ADVERTISEMENT

Appo Raiders vs Radford Bobcats....Round 3

Who's your pick ?

• Appomattox Raiders

• Radford Bobcats

Results are only viewable after voting.
All depends on who wants it more ! Penalties and turnovers could be the factor. Both the kickers have a heck of a leg. Farris from Appo hit a 47 yarder. Sounds like Radford kicker has just as good of a leg.

A Gretna fan told me that Radford has improved since Bobcats played Gretna the first time. I have not seen Radford play, but I think Appomattox wins.

Reactions: Kimosabe5
Agreed. I’ll be surprised if they play Friday night with VT being at home. Talk about a traffic nightmare
Although, looking at the weather 6 days out, the forecast is rain Saturday. I think I’d rather endure traffic than have the game influenced by weather. Either way I see a close game decided in the 4th. Looking forward to this matchup

A Gretna fan told me that Radford has improved since Bobcats played Gretna the first time. I have not seen Radford play, but I think Appomattox wins.
Thought you were a Gretna fan Hampton Roads 6? Having seeing the game in persons would not say Radford has improved since the first meeting rather it was more of the poor coaching by the gretna coach.When you have probably the best 2A wide receiver Gretna has had in the past 10 years and he ends up with only 1 catch something is wrong with your offensive scheme.Not sure the coach even knows what a screen pass or a short pass is.They also had a 220 pound tight end who has very good hands however the only passes thrown to either one are 50 yard bombs whether they are open enough......

Thought you were a Gretna fan Hampton Roads 6? Having seeing the game in persons would not say Radford has improved since the first meeting rather it was more of the poor coaching by the gretna coach.When you have probably the best 2A wide receiver Gretna has had in the past 10 years and he ends up with only 1 catch something is wrong with your offensive scheme.Not sure the coach even knows what a screen pass or a short pass is.They also had a 220 pound tight end who has very good hands however the only passes thrown to either one are 50 yard bombs whether they are open enough......
I am with you on that ! Back in 79-80 when I was slinging it at appo we would run middle screen flat screens tight end screens if we had a screen door we put that in too , slants , flare pass , inside reverses , you just don’t ever see that much anymore ! We won the Seminole district when it was the old district with 10 teams .

In my opinion appo has improved every week , such a young team has really grown up.
I agree Stabler, Appo has improved each week for sure, Defense has really made strides. Offense not so much but still find a way to get it done. Ferguson is a pounder... Moving them chains is all it takes. Glad to see a few passes connect at the Glenvar game. Surely hope Smith keeps pulling them Aces out the hole when needed.

I watched some film on Maxpreps of Radford and #7 is legit and got another fast tough LB shooting the gaps. We need to pick up on that.

Why wouldn’t the VHSL try to neutralize the traffic and physical headaches on Friday by moving both high school games to Saturday. Those traveling could see less obstacles and I think there would be better turnout to the advantage of all involved. Seems as much as they may want for tradition, I would rather use a little forward thinking and the high school teams would all get at least a week to prepare and give their best with state aspirations on the line.

Why wouldn’t the VHSL try to neutralize the traffic and physical headaches on Friday by moving both high school games to Saturday. Those traveling could see less obstacles and I think there would be better turnout to the advantage of all involved. Seems as much as they may want for tradition, I would rather use a little forward thinking and the high school teams would all get at least a week to prepare and give their best with state aspirations on the line.
Possibly forecast? Still calling for rain Saturday in Radford.

Reactions: Triple Opt
I'm thinking Radford might have wanted it Friday to try to disway Raider fans from making the trip.

Reactions: HolyFrog
Radford will be the best defense Appo has played this season IMO. I don't see them running the same 3 plays and winning this game. With that, Radford's offense is still iffy but after watching Appo play twice this year, they do have some weak spots in the secondary. Radford wins 28-24.

Radford will be the best defense Appo has played this season IMO. I don't see them running the same 3 plays and winning this game. With that, Radford's offense is still iffy but after watching Appo play twice this year, they do have some weak spots in the secondary. Radford wins 28-24.
Radford won’t be the best defense the Raiders have seen. I doubt they’re better than Heritage. If Radford’s offense is iffy, they probably won’t get to 28. No one but Heritage has done that to the starters. I agree on the close game but lower scoring and decided late is my prediction. Hopefully the Raiders find a way.

I don’t believe radford has seen anything better than the raiders , can’t blame them for trying to change things up on game day and time , coach must be really worried as he should be , I don’t usually go out on the limb this early, been watching some film on radford and say they are very similar to gretna . Raiders will win this game on what ever day and time they want to play , raiders by 10

Reactions: radcats
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT