ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD DIST. AFTER WEEK 10

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Hard to believe the season is coming to a end and for some like Chancellor it is over. Really no surprises a slight upset IMO Chancellor beat Spotsy! Lets see how I have them ranked after week 10!
# 1 EASTERN VIEW 8@0 5@ 0 DIST.: The question is not can anyone beat the View but can anyone survive the 35 point slaughter rule? JM was the last slaughter and KG the next? I'm wondering since this rule was put in effect has a team went the whole season doing this?
# 2 COURTLAND 5@ 4 @ 1 DIST.:
The cougars are starting to roll now but the problem is they make the playoffs and have to compete against 4 of the best teams in the state! Zin White made a remark in the paper after the JM game that they wanted another shot at EASTERN VIEW or LOUISA and I wish him and Courtland well in the playoffs but do you really want those two? Sometime you get what you ask for?
# 3 JM 3@ 6 2@3 DIST: Well its hard to believe that Eastern View beat the number 2 and 3 ranked team by the 35 point slaughter rule but they did along with the rest of the district. The jackets had no chance against EV Friday night but at least will head into the playoffs in two weeks with a win as they should beat Caroline next week!
# 4 KG 3@6 3@2 DIST: KG got a bye this week and they needed it to try and compete with Eastern View this week. Can this bye week give them the edge to try to be the only team this year to escape the dreaded slaughter rule by Eastern View? I doubt it as if the foxes hold the View to 40 points would be a shocker to me but anything can happen in football!
# 5 CHANCELLOR 3@7 3@3 DIST: Now this team has done more than I expected this year as with the many that graduated and transferred if you told me they would 3 games this year I would thought you was nuts. We did this game on TV Friday night and after the end of the game I to coach Glessner with what he has gone through he was my pick for coach of the year in the District. He won't get it but he should. What a job he did with this team and he deserves a lot of credit! Don't know him well but have talked to him three times and noticed he is always positive and it rubbed off on his team. The chargers was young so watch out for them next year.They will take a 3 game winning streak in to next year!
# 6 SPOTSY 4@5 1 @4 DIST: It hurts to have to pick my boys from post oak down this far but after the Chancellor lost Friday night what can I do! The game was a lot closer than the score indicated but the chargers won fair and square no excuses. Take nothing away from Chancellor but their defense gave up over 350 total offense and over 300 yards rushing and almost twice as many first downs. two of Chancellors scores was caused by a fumble that rolled in the end zone and one that was picked up and ran in! But give the Chargers credit they had a awesome goal line stand from the one yard line and made the plays when they needed. Still Spotsy will make the playoffs its a matter of if they are home or on the road! No matter what the knights have had a great year with something that hasn't been accomplishes in 15 years 4 wins! congratulations to coach Jack and his staff on a great season and wish them well as they head forward to the playoffs?
#7 CAROLINE 2@7 2 @ 3 DIST: Caroline : Coach Yeates is probably disappointed in not but 2 wins but I really believe they are moving forward. With some breaks they may have won a couple more games. They have a excellent Qback coming back next year in Talen Smith to build around and other starters to come back. Still believe coach Yeates is the perfect fit for Caroline so I hope the administration and fans be patient with him as they move forward.
There we have it I guess EV JM and Courtland and Spotsy are pretty much locked in the playoffs and I wish them all well. The season went pretty much like I expected but I thought EV would have got more completion from Courtland and JM but Eastern View was just in a class of its own. What worries me about the View is they have never been behind this year but how will they react in the playoffs when and if they do? They are a awfully good team but it is a murderous division they are in and I wish them well!

Last edited:
Just an observation, but if things fall as they may there will be three teams in the district tied with the same record; 3-7 over all and 3-3 in the district. Those teams are Chancellor (already decided), King George (I think we all know what the results will be this week against EV, so they are decided), and JM (which could be upset by a Caroline team that is better than some folks think). Just saying ....

I agree and I never seen a weaker district as the 3 and 7 record indicate! Courtland I believe if they played again could probably stop the slaughter rule string but beat the view it aint happening. Courtland has got better since they played early this year but not good enough to beat them IMO! JM is slightly better than the rest of the teams even though KG beat them and I don't know how! The rest on any given night could beat the others. All this is speculation but if you got a allstar team made up from the rest of the teams they would have a hard time beating EV. That's how good they are. This might sound silly but easy EV could get knocked out in the second round but JM has a great shot to win their region as their region is not that strong. Its some horses in EV's region! Any one of top four seeded in the cyclones region would run through the jackets region like grant through Richmond! Going to be interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT