ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox 74 Gretna 62

When I was in school, girls basketball was in the fall (for 1A and 2A) and boys in the winter and volleyball was a winter sport. But I think it change thanks to field hockey or something. I remember this because my father did JV boys and girls at DR, and I think Gretna's Bob Locust may have coached the boys and the girls varsity teams.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
When I was in school, girls basketball was in the fall (for 1A and 2A) and boys in the winter and volleyball was a winter sport. But I think it change thanks to field hockey or something. I remember this because my father did JV boys and girls at DR, and I think Gretna's Bob Locust may have coached the boys and the girls varsity teams.
Same here and it was like that until early 2000s

Playing girls BB in fall was a dumb idea to begin with. BB is a winter sport. I wish VHSL would pass a rule that prevents boys and girls from playing same night. Schools are losing gate receipts by doing this. many fans want to attend both boys and girls games, but cannot do it under current setup.

I was told by a AD once that the reason they play on same nights is "it's easier on the ADs & Principals".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT