ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Heritage

If last years team was one of the best teams that came through Appomattox and we squeaked by with at QB that was not their starter....it was 29-21 and came down to last minutes to decide the fate of that game. I told several coaches at appomattox that if they had a qb that could see the field last year....We would have got beat easily. That TE and several WRs was open all night long that game. They only wanted to throw it to WR Snead because the QB had tunnel vision. I call it the way it is. That is the reason Richlands scared me so much because if anyone seen Heritage vs Appo last year, they knew we had a weakness at DB.
Could not agree more sir. Moss did what he could but they took a step back without Anderson last year under center.
Heritage is very good this season and are loaded with experienced seniors. The offensive line is under rated as a group. Those guys are opening serious holes for Davis to fly through. And once he gets second level he is tough to almost impossible to stop. The Northside transfer is multidimensional and really gives the Pioneers a boost.
Appomattox has a community support that is tremendous. Some of the nicest fans anywhere. I've been in the press box laughing out loud as the announcer is an awesome and unique character. Graves and Scruggs get lots of attention and rightfully so. Watch out for Mann. As both the tight end and linebacker he can make things happen. It always seems their special teams finds a way to reload.
Should be a tremendous game and another packed house at the Bragg. I know I'm excited for this one. Good luck to both teams

Giles has a great stadium. I like it! I hear Richlands has the best though in 2A, but they did drop down so they had to carry more bleachers when they were 3A. Altavista is good for being 1A.
Richlands is very nice. Went there once to watch Liberty play them in the semi's. Believe it was in 2005.

Reactions: kevtodd5
AdvocateofMany434...Not a troll but yes trying to get a rise. It will be a close game. I still believe heritage will win. So many guys are on edge with everything I say, so for once I was going to give them something to chew on. I wonder sometimes if this a opinion forum though. All I 've heard the last 2 weeks is heritage has played nobody. I have not said a word because everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I have seen both of these teams this year and they both have the best skilled
players in this area. The difference is that Heritage is better upfront on both
sides of the ball and that is where this game will be decided.With that being
said the Pioneers better find a way to contain the Graves kid when Appomattox is on offense because if he gets the ball in open space he
is gone. Should be a great ballgame Heritage 35 Appomattox 24

Reactions: lyhsports
AdvocateofMany434...Not a troll but yes trying to get a rise. It will be a close game. I still believe heritage will win. So many guys are on edge with everything I say, so for once I was going to give them something to chew on. I wonder sometimes if this a opinion forum though. All I 've heard the last 2 weeks is heritage has played nobody. I have not said a word because everyone is entitled to there opinion.
I don't believe you are a troll. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. For example, use the sentence, "What are you doing here?"...If I emphasize a certain word the meaning changes. "What are YOU doing here"...sounds like an interogation. "What are you doing HERE"...makes it sound like the person is in the wrong place. The five words are the same, but the meaning and intent are different. In my opinion you know the game extremely well and you are confident in your team. I can respect those things. Stay humble, and tone down some of your posts and you will gain the respect of everyone. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and your team (except this Friday lol). I look forward to reading your posts as you share your insight

Don't you go anywhere Pioneer! Hopefully SR gets a shot at Heritage in the playoffs. Then the fun will really begin.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Well ! Is that troll still talking smack on here ! Hope he stays the 2a site when they play Appo on Friday nite and don't disappear like theft in the nite , advocate I hear you but have to disagree with you on this one raiders will win this game and maybe by more than everyone is thinking !! Still got your back though !! Po1 go raiders

JV took a whoopin tonight. 56-7 I think
After the game a Heritage varsity player made the comment to me "good luck tomorrow night". I thought I recognized him as Davis so I asked him. Told him my boy knew him from summer leagues then my boy (freshman) came over and they talked.
Elijah Davis seemed like a nice young man from my brief conversation with him. He did go out of his way to speak to me wearing my Raider garb.
Nice to see polite, personable young men now days.

Davis is a class act!!!! Great kid.... Chucksteel72 you are like a bad dream. I tried to cut you a break but you keep coming back. I want to see SR in playoffs. Heritage not dodging anyone. Stabler1980 I will be back at 930 pm tomorrow. I will see you then.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Davis is a class act!!!! Great kid.... Chucksteel72 you are like a bad dream. I tried to cut you a break but you keep coming back. I want to see SR in playoffs. Heritage not dodging anyone. Stabler1980 I will be back at 930 pm tomorrow. I will see you then.
I don't need a break! I'm Chuck Steel! 5☆☆☆☆☆ CHUCK! CHARLIE HUSTLE! When them playoffs roll around! Pioneer gonna be sweating like a fresh ****** fox in a forest fire! Lmao. Looking forward to it dude.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead

Super kid! Always very friendly and talkative the few meetings I have had with him.

I don't believe you are a troll. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. For example, use the sentence, "What are you doing here?"...If I emphasize a certain word the meaning changes. "What are YOU doing here"...sounds like an interogation. "What are you doing HERE"...makes it sound like the person is in the wrong place. The five words are the same, but the meaning and intent are different. In my opinion you know the game extremely well and you are confident in your team. I can respect those things. Stay humble, and tone down some of your posts and you will gain the respect of everyone. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and your team (except this Friday lol). I look forward to reading your posts as you share your insight
Good Point, keep it humble, geez

Could not agree more sir. Moss did what he could but they took a step back without Anderson last year under center.
Heritage is very good this season and are loaded with experienced seniors. The offensive line is under rated as a group. Those guys are opening serious holes for Davis to fly through. And once he gets second level he is tough to almost impossible to stop. The Northside transfer is multidimensional and really gives the Pioneers a boost.
Appomattox has a community support that is tremendous. Some of the nicest fans anywhere. I've been in the press box laughing out loud as the announcer is an awesome and unique character. Graves and Scruggs get lots of attention and rightfully so. Watch out for Mann. As both the tight end and linebacker he can make things happen. It always seems their special teams finds a way to reload.
Should be a tremendous game and another packed house at the Bragg. I know I'm excited for this one. Good luck to both teams
I am not sure who will win this game but one thing is for sure, the fan support for the Raiders far out weigh the Pioneer fans. Sometimes they are non-existent. Yes I know a few Heritage fans that say the same thing.

Reactions: Stabler1980
@Pioneers4life, Heritage lost in the 3rd round of playoffs last year. Blacksburg was State Camps. I know this before I even looked to make sure. So no its not State Champs against State Champs. Im a Raider fan and yes we had some strong teams last two years, we list 21 seniors. Heritage team has 23 seniors this year and Appomattox has 11. Even though Im a Raider fan I believe Heritage will come out on top. Thwm boys been together a long time luke the Raiders was the last two years.

Your right...this game will feature the 2017 state champion from 2a and 3a. Calling it now...

HolyFrog
New@Pioneers4life, Heritage lost in the 3rd round of playoffs last year. Blacksburg was State Camps. I know this before I even looked to make sure. So no its not State Champs against State Champs. Im a Raider fan and yes we had some strong teams last two years, we list 21 seniors. Heritage team has 23 seniors this year and Appomattox has 11. Even though Im a Raider fan I believe Heritage will come out on top. Thwm boys been together a long time luke the Raiders was the last two years.

HolyFrog
New@Pioneers4life, Heritage lost in the 3rd round of playoffs last year. Blacksburg was State Camps. I know this before I even looked to make sure. So no its not State Champs against State Champs. Im a Raider fan and yes we had some strong teams last two years, we list 21 seniors. Heritage team has 23 seniors this year and Appomattox has 11. Even though Im a Raider fan I believe Heritage will come out on top. Thwm boys been together a long time luke the Raiders was the last two years.

We LOST 21 seniors I mean.

HolyFrog....let the excuses begin...let's play the game first..your comments are for after the game.. Wikki thanks for your 2 cents but I am going to do me either way. Guess what, if heritage gets beat, I know i am going to hear about it but it's gotta happen first...lol. #keepcalm

Guys, now you have me taking up for @Pioneer 4life. He said match up between 2017 2a champ and 3a champ, calling it now. Meaning he is saying both are going to be champions THIS year. Appomattox and Blacksburg were 2016 champs, and we WILL have a new 3a champion this year, as Blacksburg moved to 4a

Reactions: HolyFrog
Buckingham has the worst field and stadium I have seen in 2A thus far. I remember 2 years ago. At halftime, a dude was walking around thowing sand in holes in field. Sad thing is they upgraded the bleachers from wood to small metal ones a couple years ago. Them wooden ones had me scared every time I went to step down them. Sorry, BCknights, nothing but love man...lol

Come on....Cumberland....a 1A team that thrives to be relevant. Nah, they dont need to invest in that. Put that money elsewhere. Cumberland will probably stay independent like Nelson for a long time. Nelson actually has a decent stadium with a lot of seating.
Stadium I agree with but our field is far from the worst you must never stepped on it. We never sit down anyways so all thats irrelevant. We had 2500 people there for Gate City. Buckingham should be embarrassed about the seating but the field is by far not the worst. Top it off we just installed a Bermuda field over the summer. Richlands does have the best venue I've seen in 2A and maybe 3A and 4A.

Last edited:
Stadium I agree with but our field is far from the worst you must never stepped on it. We never sit down anyways so all thats irrelevant. We had 2500 people there for Gate City. Buckingham should be embarrassed about the seating but the field is by far not the worst. Top it off we just installed a Bermuda field over the summer. Richlands does have the best venue I've seen in 2A and maybe 3A and 4A.
sorry about that bro, you know Im not in area so I didnt know yall got bermuda grass. I love that grass, that is what Appo switched to when Doug Smith got here. Well, yall have a great field now then.

Reactions: BCKnights
16-7 Heritage at the half. Davis is the real deal. Electric in the open field. I'm a little disappointed in the offensive line play for Heritage. Those guys are monsters but aren't playing like the line I saw last week from Rustburg.
Defensively the Pioneers are bringing it and causing chaos in the pocket. Hats off to Their defense.
It's a great crowd for both teams so it should be an exciting 2nd half.

HolyFrog....let the excuses begin...let's play the game first..your comments are for after the game.. Wikki thanks for your 2 cents but I am going to do me either way. Guess what, if heritage gets beat, I know i am going to hear about it but it's gotta happen first...lol. #keepcalm
What are you talking about? Heritage team is really good but they need their fans there for support. The players even say it. I work with several Heritage fans they complain all the time about the lack of support. Appomattox had twice as many as Heritage last year at Heritage

Last edited:
Looks like a good half penalties hurt Appo and the safety of course but a good half not overly impressed with heritage but Davis is a studd, they have a long way to go to even talk about a championship, tough road to get that !! Appo will be tough in 2a for anyone to Handel !!

What are you talking about? Heritage team is really good but they need their fans there for support. The players even say it. I work with several Heritage fans they complain all the time about the lack of support. Appomattox has twice as many as Heritage last year at Heritage

It is packed on the heritage side . The walkway is crowded to the other side. Plenty of Pioneer fans out here tonight.

Thank you gunz ! You are right it was not 42 points put up by them tonight .congrats to heritage for the win hope that makes y'all season , long ways to go for both teams and a lot of work to do to even think they can make it to the big game but good luck to both teams

Heritage is tough.
7-0 Appo at end of 1st
16-7 Heritage at half
16-14 after Appo first drive in second half
Then the Heritage size on both sides of the line just became too much.
3 ints for us didn't help our cause but that is football.
Really proud of our boys and how they competed. Heritage knew they were in a dog fight from the first whistle .
Final score was not as close as the game was I don't think.
Elijah Davis is a stud and has a huge line to help him.
0-0 for Appomattox and into our bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT