ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn/Covington Head Jobs

Aug 10, 2011
Any word out of Auburn or Covington who their next head coaches are going to be. We're almost in March and both schools coaches announced they were leaving in November.

Any word out of Auburn or Covington who their next head coaches are going to be. We're almost in March and both schools coaches announced they were leaving in November.
From what i understand Auburn will announce the first week of march.

From what i understand Auburn will announce the first week of march.
Any word on Coach Turner and his next coaching stop. What a job he did at turning Auburn around, should be a job a young coach would want. Covington could be a real threat with the right coach, always have size and skill.

Any word on Coach Turner and his next coaching stop. What a job he did at turning Auburn around, should be a job a young coach would want. Covington could be a real threat with the right coach, always have size and skill.
I think when Jack goes back to coaching it will be local. He wont move anywhere. And by local i mean 30 min to an hour drive.

I think when Jack goes back to coaching it will be local. He wont move anywhere. And by local i mean 30 min to an hour drive.
I hope you are correct , always talk at work( Volvo ) on football , hope he gets back soon to coaching. What type of team will Auburn have this year, a few of the parents that I work with are concerned.

I hope you are correct , always talk at work( Volvo ) on football , hope he gets back soon to coaching. What type of team will Auburn have this year, a few of the parents that I work with are concerned.
They have a young fullback who was a freshman last year who will probably start at FB if the new coach runs a similar offense that Jack run. Jack says he can be really good. I'd say they can be competative this year. Gonna have to get tougher and meaner.

The top candidates for the Auburn job based strictly on resume or experience is coach Hale (currently assistant at PC) and the coach that was at Graham a couple years back. The other name that has been mentioned is coach Akers (which used to be a assistant with coach Turner). Not sure if Hale is a good fit because if the parents thought coach Turner was too hard on their kids then they would probably think coach Hale is the devil himself. lol. We shall soon see...

From what I'm hearing they selected Cam Akers the former assistant, probably the best fit for Auburn since I imagine him running a similar style offense and defense as coach Turner did.

From what I'm hearing they selected Cam Akers the former assistant, probably the best fit for Auburn since I imagine him running a similar style offense and defense as coach Turner did.
Would not be surprising at all if Akers gets the nod. Not sure some in the community want another coach with the mindset and intensity as coach Turner had and Akers is without question of the same mold. He was not only coached by Turner but coached under Turner. The key to Akers success or failure (assuming he gets the job) IMO will be whether or not he gets the support any young/new head coach needs. He will have enough on his plate just being a "new" head coach and taking over a team that lost their best player and really have no real "core" players coming back to depend on. It also will not help him at all if he has to deal with all the outside noise that was so very prevalent the last year or so Turner was at the helm. Good luck to whom ever gets the job there is a lot of work to be done...

Would not be surprising at all if Akers gets the nod. Not sure some in the community want another coach with the mindset and intensity as coach Turner had and Akers is without question of the same mold. He was not only coached by Turner but coached under Turner. The key to Akers success or failure (assuming he gets the job) IMO will be whether or not he gets the support any young/new head coach needs. He will have enough on his plate just being a "new" head coach and taking over a team that lost their best player and really have no real "core" players coming back to depend on. It also will not help him at all if he has to deal with all the outside noise that was so very prevalent the last year or so Turner was at the helm. Good luck to whom ever gets the job there is a lot of work to be done...
Best thing going for Akers is Coach Turner will be teaching at Auburn to help him if needed. Like most places the parents at Auburn thought it was more important for there little boy to play than it was for team to win. From 0-39 to 3 straight winning seasons and playoff appearance with playoff wins and more recognition than you can imagine . There was never any talk on this board before coach Turner got there, good luck Auburn , be careful what you ask for and your best player leaves because everyone was jealous because of his success . I think it is easy to understand why it is tough to win at Auburn. As for Akers played for coach Turner at Pulaski and Coached for him at Auburn will do a good job, the people at work from Riner are happy with hire, hope he is another Coach Turner.

Reactions: pcken
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT