ADVERTISEMENT

Best of 757 Spotlight - Twins Compete

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006

The first two Best of the 757 Baseball event had over 100 athletes competing in SPARQ events for the title Best of the 757. However, this years event held at Harbor Park in Norfolk may see the first set of twins vying for the crown. Lake Taylor brothers Justin and Taylor Erby have both signed up to show their skills.

"I've been practicing this week getting ready for the competition," Justin said. "This is my first 757 event so I don't know what events are there. I'm very excited. It's been a while since I hit the diamond.

Taylor was a standout pitcher earning All-Region honors as a pitcher for the Titans. A fastball pitcher, he finished the regular season with 54 strikeouts and a 5-0 record. Taylor says he's ready for the challenge.

"It's been a couple of weeks without baseball so its gonna be hard," Taylor said, "but I hope I stand out in my pitching and fielding."

Not to be outdone, Justin also made All-Region as an outfielder helping Lake Taylor make the Eastern Region playoffs.

"I know its gonna be strange because me and my brother always work together to be a strong union," Justin said, "but now its just a test to see who really carries the load."

Taylor hopes to win the Erby family bragging rights from his older brother (one minute apart).

"Every event we always compete against each other," Taylor said. "Even during the season we always see who does better stat wise."

1283539.jpg

This post was edited on 8/25 5:30 PM by wgarlick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT