. I also read that he is now going to do basketball. RH and Essex should fight for the East again. Lots of stuff can happen to change that though. I think Tru is a Sussex Central Tigers person, but who knows.

Dixon is taking over the basketball program this winter. He can be a bit brash and arrogant sometimes but nobody can deny his gift for getting the most out of his kids.

Speaking from a "realist" perspective as I mentioned earlier, the past two years have been the least talented teams Dixon has had. And he still managed to reach the state semifinals. I firmly believe the group coming through middle school now will be a different story.

This coming season may be a bit too soon for this group but keep an eye out for next season. This group will be something special!

Reactions: Scagmowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT