ADVERTISEMENT

Armstrong Head Coach suspended?!

HooSprings

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 13, 2018
I just heard on channel 6 in Richmond,the head coach from Armstrong has been suspended for social media posts made after the TJ game. has anyone heard what happened? I know this is being appealed,but I can’t imagine he said anything THAT BAD to warrant a suspension!

Last edited:
Yes. The stories are vague. My question is who did the suspending? The story I read said the school was appealing. So was it the school board that suspended him? I know the VHSL doesn't act fast enough or have enforcement, so it can't be them.

Day before the first region final in school history, ouch.

e: wow, they'd never won a playoff game before this year, school founded in 1968.

People are very touch these days. Two of our players got unsportsmanlike like penalties for actions we would have laughed at in my days on the field.

Reactions: gwb16
Day before the first region final in school history, ouch.

e: wow, they'd never won a playoff game before this year, school founded in 1968.
make that 1865.
For many years after they joined the VHSL they did not participate in the VHSL playoffs because of the Armstrong-Walker Game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That was more important to the Black community in RVA than any playoffs. It drew over 30,000. Back then the Black kids that now go to HSHS, Varina and Henrico would have been at Armstrong and JFK. Back then eastern Henrico County was KKK Country.

Last edited:
Yes. The stories are vague. My question is who did the suspending? The story I read said the school was appealing. So was it the school board that suspended him? I know the VHSL doesn't act fast enough or have enforcement, so it can't be them.
That was my thoughts as well. Must have been a central office or school board thing.

Does anyone know what he actually POSTED? I've seen some social media posts in the 757 from coaches that are making people shake their heads in disbelief and NOTHING is being said about it down here....I heard that all he did was post the score and RPS viewed it as a form of bullying...is that accurate? Seriously?

Does anyone know what he actually POSTED? I've seen some social media posts in the 757 from coaches that are making people shake their heads in disbelief and NOTHING is being said about it down here....I heard that all he did was post the score and RPS viewed it as a form of bullying...is that accurate? Seriously?
No, it was a scene from Boyz in the Hood when Ricky was killed and showed a TJ player lying down(symbolism) where Ricky got shot. Not going to repost on public forum.

• Wow
Reactions: wikki and gwb16
No, it was a scene from Boyz in the Hood when Ricky was killed and showed a TJ player lying down(symbolism) where Ricky got shot. Not going to repost on public forum.

Yea, that was dumb of him. I get the symbolism but not sure "haha we beat them so bad it's like when this teen got gunned down" is the best tact for social media.

Ohhhhh.....crap....yeah....UMMMMM.... THAT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA in today's world....
WOW... he's gotta be better than that... that's how unnecessary retaliation gets generated.

Totally understand why you're not going to repost...

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT