ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs. Chatham

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
So whats folks thoughts on this game? Chatham is clearly better than years past.
My son who plays for the Raiders is buddies through sports with Chatham's QB who I though looked pretty good last year.
The Dogwood (Rt. 29 District) seems to have better teams top to bottom than in the recent years.

Reactions: moto138
No vested interest but the loss to Dan River, Nelson and just squeaking by William Campbell tell me Appo rolls in this one. Chatham is much improved but do not have the horses to stay in this one long. Name your score game for the Raiders.

Im impressed
So whats folks thoughts on this game? Chatham is clearly better than years past.
My son who plays for the Raiders is buddies through sports with Chatham's QB who I though looked pretty good last year.
The Dogwood (Rt. 29 District) seems to have better teams top to bottom than in the recent years.
They
Im impressed and pleased to see them doing good this year,hopefully the improvement will continue and they will be a force to reckon with next year. Dogwood certainly has had some changes this year for the good i might add. Now if Altavista can perform better its going to be fun next year as i expect WC should be playing stronger next year.

I'm kinda surprised with William Campbell.
From the little film I've seen on Hudl they seemed to have made more critical errors. I get the feeling they are better than their record indicates.

All the indicators says the Raiders should be fine tonight but when youve done well like they have the past 4+ years everyone is looking to knock you down. They clearly have the bulls-eye on their back in the Dogwood.

Reactions: moto138
@Bo Bob, WC is talented with a solid QB that can spin it. I feel losing their WR's and two lineman hurt them so far. Mistakes happen and will lessen with experience but last year against Riverheads in the playoffs you could see the potential of what could be (score withstanding). They will be a force in the1A region B playoffs due to the tough schedule they play.

Back on topic, I think Chatham has out performed this years expectations and are ahead of projections. Next year will be a solid year as well with an even better shot in games like this. Still have to go with Appo big in this one.

Cool to see Chatham's progress. The JV team had won 3 games combined from 2016-2018 and right now are 7-1 after shutting out Appomattox last night 13-0. In 2 weeks they play Gretna (their only loss of the year in Game One 28-14 as the two played each other twice to make up for missed JV games). The WC game was big as QB (over 1900 passing yards last year and second team all region) was banged up and didn't complete a pass....so the Cavs ran for close to 350 against the Generals and won in overtime. So hopefully tide has turned

Dogwood has lots of offense, but defense is lacking for most teams. Appomattox probably has best defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT