ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKING FINAL!

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Well where did the season go? Seems like yesterday the season started and now its playoff time! EV Courtland Spotsy and JM will make the playoffs this year! The rankings did not change throughout the year very much with Spotsy being the Biggest surprise this season in the district! The knights figured to be better this year but never in a million years i thought they would be the third best team! And without a couple of fumbles they could have beat Courtland and finished in second. Lets see how i rank them in the seasons end.
(1) EASTERN VIEW 10 @ 0: No competition in the district this year. They ran through the district like a knife through hot butter! No one close to the Cyclones and they never trailed anyone this year! I predict a deep run in the playoffs but as i have stated before as they face teams that are as good as they are can they turn it up a notch to come from behind and beat teams that are better as the battlefield teams they just demolished in the regular season playing about 80 percent of their capability! Hope so as we shall see! Maybe Louisa in the second round after they start the playoffs against Midlothian? OH MY!
( 2 ) COURTLAND 8 @ 2: The Cougars finish second by the skin of their teeth after beating Spotsy Thursday night in a nail biter! Courtland is a hair better than Spotsy but They are very close! Good luck Courtland as you travel to Dinwiddie! Courtland will need much better Defense to beat them and will need to throw the ball more to beat good teams like Dinwiddie to advance! Good Luck Cougars!
(3) SPOTSYLVANIA 6@ 4: After a Puzzling loss to Colonial Beach to start the season would i figure the Boys from Post Oak finish 6 @ 4 and third best in the District! I knew they would be better than last year but not a 6 win team. With basically a lot of starters back next year the future looks bright for the Knights and i never thought i would live long enough to say that but here it is! Good luck Spotsy as you play Wythe in the first round and IMO a favorite to win their division! WHOOPS DID I SAY THAT? Are you kidding me?
( 4 ) CHANCELLOR 4 @ 6 : The Chargers season ended last week but they didn't make the big dance this year. If the Chargers had played any Defense this year they would have made it. Good luck Chancellor next year.
( 5 JM 3 @ 7: The Jackets made the playoffs and will play at Thomas Jefferson Friday! Another Battlefield team that lacked defense all year but for them to advance beyond the second round will have to somehow fix their porous defense. Their defense all year really didn't get any better! Good luck JM as you head to Richmond to play TJ.
( 6 ) KING GEORGE 1 @ 9 : Really thought the Foxes would be better this year but they didn't play very well this year. Their numbers was down and i really don't why as they had nearly 100 players JV and Varsity last year but had transfers and some chose not to play this year. Good Luck Foxes next year with no playoffs this season.
(7) CAROLINE 1 @ 9 : I knew coach Allison was going to struggle building the Cavaliers and so it happened! He has to do what coach Jack did at Spotsy change the attitude and culture at Caroline. This team has had hard times the last 10 years with coaches in and out of Caroline like a revolving doors! Caroline give coach Allison time as he will rebuild the program as he did at other schools in the past! Good luck next year!
Well that's it! Playoff time is here and good luck to the battlefield teams as you represent the area going forward. Get out and Support your favorite team as they head for something they have worked so long and hard for since August a state title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT