ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield after Week 8

chancellor is a different team. Scott is off the team and they’ve lost 3-4 starters due to grades. They’ll be in big trouble. KG gave Chancellor all they wanted but Chancellor got 2 QB TDs by pulling out the back door. EV is way to disciplined to let that happen. I’ll call it at 48-7.
By back door I can only guess you are talking about the read option? Back door sounds more like a sniffer. Chancellor doesn't run the single wing. Losing 4 seniors starters is normal for Chancellor (sad to say). King George is a good team with some bad luck this year. With a good QB that wasn't able to practice all week and no way was a 100% still gave EV a heck of a challenge. Tied at half.. score doesn't show the true battle on the field. Just my two cents.

By back door I can only guess you are talking about the read option? Back door sounds more like a sniffer. Chancellor doesn't run the single wing. Losing 4 seniors starters is normal for Chancellor (sad to say). King George is a good team with some bad luck this year. With a good QB that wasn't able to practice all week and no way was a 100% still gave EV a heck of a challenge. Tied at half.. score doesn't show the true battle on the field. Just my two cents.
Yeah the two plays that he is referring to were read option, QB pulled it after everyone attacked the dive. Good plays by Chancellor, poor discipline by a couple of players. KG defense has been balling pretty good all year, thanks for the props for my boys.

chancellor is a different team. Scott is off the team and they’ve lost 3-4 starters due to grades. They’ll be in big trouble. KG gave Chancellor all they wanted but Chancellor got 2 QB TDs by pulling out the back door. EV is way to disciplined to let that happen. I’ll call it at 48-7.

On hunch, I went to watch chancellor host JM instead of ponax/forge. Earlier in season I thought chancellor had a chance vs Louisa, because of Scott. Now he’s out. The final score of 27-13 with JM pulling away in 2nd half was not how game went down physically though(should have been 35-0 JM), as JM was mostly faster and flew to football up front while their DBs forced chancellor QB into dump off city, punishing a few of them once they caught the dump offs. Most of the passing yds were chancellor receivers working after catch for themselves. #17 and #11 were main guys, working hard for what they got. JM’s DBs all play athletic, #7 and #9 were stout with #9 on island much of night, didn’t appear phased

Big difference without big back making chancellor offense viable. Each of 3 chancellor scores(1 td/2fg by a pretty good kicker) all came when JM defense flagged for personal fouls after forcing 3rd and 20+ each time. 1st one by JM’s #55 was just foolish and last one appeared to be a homer call, JM #9 well in bounds flagged for late hit out of bounds. But on the chancellor sideline. Take away those penalties and good chance they don’t score as they JM defense appeared ready to play last night.

Unless EV hit with a serious issue impacting their team when they host chancellor in a couple weeks, chancellor in serious trouble as that offense isn’t much without the big back. Was never about his stats. He just made his QBs life super easy. Which makes the receiver group active.

But to be clear, JM earned that win and appeared ready for the big back as well. If not for 3 huge penalties that extended drives into scoring, the chargers would have easily been looking at being shut out

Reactions: Kangarew113
I’d I’ve to see KG/EV first round of playoffs since the first game was so good! With that being said I don’t think it would be close EV without the penalties rolls over KG bad, if EV stops beating themselves with penalties the beat kg and jm bad bad.....just my 2 cents!!! I’m still on Dinwiddie wagon they will be really tough if they get in!!

I’d I’ve to see KG/EV first round of playoffs since the first game was so good! With that being said I don’t think it would be close EV without the penalties rolls over KG bad, if EV stops beating themselves with penalties the beat kg and jm bad bad.....just my 2 cents!!! I’m still on Dinwiddie wagon they will be really tough if they get in!!
I wouldn’t say the first KG/EV game was “good”. The score was close for 3 qtrs. But the refs made it an awful game. Almost 30 penalties....unwatchable at times. Game had no flow. Players were very frustrated.

Reactions: FoxesPride
I wouldn’t say the first KG/EV game was “good”. The score was close for 3 qtrs. But the refs made it an awful game. Almost 30 penalties....unwatchable at times. Game had no flow. Players were very frustrated.
I think KGs defense is good enough to make it a game at least for a while. They have to clean up the penalties though. I haven't seen the numbers from last night but I wouldn't be surprised if they had more penalty yards than Courtland had offensively. If they can play with discipline they are capable of pulling off a first round upset. Hopefully they can clean it up over the next two weeks. They are also pretty healthy compared to others.

On hunch, I went to watch chancellor host JM instead of ponax/forge. Earlier in season I thought chancellor had a chance vs Louisa, because of Scott. Now he’s out. The final score of 27-13 with JM pulling away in 2nd half was not how game went down physically though(should have been 35-0 JM), as JM was mostly faster and flew to football up front while their DBs forced chancellor QB into dump off city, punishing a few of them once they caught the dump offs. Most of the passing yds were chancellor receivers working after catch for themselves. #17 and #11 were main guys, working hard for what they got. JM’s DBs all play athletic, #7 and #9 were stout with #9 on island much of night, didn’t appear phased

Big difference without big back making chancellor offense viable. Each of 3 chancellor scores(1 td/2fg by a pretty good kicker) all came when JM defense flagged for personal fouls after forcing 3rd and 20+ each time. 1st one by JM’s #55 was just foolish and last one appeared to be a homer call, JM #9 well in bounds flagged for late hit out of bounds. But on the chancellor sideline. Take away those penalties and good chance they don’t score as they JM defense appeared ready to play last night.

Unless EV hit with a serious issue impacting their team when they host chancellor in a couple weeks, chancellor in serious trouble as that offense isn’t much without the big back. Was never about his stats. He just made his QBs life super easy. Which makes the receiver group active.

But to be clear, JM earned that win and appeared ready for the big back as well. If not for 3 huge penalties that extended drives into scoring, the chargers would have easily been looking at being shut out

Someone doesn't like Chancellor ^ Hard to believe your not a JM parent. LOL.. "on a hunch" you decided to go to this game? Over Pox/CF? "COME On MAAAAN"

Been to several matchups this year all over area. I’ve been high on chancellor(as a fan who asked around this summer before I watched them at Louisa) as a dark horse for awhile, even thinking they had chance vs Louisa-was wrong but thought a potential shootout with Chan/JM due to big back out and JM team not really a power run team themselves. Neither team coming within 35pts of ponax/forge, but forge is really good this year, figured ponax would struggle

Ct started 6 sophomores and a freshman on Friday against KG. Yes KG had alot of penalties, but the young cougars hung with them and if they would of attempted any other offensive scheme and allowed the defense to rest some, Ct might have pulled the upset! KG has a nice QB, how throws a nice ball, but he lives dangerously with alot of passes. Also Cambell is a fine back, not to fast but tall and strong, runs down hill. That's it in a nut shell, one WR #14 plays hard and they have a decent defensive line, but nothing to write home about. Had Ct be healthy, with Thor and starting Jr QB was in the game, there would have been different ending. Overall, KG has a nice team, but in my own opinion a one and done playoff team should they get they get there.

That’s a lot of hypothetical info there. Would of could of. They got some Hail Mary passes for 2 TDs. With 3 push offs. 31-41 rushing and 22 was gonna be the difference. Come on now. I love the passion but seriously

Week 9.. What game will be closer? Courtland vs. JM or Spotsy vs EV.
Also considering attending the Pox vs NS or Riverbend vs BP. I think the Riverbend vs Brook Point might be the closest game but don't want to go to Brook Point. I like local.

Week 9.. What game will be closer? Courtland vs. JM or Spotsy vs EV.
Also considering attending the Pox vs NS or Riverbend vs BP. I think the Riverbend vs Brook Point might be the closest game but don't want to go to Brook Point. I like local.
I don't think either Ct-JM or Spotsy-EV will be close. Courtland just doesn't have any offense. JM's defense is better this year. I'll go ahead and give Spotsy the respect of keeping it within shouting distance in the 1st half, but it's a running clock eventually IMO.

Ct at JM closer, going to throw kitchen sink at JM Friday night. Bunch of youngsters going to see playing time, should be a good game.

Ct at JM closer, going to throw kitchen sink at JM Friday night. Bunch of youngsters going to see playing time, should be a good game.
I feel like this is the one that will be close. JM has discipline issues. QB wants to run first (kid is crazy fast but wants out of bounds ASAP). If QB breaks loose it will be hard for Courtland to stay in the game. But if Courtland controls the tempo they will be in the game. I think JM wins but I don't think by a blowout. I wouldn't be surprised if Courtland upsets JM. Spotsy might be in trouble due to the injuries. When you lose 3 starting OL dogs at class 4 division things get a lot harder controlling LOS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT