ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD DISTRICT RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 9

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
The season is winding down and the district is shaping up like I thought it would! Let's see how I rank them this week!
#1 EASTERN VIEW 8 @0 4@0 district: For the first time this year EV did not put the running clock slaughter rule in effect! Well the only reason it didn't happen was they didn't play because of a bye! Lol.
# 2 COURTLAND 4@4 3@1 district: This is what I thought would happen after them going 0@4 with that murderous schedule! Beat a pretty good JM team Friday rather easy! Zin white had a great game 347 yards rushing and the cougar defense was stout against the jackets. I figured Courtland had second best athletes next to the View! Now as the season comes to a close and teams get ready for the playoffs for the cougars to advance will be quite a challenge with all those great teams in their division.
# 3 JM 3@5 2@2 Distrct: The jackets ran into a buzz saw at Courtland Friday night! That's ok as they are almost sure to get in the playoffs! They should do ok on the weak division they are in but to advance on will be iffy at best!
#4 KG 3@6 3@2 district: the foxes last week was in a tie with spotsy but now after getting by spotsy they deserve to be ranked 4th! Looks like it will be hard for them to make the playoffs this year with the dreaded Eastern View next and we know what that means!
# 5 Spotsy 4@4 1@3 district: my boys from post oak are in a tail spin caused by injuries and lack of depth! That okay as coach Jack has done a great job with so little talent! He is down to his third team center but still is up beat and looking forward to the future that looks bright! The JV team is 7 @ 1 after beating KG which was undefeated! The knight JV team has good size and talent so watch out BATTLEFIELD in the next couple years!
#6 CHANCELLOR 2 @ 7 2 @ 3 DISTRICT: This team is one heck of a surprise to me! Coach Glessner has done a great job with imo having the less talent in the league! I honestly thought they would not win 1 game this year but now with a win at Spotsy could win 3 games this season! Great job coach Glessner! The odds was against you but you came out swinging!
#7 CAROLINE 2@6 1@ 4 DIstrict: sorry I have to rank the Cavaliers this low but don't worry Caroline fans it still looks like better days ahead! You had a 1 point loss to CHANCELLOR but made a last ditch drive that came up only inches short on 4th down that could have won it for you! No playoffs this year but maybe in the future!
There you have it season almost over and it looks like EASTERN VIEW JM COURTLAND and SPOTSY playoff bound! Good luck to all the area teams going in the playoffs and I'm sure you will represent the area well as you move forward!

Still the old basic wing t that JC ran under Ken Brown when he was Q B in the state champion Courtland team in 1987! We did the game on tv friday night against JM and they attempted only one pass! Any under study player or coach under Brown or Tim Coleman is a firm believer of the wing T!

Well then it's crazy to me that JM couldn't even slow down this version of Courtland and White went off on 36 carries.

Reactions: OCBoy
The Jackets defense is not that good this year! Courtland just lined up and shoved it down their throat! Didn't even have to throw passes to keep the jacket defense honest!

Well then it's crazy to me that JM couldn't even slow down this version of Courtland and White went off on 36 carries.

Skynard summed it up pretty well, Coach Hall made a few changes in the backfield too. Cougars look good going forward, 6-4 from an 0-4 start. We'll see how it shakes out and who they play in the first round of the playoffs. Hope Eastern View can get passed the second round, will be tough this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT