ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn vs Lancaster. Who ya got?

Auburn vs Lancaster. Who ya got?

• Auburn

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Lancaster

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
We get a chance to see two of the best matchup: Nick Milirons and Troy Henderson.
I feel it will be one of the best games in Richmond, over the weekend.
Two great coaching staffs as well. Auburn is as elite of a staff as you’ll find in a small school while Lancaster isn’t far behind.

I like Auburn being so close by and admire their coach and program. I think Lancaster will win the state championship. I've only seen Lancaster 2 times on NFHS this year, but the score that stands out is the Brunswick score. Beating them that bad this late in the year shows me they aren't just the real deal, but they have greatly improved from game one. Lancaster by 7

I like Auburn being so close by and admire their coach and program. I think Lancaster will win the state championship. I've only seen Lancaster 2 times on NFHS this year, but the score that stands out is the Brunswick score. Beating them that bad this late in the year shows me they aren't just the real deal, but they have greatly improved from game one. Lancaster by 7
Lancaster would have won regardless, but I did see where the star player for Brunswick didn't play because of illness.

Hahaha. Isn't far behind. I'd say Lancaster's coaching staff is the best there is. And perhaps Auburn isn't far behind.
So I say Lancaster has a great staff and the two teams have elite coaching and you get offended? Thin skinned much?

Auburn has won two state titles in four years and is playing for three in five.
Lancaster has two state titles in eight years and playing for three in nine.

Reactions: uvacavs1
So I say Lancaster has a great staff and the two teams have elite coaching and you get offended? Thin skinned much?

Auburn has won two state titles in four years and is playing for three in five.
Lancaster has two state titles in eight years and playing for three in nine.
Just good bulletin board material. Can't wait to show you how wrong you are. GO DEVILS

• Haha
Reactions: BigWinners
Just good bulletin board material. Can't wait to show you how wrong you are. GO DEVILS
lolol okay bro. I’m a random fan of a team not even in the same division, how would that ever be considered bulletin board material? Not to mention I was giving praise to the Lancaster staff

Reactions: uvacavs1
Lancaster has won 3 state chips, playing for the 4th on Thursday. Will it be 4 titles to 2? Can Auburn tie Lancaster with 3? We will find out Thursday night!

Lancaster has a whole new coaching staff. In that little bit of time that Coach Pinn has been at the helm, one state title, one state Final four, and going for the second title (back to back). Three years in a row playing in state contention. He’s just been there for what 4-5 years I think and one year they sat out for Covid. Auburn had that “Co-Championship” with Mathews soooooooo. Only one thing left to do is finish the job. Hopefully they can get it done. Let’s Go Red Devils!!!!!

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
Lancaster has one of the best coaching staff in the state past and present so to say one is elite and the other is not far behind is crazy

Under coach rice
2011 state semifinals 20-6
2012 state champs 27-2
2016 state runner up 18-5
2017 state semifinals 22-5
2018 state champs 26-7

Under coach pinn in his 3rd season
2022 state semifinals 24-2
2023 state champs 29-0
2024 state final 25-2
So you just pointed out that he inherited a state title winning program. If you give me a Lambo, I can prob hit 100mph too.

All this talk bc I said both have very good coaching staffs lol Jesus Christ you guys seem pretty ridiculous. I had no dog in this fight but I now hope Auburn wins just bc you’re annoying.

Lancaster would have won regardless, but I did see where the star player for Brunswick didn't play because of illness.
I was told by Coach Walker at Brunswick that Jayshaun Jones (2nd Team All-State performer last year / 1st Team All-Region performer) was out with the flu for their game with Lancaster. Additionally, six of the 14 kids on the roster tested positive for the flu. Jones did not make the trip to Lancaster along with two other players.

He also said that's taking nothing from Lancaster... but I was asked just to inform folks who was out / for those that wanted that cleared up.

Looking forward to tonight's matchup with the Red Devils and Eagles!

Reactions: kwhs95fan
lolol okay bro. I’m a random fan of a team not even in the same division, how would that ever be considered bulletin board material? Not to mention I was giving praise to the Lancaster staff
I agree with the above poster. I am not a fan of Auburn in any way. I am sure that both coaching staffs are doing an excellent job (obviously, they are both playing for another state title).

I used to enjoy pulling for LHS Coach Rice (who I think retired recently).

Being from the Northern Neck area I am pulling for Lancaster and hope that they can pull it off. Go Devils!

However, I can tell you that I have no doubt that Auburn has elite coaching in many of their sports (especially for our Class I and II levels.)

Auburn must have an excellent AD from what I can tell who runs a great show. I have seen them play in a few different sports at the state level. They often win whether they match the talent level of their opponents or not.

While the eastern schools certainly have some great individual coaches in the various high school sports, I would definitely have to give the big overall edge in current coaching to many of the western schools.

Sorry to East fans, but again, overall, it is true in most sports.

So you just pointed out that he inherited a state title winning program. If you give me a Lambo, I can prob hit 100mph too.

All this talk bc I said both have very good coaching staffs lol Jesus Christ you guys seem pretty ridiculous. I had no dog in this fight but I now hope Auburn wins just bc you’re annoying.
lol chill
However, I can tell you that I have no doubt that Auburn has elite coaching in many of their sports (especially for our Class I and II levels.)

Auburn must have an excellent AD from what I can tell who runs a great show. I have seen them play in a few different sports at the state level. They often win whether they match the talent level of their opponents or not.

While the eastern schools certainly have some great individual coaches in the various high school sports, I would definitely have to give the big overall edge in current coaching to many of the western schools.

Sorry to East fans, but again, overall, it is true in most sports.

Great call, you said 7 and they win by 6!

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Great call, you said 7 and they win by 6!
Luck goes a long way. Game didn't surprise. Everyone knew the two were very close and if they play 10 times, I think Auburn wins 4 or 5. Lancaster just made the right plays in the final minutes and that's what makes a team a state champion and put them over the hump. Great team.

Luck goes a long way. Game didn't surprise. Everyone knew the two were very close and if they play 10 times, I think Auburn wins 4 or 5. Lancaster just made the right plays in the final minutes and that's what makes a team a state champion and put them over the hump. Great team.
It wasn't luck. Lancaster got off to a slow start and no Auburn won't win 4 or 5 in a rematch. Come on give Lancaster some credit. Two years in a row.....

It wasn't luck. Lancaster got off to a slow start and no Auburn won't win 4 or 5 in a rematch. Come on give Lancaster some credit. Two years in a row.....
Auburn led the entire game until the fourth quarter. That’s one helluva slow start. It’s a 60/40 game, I think most rational people agree.

Auburn led the entire game until the fourth quarter. That’s one helluva slow start. It’s a 60/40 game, I think most rational people agree.
Lancaster's coach said he didn't put his best defender on #23 until the 4th quarter. I won't call it luck I'd call it a great coaching. The turnovers tell the tale.

Lancaster's coach said he didn't put his best defender on #23 until the 4th quarter. I won't call it luck I'd call it a great coaching. The turnovers tell the tale.
And they just about lost the game. No one would intentionally choose to be up by one with like a minute left over being up 10+. It’s smart to try and limit your best player getting fouls early, most coaches do that. It’s indeed very sound coaching, but no one has ever said anything less than Lancaster having a great coaching staff.

Both teams are great teams & well coached. Auburn just seemed to implode those last two minutes & let the game get away. I was pulling for them but congratulations to them on a spectacular season & congratulations to Lancaster on the win.

Never said Lancaster beating Auburn was luck. Go back and read the thread and cool off some. The poster congratulated me on my pick that Lancaster would win by 7 points and they won by 6. I was referring to me getting the pick correct (missing only by one point) as a lucky pick. I never wrote that Lancaster beating Auburn was luck. Where we actually disagree is Auburn winning 4 or 5 out of 10 games in a rematch. I think they surely would.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT