ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Graham

Some of our people are checking out the lights at the park now and loving it. Also they had leftover food and donated it to the homeless shelter.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Prayers for safe travels for Appo folks headed to Bluefield today and for an injury free game for both teams! Good luck to both but 🤞 for a GMen victory!!!

Reactions: oldfool2
Prayers for safe travels for Appo folks headed to Bluefield today and for an injury free game for both teams! Good luck to both but 🤞 for a GMen victory!!!
Thanks and same for all the Graham fans, i'm heading out the door now heading your way.

I posted on SWVA
Congrats. Your D line was the difference although I thought we made good adjustments on D in second half to stop the gashing.
Two kick offs that went to the wrong side of the field…. Well he made us pay. Lol

I posted on SWVA
Congrats. Your D line was the difference although I thought we made good adjustments on D in second half to stop the gashing.
Two kick offs that went to the wrong side of the field…. Well he made us pay. Lol
One question? How do 2 kicks go to the wrong side of the field? Don't know about that.I would tend to believe that it was just a bad coaching decision.Just like the fourth down gamble which failed.That said, i had no dog in this fight, but believe graham was the best team by far............

Reactions: BC_Knights
One question? How do 2 kicks go to the wrong side of the field? Don't know about that.I would tend to believe that it was just a bad coaching decision.Just like the fourth down gamble which failed.That said, i had no dog in this fight, but believe graham was the best team by far............
According to Appo’s coach (in newspaper) they kicked to Bradshaw on purpose and said it was a bad coaching decision. The quotes are in the thread with the final scoreI believe your take is correct.

Don't think the character of this coach would allow him to lie.Thats not the type of person i would call a leader.Would be setting a very poor example.......
I think it would be a great and classy Doug Smith move to take heat for the kid. It's more in line with his character. I don't think it's a bad example. I think it's great leadership and character.

I think it would be a great and classy Doug Smith move to take heat for the kid. It's more in line with his character. I don't think it's a bad example. I think it's great leadership and character.
So evidently you think lying is ok as long as it involves a sport and a kid?If you believe that is classy then you also probably believe in santa claus

So evidently you think lying is ok as long as it involves a sport and a kid?If you believe that is classy then you also probably believe in santa claus
I wouldn't say it's lying. It's accepting accountability. Which is what I think a good coach should do instead of placing blame elsewhere.

I wouldn't say it's lying. It's accepting accountability. Which is what I think a good coach should do instead of placing blame elsewhere.
It's what leaders, the good ones, the great coaches, great leaders of our generation of done for ages. It's what separates them apart. Smith is a classy man.

According to Appo’s coach (in newspaper) they kicked to Bradshaw on purpose and said it was a bad coaching decision. The quotes are in the thread with the final scoreI believe your take is correct.

Im sure he didnt tell his kicker, hey kick it to Bradshaw. He probably told them, kick it deep, and it happened to go to Bradshaw. Heck he may have even said kick it to the other guy, but the kicker didnt execute.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Im sure he didnt tell his kicker, hey kick it to Bradshaw. He probably told them, kick it deep, and it happened to go to Bradshaw. Heck he may have even said kick it to the other guy, but the kicker didnt execute.
That's not only what Appo fans told me at Applebee's, they also told me they actually worked on exactly that in practice. Kicking the ball deep to the opposite side of Bradshaw, deep left side of the field.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT