ADVERTISEMENT

Best players in 3a

tre Henderson , Robert briggs and sean allen of Hopewell that's just 3 players of about 5 or 6 more that's very good player on that team.

Hunter Rice the RB out of Lord Botetourt who’s a true sophomore about 6’1 200 pounds, not a breakaway runner but solid and physical behind a great line and has offer)s) already. UVA already on board in terms of an offer so he could be one to watch and see how it develops over time.

My Early preseason prediction from what I’ve heard is LB vs Hopewell in state championship. Both teams has a lot of talent coming back. Other teams in mix , northside, Phoebus, MV, who else am I missing?

Reactions: 97Srhs24095
WR Barry Hargraves Jr, QB Chris Daniels, DB Latrelle Smith and RB Jaylen White will be studs for Phoebus in 2018. Also watchout for slot WR Daylon Dixon for the Phantoms.

there are a lot of good players out there I think Hopewell , phoebus or ic norcom will come out of the east to play in the championship

Reactions: ariana17
Dixon and Jones from Norcom are definitely standout players. Those Phoebus picks are spot on also. Keep your eyes on Thai Baldwin/Austin Gilliam/Anthony Turner from Phoebus also! Walter Vick at Lakeland. Logan Koontz and Stylz Gardner are two names for the future to remember for Tabb!

Dixon and Jones from Norcom are definitely standout players. Those Phoebus picks are spot on also. Keep your eyes on Thai Baldwin/Austin Gilliam/Anthony Turner from Phoebus also! Walter Vick at Lakeland. Logan Koontz and Stylz Gardner are two names for the future to remember for Tabb!

Great info. Norcom will be much more balanced this year than last year. They have a big strong QB with a very shifty RB. Their O-Line looked pretty impressive in that Portsmouth Jamboree against Indian River and Western Branch. The Greyhound defense will be as good as last year. I remember hearing about those other kids from Phoebus that you named earlier. I heard that Anthony "AJ" Turner will be the next great Phoebus back of the future. Hopefully, we'll see Phoebus return to the Power I this season because IMHO, that Split Back formation hurt the running game tremendously last year. However, nothing matters if the big boys up front don't open holes. I thought that Phoebus o-line play had taken several steps back in recent years.That must improve.

Great info. Norcom will be much more balanced this year than last year. They have a big strong QB with a very shifty RB. Their O-Line looked pretty impressive in that Portsmouth Jamboree against Indian River and Western Branch. The Greyhound defense will be as good as last year. I remember hearing about those other kids from Phoebus that you named earlier. I heard that Anthony "AJ" Turner will be the next great Phoebus back of the future. Hopefully, we'll see Phoebus return to the Power I this season because IMHO, that Split Back formation hurt the running game tremendously last year. However, nothing matters if the big boys up front don't open holes. I thought that Phoebus o-line play had taken several steps back in recent years.That must improve.
The O-Line will not have much size this year at all but I believe that the success Phoebus has had during the 7x7 season has given folks a glimpse of what type of playmaking ability that this team possess. I've been told that this team is the best "character" team Blunt has had since he has taken over. Norcom has a ton of talent outside of Jones and Dixon and they have experience. I think last year people expected Norcom to be a serious title contender and then the injury bug bit them. The experience of going from an underdog to favorite to afterthought may have humbled any sense of Norcom players feeling as if "they arrived" and made them hungrier this season. If so Norcom may be a sleeper pick to win the eastern district which has gotten a lot tougher this season. I will say that Phoebus and Norcom should finish as the top 757 3A teams in "18".

My Early preseason prediction from what I’ve heard is LB vs Hopewell in state championship. Both teams has a lot of talent coming back. Other teams in mix , northside, Phoebus, MV, who else am I missing?

What do you see as some of the bright spots for Northside, Phoebus, and Magna Vista? I’m not sure what Northside will do but at least they have consistency again. I figured Phoebus would have multiple state titles by now (at least that’s what they said). And Magna Vista hasn’t made it past the second round the past two years after going back to back.

For MV, last year they started 3 sophomore receivers and sophomore QB, so they really should be moving the ball a lot better this year. I really don’t know much right now about there defense but they have a very good defensive coach. A name I think to look out for is jakeel dalton, prob best athlete on team, played slot receiver last year. Not sure who the rb will be. Can’t wait for the Salem scrimmage to see how the young guys have improved. I think northside has a lot returning also.

You pretty much summed up my predictions. MV will be interesting to see how that team plays out through the season. I bleive they may have some things to work out. The talent is definitely there.

For MV, last year they started 3 sophomore receivers and sophomore QB, so they really should be moving the ball a lot better this year. I really don’t know much right now about there defense but they have a very good defensive coach. A name I think to look out for is jakeel dalton, prob best athlete on team, played slot receiver last year. Not sure who the rb will be. Can’t wait for the Salem scrimmage to see how the young guys have improved. I think northside has a lot returning also.

I believe one of the big receivers is out long term with an injury, same goes for the senior QB Greenfield. I also think that the long time DL coach is out as well. Injuries are never good, but historically MV is a place where depth isn't as big of an issue if injuries do arise. Next man up.

Word is I.C. Norcom's Casaan Dixon and Taurus Jones has SEC, ACC and Big 12 schools coming to see them play?

I believe one of the big receivers is out long term with an injury, same goes for the senior QB Greenfield. I also think that the long time DL coach is out as well. Injuries are never good, but historically MV is a place where depth isn't as big of an issue if injuries do arise. Next man up.
Coach Hughes? If that’s who is out then that is tall shoes to fill. Coach Hughes is one of the best in the business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT