ADVERTISEMENT

Big Games in Region B

Oct 10, 2021
CC vs Luray and Buckingham vs C L. Whenever CC and Luray play its a tough and tight matchup no matter the records. This is the first year Luray has had to come to Clarke in 3 years. I know Buckingham has a stout rushing attack. I wonder if Lurays QB will be back this week. I know CC has said Darlington is getting better week by week. He had a really good game against East Rock on friday. I know CC is expected to get a few other players back from injury as well. Luray is tough and the QB helps that offense out a lot. Any thoughts on these games?

Can only speak on Luray and Clarke. Luray is going to be out for blood after dropping their last 2. For them to beat Clarke they have to clean up the penalties. They had 6 unsportsmanlike penalties in crucial situations against Strasburg. Jenkins and Frye are hard to bring down with just one guy. For Clarke getting healthy is big. They need to keep Luray to 3rd and 6 plus. Luray does not throw the ball. Clarke has to get multiple guys to the ball or Luray will chew 6-7 minutes per drive. I say Clarke wins 28-21.

Reactions: DASWAMP11
CC vs Luray and Buckingham vs C L. Whenever CC and Luray play its a tough and tight matchup no matter the records. This is the first year Luray has had to come to Clarke in 3 years. I know Buckingham has a stout rushing attack. I wonder if Lurays QB will be back this week. I know CC has said Darlington is getting better week by week. He had a really good game against East Rock on friday. I know CC is expected to get a few other players back from injury as well. Luray is tough and the QB helps that offense out a lot. Any thoughts on these games?
Has Clarke played Page County yet. I have not seen them and can not find any info on what they have as far has offense and defensive weapons or if they are pass or run heavy

Has Clarke played Page County yet. I have not seen them and can not find any info on what they have as far has offense and defensive weapons or if they are pass or run heavy
They play them last week of season. They are not very good and I think they are run heavy

At the skill positions Clarke matches up pretty well with Darlington coming back and getting healthy. Clarke is getting healthy just in time for the playoffs. The only issue I see with Clarke is the line play they are so young on the lines. They do not have the experience up front like they did have. I hated to see Kyler go down in the Strasburg game because he is a great kid and Coach Childs has done a great job this year keeping them in the hunt with all the injuries they have dealt with. If they get fully healthy come playoff time they could win the region as well as anybody else. I am glad Strasburg plays Thursday so I can go to the Felt for the Luray game

At the skill positions Clarke matches up pretty well with Darlington coming back and getting healthy. Clarke is getting healthy just in time for the playoffs. The only issue I see with Clarke is the line play they are so young on the lines. They do not have the experience up front like they did have. I hated to see Kyler go down in the Strasburg game because he is a great kid and Coach Childs has done a great job this year keeping them in the hunt with all the injuries they have dealt with. If they get fully healthy come playoff time they could win the region as well as anybody else. I am glad Strasburg plays Thursday so I can go to the Felt for the Luray game
Clarke is playing better now. Their line is young but the last few games they have played really well. Like you said just in time for the playoffs. Friday will be a good test for them against a luray front that is big and aggressive. With region B being wide open it should make for a lot of great playoff games. I think there is 5 or 6 teams that could win the region with CC CW SD Luray Strasburg Buckingham all contenders

Clarke is playing better now. Their line is young but the last few games they have played really well. Like you said just in time for the playoffs. Friday will be a good test for them against a luray front that is big and aggressive. With region B being wide open it should make for a lot of great playoff games. I think there is 5 or 6 teams that could win the region with CC CW SD Luray Strasburg Buckingham all contenders
It is all about matchups as well. This is as wide open as I can ever remember the region being. If I am one of the teams that beat Clarke in the district and have to play them in the playoffs I would be a little concerned. It is tough to beat a team 2 times in the same season in High School Football. I can not wait to see the playoffs unfold. I also agree that 6 out of the 8 teams in the region playoffs could win it.

If it is wide open then that doesn’t bode well for the region winner.
History tells us this region needs a dominant team to hold a candle to the others.

If it is wide open then that doesn’t bode well for the region winner.
History tells us this region needs a dominant team to hold a candle to the others.
Strasburg- 6 seniors
Clarke- 6 seniors
East Rock- 7 Seniors
Luray- 11 seniors
Buckingham- 11 seniors is what I found online
Draft- 10 seniors
Madison- 14 seniors
Page- 15 seniors
Central Woodstock- 16 seniors

Central is the most senior laden team in the Region so they could have a little fall off. Strasburg and Clarke with only 6 seniors has a lot of underclassmen including freshman getting ample playing time at the Varsity level which is a good thing and they are having decent seasons. Luray, Buckingham, Draft, Madison, Page have a decent amount of seniors and I am not sure how many underclassmen are getting meaningful minutes at the Varsity level but these numbers to me I think this region could be competitive for the next 2-3 years with the underclassmen getting meaningful minutes early at the Varsity level. Strasburg's JV team is undefeated going into their last game against Central next week. That is a good sign for the Varsity team as most of those boys will be up next year to the Varsity squad. Hopefully all teams are healthy once the playoffs start. Going to be a lot of good games in the Region playoffs.

Watching Luray's QB last week on the sideline he did not look interested in being there. I understand to a degree because he was sidelined with a concussion. You still need to be involved and help your teammates any way you can. With all the focus on head injuries right now it is hard to say if he plays this week. Hope for the best for the young man but if something does not feel right with him I hope he does not rush back and end up with second impact syndrome.

Strasburg- 6 seniors
Clarke- 6 seniors
East Rock- 7 Seniors
Luray- 11 seniors
Buckingham- 11 seniors is what I found online
Draft- 10 seniors
Madison- 14 seniors
Page- 15 seniors
Central Woodstock- 16 seniors
Good info.. Thanks for sharing
I tend to lean to a senior heavy team to advance but the Page vs. Central info kills that narrative.

Good info.. Thanks for sharing
I tend to lean to a senior heavy team to advance but the Page vs. Central info kills that narrative.
I am surprised at how well Strasburg has done with only 6 seniors and I am a Strasburg Grad and I thought 5-5 or 6-4 for them when the season started but they have surprised me.

I am surprised at how well Strasburg has done with only 6 seniors and I am a Strasburg Grad and I thought 5-5 or 6-4 for them when the season started but they have surprised me.
I think they've surprised all of us. Especially the way they blew out Clarke at home this year!

I was not at the game, but I read that Sipe was injured and replaced by his cousin Tanner Sipe. I haven't been able to make any games this season except the Strasburg game because my mom needs my help to move down here from Carlisle PA since my father passed recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT