ADVERTISEMENT

Benzing Makes Decision

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Outside linebacker Joe Benzing (6-foot-3, 210) of Virginia Beach’s Bishop Sullivan High School has been just as busy off the field this season as he has been on the field. On the field he has helped Bishop Sullivan clinch the school’s first undefeated season and while winning the State championship with a thrilling win over Potomac School. Benzing finished the season with 87 tackles, 17 quarterback hurries, six caused fumbles, and 17 tackles for a loss.

Off the field, Benzing sports a 3.87 GPA in the classroom and he recently ended his recruitment with a verbal commitment to Davidson.
Columbia and Cornell also offered Benzing and he received the equivalent from Centennial Conference perennial Johns Hopkins and Carnegie Mellon University.

"I have always considered academics to be the most important thing," Benzing said. "I want a school that I can get a great education and a degree that will get me somewhere in life all while playing football. I also wanted a program that I would have a good chance to see the field more than just my senior year. "

Joe Benzing Highlight Film

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News