ADVERTISEMENT

Appo Raiders vs Radford Bobcats....Round 3

Who's your pick ?

• Appomattox Raiders

• Radford Bobcats

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congrats Radford for taking down Goliath and congrats Appo for the incredible run y’all have had the last 4 years, it’s nothing short of amazing. These two young programs will be at the top again the next few years, that’s for sure!

Last edited:
Congrats Radford for taking down Goliath and congrats Appo for the incredible run y’all have had the last 4 years, it’s nothing short of amazing. These two young programs will be at the top again the next few years, that’s for sure!

I'm not sure who the favorites will be in Region C next year. :). Can't count out a young and improving Gretna bunch and Glenvar is always a beast and Giles will be much better as they were very, very young. Region C will have 5 teams next year that may be 5 of the top 10 in the state in 2A.

Appo went way way further this Year than anyone expected during a year of rebuilding and fielding such a young team . Think about Appo returning about 95 percent of the team next year.

Now only if we can get someone in administration that can schedule games correctly so we wont be in the predicaments we get into...especially the last two years.

What predicament is that? Because you played Heritage and lost? That didn't seem to hurt last year, actually it probably helped in the end.

For Heritage this year, you got 17 points. Beating a Nelson team who usually wins 1-2 games a year nets you very little more. 2 win 2a team is 22 points, or the extra 5 points is a half a point in the end (ex. 21.5 vs 21.0 average rating).

In fact, with Rustburg and Heritage vs Staunton River and Nelson: 45 points this year for Rustburg/Heritage while you would have gotten 42 for wins and no competition over Staunton River and Nelson

Isn’t SR a dumpster fire right now? They aren’t what they were two years ago at the very least so beating them up will not test the talent Appo has.

They aren’t what they were thats for sure but I think they present more than Nelson will.
Not trying to down these programs, just stating what their levels have been the past years.

Completely agree, much respect to the players that come out and those that attempt to turn things around. I am speaking strictly from a competitive standpoint, it makes sense to challenge a team to mold them for adversity later.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Nelson is not a VHSL team, at least not last years or this. They play an independent schedule and are not part of any district. Unless that changes next year. Playing them does Appo no good.

At the time schedules are negotiated SR was opening cans of whoop butt. So based on their past your looking at taking on a very strong program.

At the time schedules are negotiated SR was opening cans of whoop butt. So based on their past your looking at taking on a very strong program.
Maybe I am foolish but I was thinking that most of these series for out of district are two year rotations. That said I know Riverheads is having trouble filling their schedule and will play Glenvar and Washington&Lee with another open date tbd. That said I was under the impression every is on the same rotation, maybe not.

Fuma didn't hurt or help, the game doesnt factor into points.

Received 17 for the loss to Heritage, had they beaten Heritage would have been 36. As things sat at the end of the season, Appomattox was 14 points behind Radford (actually a little less because of the 9 games, 14 would have passed them). That is 7 more wins by defeated opponents. That is a fair amount.

Or if you want to use Goochland as an example, just sliding them into FUMA spot, with a loss to Goochland the Raiders would have ended at 249 or 24.9. Beating Goochland, 269 or 26.9, still in 3rd.

Well I’m sure you know more how the points work than myself. Would like to see Goochland on our schedule though. Think that would be good competition for both teams.

Reactions: moto138
Well I’m sure you know more how the points work than myself. Would like to see Goochland on our schedule though. Think that would be good competition for both teams.

Not saying they wouldn't be great on the schedule, I would like to see it, I guess the comment about needing someone who knows how to schedule or whatever just seemed wrong to me. Because these things are done in advance, have to have both sides willing and available same weeks, while being able to project not only your team but the other team in the future. Sure, teams like Goochland and Riverheads are good year in and year out, you can be safe scheduling them, but what if you had teams like Amelia and Radford on the schedule and they had years like last year?

For Appomattox this year, since they are the ones being discussed, they would have been the 1 seed with a win over Heritage and everything else the same at 28.0.

If they were to have replaced FUMA with someone else, and still lost to Heritage, they would have to have beaten 9-1 5a team to have overtaken Radford

I noticed some people voted after the game was over because I checked after game and it had Appo winning on the percentages. That is ridiculous one would even cast a vote after the game (laughable) Whomever yall was you aren't no true football fan. I wouldnt allow me to drop the voting back to the day before the game. It said 7 days of voting when it was only like 4 days until the game... I tried to change it but it wouldnt allow me so I know some folks voted after. You should be ashamed of yourself you non football fan.... Get real.

Gunz, i was talking about scheduling a solid team instead of FUMA. I have no problem with Heritage being on schedule. Yes, i know it helped us with them being on schedule.

Gunz, i was talking about scheduling a solid team instead of FUMA. I have no problem with Heritage being on schedule. Yes, i know it helped us with them being on schedule.

Well depends on what you mean by solid. If you mean a team that could possibly beat you, then that could have its drawbacks, but a 2a team to give you extra power points, would need to be at least a 5 win team (28 points). Still wouldn't be enough to improve your seed.

I took your message about someone who knew how to schedule as in "knew how to schedule we would have been 1 seed and at home" but maybe I read it wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT